Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Next Year's Releases

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Next Year's Releases Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Next Year's Releases - 12/18/2017 11:14:49 AM   
Muso

This has been a huge year for us, releasing tons of new games and expansions, but next year will be just as great, if not even more!
Some of the games that will come out during 2018 have already been announced, and today we'll make a quick list to remind you what you will be waiting for!

- Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Relics of War: Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Relics of War incorporates the dark, gothic, far future science-fantasy setting in ways never tried before. A brand new, deep storyline has been created to combine elements of 4X gameplay with a combat-focused system. The construction of infrastructures and exploration of an unknown world goes hand in hand with the management of military resources, including heroes with special abilities and mighty war machines.

- Wars of Succession: Ageod’s Wars of Succession is a new game designed to cover two major wars that consumed Europe at the eve of the 18th Century. One was the War of Spanish Succession (1701-1713), pitting the French & Spanish Bourbons monarchs against the Grand Alliance built by Austrian Habsburg, Britain and the United Provinces. The other is the Great Northern War (1700-1721), between Sweden and Russia (and her allies), most of which focused around the succession of Poland. The two wars can be played in separate scenarios. Or there can be a huge 4-players scenario allowing both wars to be played simultaneously.

- Empires Apart: Empires Apart is a Real Time Strategy game set in medieval times.
You will lead one of six uniquely designed factions in outstanding procedurally generated maps. Each game is a totally different experience as you collect resources, assemble your army and wage war against your enemies.
Play as the Aztecs, Chinese, French, Mongols, Arabs or Byzantines and fight with up to 7 opponents in ranked matches and lobbies. Or chose skirmish mode against the AI to train your skills before you challenge your friends in multiplayer mode. Gather resources during the day and withstand hordes of enemies at night in Survival Mode.

- Desert War: Brian Kelly’s Desert War: 1940-42 captures the drama of the campaign for North Africa during World War II. 
This is an operational level, ground-centric wargame that recreates the epic tank battles fought between the Axis and Allies for possession of Libya and Egypt. 
It consists of a series of historical and “What-if” scenarios that allow the players to explore the ebb and flow of the actual conflict.

- Armored Brigade: Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability. The game has drawn inspiration from classics such as Close Combat, Steel Panthers and Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.
In Armored Brigade the Cold War has turned hot, and Europe is once again torn apart by conflict. An "Iron Curtain" divides the Western Powers gathered together under the NATO banner from the Soviet Union and its Warsaw Pact Allies.
Take command of the deadliest mechanized formations available during an arc of time spanning from the Kennedy-Chrušcev confrontation to the final years, and fight your opponents in large and detailed maps all across Europe.

- Panzer Corps 2: Panzer Corps 2 is currently in development using Unreal Engine 4, to allow an impressive leap forward in both technological capabilities and visual impact. Hundreds of World War 2 units will be shown with a level of quality and detail never seen before in a wargame.
The move to a fully 3D engine is a natural evolution of the game, but the core gameplay will always remain true to its roots: pay tribute to the classic gameplay of a distant golden age of strategy gaming, refine it, perfect it and use the most recent technologies to enhance these experiences and bring them to a new generation of gamers. In other words, strike the perfect balance between tradition and innovation, both in visuals and gameplay.

- Close Combat - The Bloody First: The latest title of this landmark series has now reached  'alpha' stage and we are confident that will be announced soon. We can't say too much more at this stage but we are sure it will please its many fans and the Matrix community. Stay tuned for further updates!

Also, there are many game that will receive new expansions, such as Order of Battle WWII, Field of Glory II, Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, Sanctus Reach and Command.
We will also release Heroes of Normandie on Xbox One!

As you can see, this 2018 looks really promising and, of course, there will be many more games that we will release during the next year. We hope you'll be looking forward to them!
Post #: 1
RE: Next Year's Releases - 12/18/2017 7:13:23 PM   
JamesM

I noticed that War in the East 2 is not listed for release next year. Any idea of a release period?

(in reply to Muso)
Post #: 2
RE: Next Year's Releases - 12/19/2017 2:29:21 PM   
Capitaine

There was talk a while back about a new engine for the Ageod games. Would Wars of Succession be employing such a new engine?

(in reply to JamesM)
Post #: 3
RE: Next Year's Releases - 12/19/2017 7:19:22 PM   
Majick

quote:

ORIGINAL: JamesM

I noticed that War in the East 2 is not listed for release next year. Any idea of a release period?

+1

(in reply to JamesM)
Post #: 4
RE: Next Year's Releases - 12/19/2017 10:11:28 PM   
budd

Don't see mention of Vic's Shadow Empire. Is Matrix not publishing it or is it that far out?

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Majick)
Post #: 5
RE: Next Year's Releases - 12/19/2017 10:25:41 PM   
Will_L

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capitaine

There was talk a while back about a new engine for the Ageod games. Would Wars of Succession be employing such a new engine?

With the old engine.
Link to the WoS forum:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewforum.php?f=397

(edited to correct information)

< Message edited by Will_L -- 12/21/2017 11:45:43 PM >

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 6
RE: Next Year's Releases - 12/20/2017 12:17:36 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

As you can see, this 2018 looks really promising and, of course, there will be many more games that we will release during the next year.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Will_L)
Post #: 7
RE: Next Year's Releases - 12/20/2017 8:47:36 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Will_L

quote:

With the new engine.
Link to the WoS forum:

No its the old engine, essentially its a marriage of Wars of Napoleon with Thirty Years War. So the simple supply system (ie its produced in provinces but doesn't move automatically) and simple command system (ie no army-corps relationships).

(in reply to Will_L)
Post #: 8
RE: Next Year's Releases - 12/20/2017 9:25:55 AM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: budd

Don't see mention of Vic's Shadow Empire. Is Matrix not publishing it or is it that far out?

quote:

As you can see, this 2018 looks really promising and, of course, there will be many more games that we will release during the next year.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 9
RE: Next Year's Releases - 12/20/2017 12:59:57 PM   
budd

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: budd

quote:

I see your employing the old mushroom technique.... Feed us crap, and keep us in the dark. This response seems appropriate
https://youtu.be/zalndXdxriI

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 10
RE: Next Year's Releases - 12/20/2017 10:56:59 PM   
Will_L

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

quote:

quote:

With the new engine.
Link to the WoS forum:

No its the old engine, essentially its a marriage of Wars of Napoleon with Thirty Years War. So the simple supply system (ie its produced in provinces but doesn't move automatically) and simple command system (ie no army-corps relationships).

Thanks for the clarification Loki, somehow got the impression this was going to be with the new engine.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 11
RE: Next Year's Releases - 12/21/2017 12:55:51 AM   
Capitaine

quote:

quote:

With the new engine.
Link to the WoS forum:

Actually, a post from Philippe on that forum states it is still the "old" engine for WoS, albeit streamlined. Whatever that means.

(in reply to Will_L)
Post #: 12
RE: Next Year's Releases - 12/22/2017 11:14:40 PM   
Hanal

I just cannot get that excited over Panzer Corp 2. I already own PC1 and Order of Battle so regurgitating the same campaigns with glossy 3D stuff, and a few extra bells and whistles, just does not do it for me.

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 13
RE: Next Year's Releases - 12/23/2017 10:48:47 AM   
Arkblade

How Distant Worlds 2 ?

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 14
RE: Next Year's Releases - 12/24/2017 4:52:00 PM   
athineos

I agree... I never liked the scale and how big the units looked compared to the background/terrain. I always liked JTCS much better. I cannot wait for the vietnam game to come out next year.

< Message edited by athineos -- 12/24/2017 4:53:01 PM >

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 15
RE: Next Year's Releases - 12/28/2017 2:06:27 PM   
jagfour

Where is the full 3d Pacific or Atlantic or Mediterranean sea world in both the Air and at sea with a decent campaign engine? None of the 20-30 missions rubbish. The last ones were about 20 years ago. World of Warships is a joke, so that doesn't cut it. Microsoft was the last to do it with a Carrier game and Task Force 1942 battle of Guadalcanal.

(in reply to athineos)
Post #: 16
RE: Next Year's Releases - 1/5/2018 11:05:32 AM   
ncc1701e

quote:

Actually, a post from Philippe on that forum states it is still the "old" engine for WoS, albeit streamlined. Whatever that means.

It means that the old engine will be used at its best:
. Individual scenarios
. Two sides only
. No complicate things with campaigns and diplomacy / alliance
. No big stacks / OOBs that could leverage memory problem and slowness of the engine

Cheers

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 17
RE: Next Year's Releases - 1/6/2018 7:50:14 AM   
ratingroup

thanks for sharing

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Next Year's Releases Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI