Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DAK deployment failure?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> DAK deployment failure? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DAK deployment failure? - 12/21/2017 12:46:50 PM   
Leadwieght

Playing PBEM as the Allied, I took all the towns in Libya except Benghazi before December 1940. My opponent said yes to the DAK DE, but only half of the units appeared near Tripoli.

By mutual agreement, I pulled out of Sirte, to see if the remainder would appear there on a later turn, but after three turns, they had not, nor did they appear in the hexes around Tripoli after he had moved out those DAK units that did appear.

Anyone else seen this. Is it a glitch or WAD? If it's WAD, is it some sort of penalty on the Axis for allowing Libya to be overrun?
Post #: 1
RE: DAK deployment failure? - 12/21/2017 1:22:38 PM   
Hubert Cater

If I am understanding correctly, as it currently is this is WAD as the event only fires once and will only deploy within the available hexes. Subsequent movement of units, or making other locations available in another turn will not change the scripted UNIT deployment such as the DAK event, since as mentioned, the event has already fired, deployed what it could, and the game engine has then moved on etc.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to Leadwieght)
Post #: 2
RE: DAK deployment failure? - 12/21/2017 3:27:32 PM   
OxfordGuy3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

If I am understanding correctly, as it currently is this is WAD as the event only fires once and will only deploy within the available hexes. Subsequent movement of units, or making other locations available in another turn will not change the scripted UNIT deployment such as the DAK event, since as mentioned, the event has already fired, deployed what it could, and the game engine has then moved on etc.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

So in this situation, are those units "lost", but the full cost has been paid for them?

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: DAK deployment failure? - 12/21/2017 3:40:00 PM   
Hubert Cater

In game terms, unfortunately yes.

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 4
RE: DAK deployment failure? - 12/22/2017 2:38:25 PM   
Hartmann301

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Hope this helps,
Hubert

So which hexes need to be available west of Sirte? I only had 4 Italian units in the Tripoli area.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 5
RE: DAK deployment failure? - 12/22/2017 9:45:07 PM   
Leadwieght

So, the lesson here is—if you are retreating the Italians westwards prior to the arrival of the DAK, don’t give up Sirte.
Seems fair—it would be a rare case where the Allied player could get that far against even minimal Italian resistance.
What was unfair about our game, Hartmann, was that you didn’t know that, or presumably you would have put up some sort of delaying action in Cyrenaica.
Glad we bagged it and are starting fresh.

(in reply to Hartmann301)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> DAK deployment failure? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI