Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Victory score

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Victory score Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Victory score - 12/19/2017 7:33:24 PM   
bgreen

Hi recently played Road to Leningrad. During each turn the current score was reflected in points associated with losses. As the Germans my score was not increased as I took key victory hexes. Is this normal as I had thought it would take this into account as the game progressed. As it was I was "losing" but got a surprise with a marginal victory at the end!
Post #: 1
RE: Victory score - 12/25/2017 2:58:48 PM   
nukkxx5058

Good point. I had the same remark I think the scoring system is not very well designed. The scoring should reflect the situation as if the game was to end immediately. So if you gain a VP hex at turn 10 over a total of 20 turns for the scenario, you should be temporally awarded the VPs (that you will loose later on if you loose the hex).
No idea why the devs didn't do like this. Because as it is, the victory screen is mostly useless during the course of the game.
I also noticed that there are no VP hexes in the grand campaign. When clicking the button to flag the VPs, no flags appear on the map and the VP screen looks differently.
Am I missing something ?

(in reply to bgreen)
Post #: 2
RE: Victory score - 12/25/2017 6:47:27 PM   
No idea

quote:

ORIGINAL: nukkxx

Good point. I had the same remark I think the scoring system is not very well designed. The scoring should reflect the situation as if the game was to end immediately. So if you gain a VP hex at turn 10 over a total of 20 turns for the scenario, you should be temporally awarded the VPs (that you will loose later on if you loose the hex).
No idea why the devs didn't do like this. Because as it is, the victory screen is mostly useless during the course of the game.
I also noticed that there are no VP hexes in the grand campaign. When clicking the button to flag the VPs, no flags appear on the map and the VP screen looks differently.
Am I missing something ?

It depends on what kind of campaing you are aplying but in the "normal" one you get one point per city, 3 per light urban and 5 perheavy urban hex, iirc (and you need either 260 or 290 points, it depends on the campaing, to get an automatic victory as Axis) In other campaings the point count is different.

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Victory score Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI