Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New install problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> New install problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New install problems - 12/16/2017 8:54:27 PM   
toomutch

Hi, I bought World in Flames last night, I bought the physical edition with the download as well, so I downloaded the installer from the link, opened up the zip file, followed all the same procedures as normal(I have a few Matrix games), entered the serial no. and started the install, after about 10 seconds it asks me to insert disk #1, obviously I don't have the physical copy yet and what if this happened to someone who just bought the digital download. Can somebody help, surely I don't have to wait until the physical copy arrives, I have never struck this before with any other Matrix games, I have about 10.

Thanks, Toomutch
Post #: 1
RE: New install problems - 12/16/2017 9:15:38 PM   
Orm

I recall that I read about this issue before. Could it be that your file needs to be extracted before installing? So that it becomes the several files needed? It is not an actual, physical, disk that is requested.

Anyway. The answer is buried somewhere on this forum. Or maybe someone who recalls this issue will give a better answer.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to toomutch)
Post #: 2
RE: New install problems - 12/16/2017 9:16:20 PM   
Orm

And welcome to MWIF. I hope that your troubles are soon fixed.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 3
RE: New install problems - 12/16/2017 9:20:37 PM   
toomutch

Thanks Orm, I will keep trying things.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 4
RE: New install problems - 12/16/2017 9:24:08 PM   
Orm

I found it. This worked for someone who had the same issue as you do. I hope it helps.

"Have seen this before. Don't unzip to the desktop, unzip to a folder and go there and run the install. That should work. "

(in reply to toomutch)
Post #: 5
RE: New install problems - 12/16/2017 9:30:33 PM   
toomutch

Thanks Orm, found it too, had to change the name of where it was looking for file, renamed it as said and now its installing as it should, thanks for your help.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 6
RE: New install problems - 12/17/2017 12:54:30 PM   
juntoalmar

Yes, I think that's a Windows' thing. If you double click a zip file, instead of unzip it it shows you a preview of its contents. You can't exe any program from the preview.

(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/

(in reply to toomutch)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> New install problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI