Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/20/2017 10:14:47 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: aldehyt

At pirate gameplay, built freighters and other (SMUGGLERS), dont get neutral flag, is any solution for this ?

Can you elaborate? Is this somethign with teh Bacon Mod or the game in general. Smugglers have a chance of being detected as pirates. If detected they will be shot at -- even by the empire that requested them to smuggle goods. Go figure.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dudok22

This happens when I try to start a new game. few times it actually loaded but crashed few minutes into the new game.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at BaconDistantWorlds.BaconBuiltObject.HugeProcessingSpanActions(BuiltObject ship)
   at DistantWorlds.Types.BuiltObject.DoTasks(DateTime time, Int64 starDate, Boolean inView)

The mod should now no longer require you to hit a key right away but from that stack trace the only thing that could be causing a null reference exception is the global varibale I use and which is initialized on the first key press.
Try pressing a key as soon as the game loads and see if that solves your problem.

quote:

Your mod barely working with others mods, so many Array OutOfBounds, i hope you know how to fix that, cause mod is great.

Which mod are you using it with? Do you get a popup box with the error message or a crash?

(in reply to aldehyt)
Post #: 421
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/21/2017 6:13:12 AM   
Sithuk

Hi Roger, great work here, any update on the question below?
quote:

ORIGINAL: Sithuk

Hi Roger, is there anyway you can have the galaxy screen view (hotkey g) remember the last selected menu options? It is frustrating when searching for resource locations to constantly have to reselect the drop down menu choices for a particular resource.

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 422
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/21/2017 6:27:47 AM   
aldehyt

quote:

Can you elaborate? Is this somethign with teh Bacon Mod or the game in general. Smugglers have a chance of being detected as pirates. If detected they will be shot at -- even by the empire that requested them to smuggle goods. Go figure.

Every pirate freighter, passanger ship, mining ship should be not detectable by other empires and other pirates as enemy - should be netrual. In pirate case, all private ships, are recognizing as my faction, so they are attacking everywhere by everyone, I cant post links, so i send it in private message.

Error 1: During creating world:(Vanilla no other mods, only your) The object reference has not been set to the instance of the object.
System.NullReferenceException: Odwołanie do obiektu nie zostało ustawione na wystąpienie obiektu.
   w BaconDistantWorlds.BaconBuiltObject.HugeProcessingSpanActions(BuiltObject ship)
   w DistantWorlds.Types.BuiltObject.DoTasks(DateTime time, Int64 starDate, Boolean inView)
   w DistantWorlds.Start.method_76(Galaxy galaxy_0, Empire empire_0)
   w DistantWorlds.Start.method_77(Game game_1)
   w DistantWorlds.Start.btnStartNewGameStart_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   w DistantWorlds.Controls.GlassButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   w DistantWorlds.Controls.GlassButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

< Message edited by aldehyt -- 12/21/2017 6:33:01 AM >

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 423
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/21/2017 12:19:56 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

Hi Roger, great work here, any update on the question below?
quote:

Hi Roger, is there anyway you can have the galaxy screen view (hotkey g) remember the last selected menu options? It is frustrating when searching for resource locations to constantly have to reselect the drop down menu choices for a particular resource.

Sorry. I haven't had a chance to look in to it yet.

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 424
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/21/2017 12:24:16 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

quote:

Every pirate freighter, passanger ship, mining ship should be not detectable by other empires and other pirates as enemy - should be netrual. In pirate case, all private ships, are recognizing as my faction, so they are attacking everywhere by everyone, I cant post links, so i send it in private message.

Error 1: During creating world:(Vanilla no other mods, only your) The object reference has not been set to the instance of the object.
System.NullReferenceException: Odwołanie do obiektu nie zostało ustawione na wystąpienie obiektu.
   w BaconDistantWorlds.BaconBuiltObject.HugeProcessingSpanActions(BuiltObject ship)
   w DistantWorlds.Types.BuiltObject.DoTasks(DateTime time, Int64 starDate, Boolean inView)
   w DistantWorlds.Start.method_76(Galaxy galaxy_0, Empire empire_0)
   w DistantWorlds.Start.method_77(Game game_1)
   w DistantWorlds.Start.btnStartNewGameStart_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   w DistantWorlds.Controls.GlassButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   w DistantWorlds.Controls.GlassButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Smugglers can be detected as pirates. It's part of the regular game and Ididn't change that behavior. Some ship captains have a better chance of not being detected than others.

As for your crash, it's the same as Dudok22's crash. I'll fix it but for now everyone should go back to hitting a key as soon as the game loads ( I.e. when you can issue orders and stuff). That will avoid the crash for this null reference exception.

(in reply to aldehyt)
Post #: 425
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/21/2017 2:44:19 PM   
aldehyt

quote:

Smugglers can be detected as pirates. It's part of the regular game and Ididn't change that behavior. Some ship captains have a better chance of not being detected than others.

But my are detected in 100% cases, so literally i cant smuggle any 1 resource, cause every ship fleeing ;)

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 426
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/21/2017 2:49:32 PM   
Dudok22

Thanks, pressing key seems to work! I am getting some UI error when I open Build order screen (F9)

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

After a while it crashes with "Error Code ProcGx" system OutOfMemoryExeption

Btw posting bug reports on this forum is hell because I can't post links and the system takes nearly everything as a link even the error report itself.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 427
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/21/2017 3:55:32 PM   
fruitgnome

I have the same problem.

(in reply to Dudok22)
Post #: 428
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/21/2017 9:53:40 PM   
aldehyt

quote:

I forgot one think, if you will look at screen what i sent you. On Freighter circle have a colour, oryginally should be a grey(what in my mind mean, the ship is always recognizing as enemy, so maybe you accidentally changed something ;)

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 429
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/22/2017 3:52:48 AM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dudok22

Thanks, pressing key seems to work! I am getting some UI error when I open Build order screen (F9)

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

After a while it crashes with "Error Code ProcGx" system OutOfMemoryExeption

Btw posting bug reports on this forum is hell because I can't post links and the system takes nearly everything as a link even the error report itself.

Have you modified the number of components and loaded a saved game from before the change? That will cause an index out of bounds exception on the build screen. That was the only time I saw that error-- when I added the bomber bays and my component list was one longer than before.
Oh yeah, also if you add more ship models and load a saved game it will have problems, including a possible out of bounds error on that page. Finally, if you add something like Cruiser2.jpg without adding Cruiser1.jpg it cound cause the error.

(in reply to Dudok22)
Post #: 430
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/22/2017 3:55:02 AM   
RogerBacon

quote:

quote:

I forgot one think, if you will look at screen what i sent you. On Freighter circle have a colour, oryginally should be a grey(what in my mind mean, the ship is always recognizing as enemy, so maybe you accidentally changed something ;)

I looked at it. I'm not sure I saw a colored circle though. I'm playing a game as a pirate now and about 90% of my smuggling missions are successful (i.e. not detected).
Try using the in-game editor and give yourself a ship captain with a super high level in smuggling and see if he is still detected.

(in reply to aldehyt)
Post #: 431
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/22/2017 7:38:45 AM   
aldehyt

I wont clutter this post, i will send all you via pm

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 432
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/22/2017 3:27:12 PM   
RogerBacon

aldehyt has found a bug with pirate smugglers. I will fix it in the next version. Until then I suggest all you pirates out there only accept smuggling missions to independent colonies unless your freighters are built like battleships.

Essentially the bug is this:
A ships has two properties "Empire" and another one I hadn't noticed "ActualEmpire". They are always the same except in the case of smugglers. In that case "ActualEmpire" is your pirate empire but "Empire" is the independent empire. As a result, other empires won't attack smugglers. For some reason the ships the player was building were setting Empire to their empire instead of independent. It may have something to do with the change I made that lets you build all ship types regardless of whether or not you are a pirate. Anyway, I have a fix for it and I should be able to get the next update out this weekend. I will also include a fix for the crash a few others have mentioned about the null reference exception. Othere than those bug fixes there probably won't be anything new as I haven't had time to touch DWU in the past couple of weeks.

(in reply to aldehyt)
Post #: 433
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/23/2017 11:52:52 AM   
Arkblade

you have any plans to give change main fonts ability to users?
(mainly for the not english user)

< Message edited by Arkblade -- 12/23/2017 11:56:28 AM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 434
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/23/2017 12:01:39 PM   
Beyondfubar

Just started playing as a pirate and interestingly I get this error *sometimes* when starting the game up for the first time. It makes a reference to your huge map thing, which I am not using due to only having an awesome computer.. not a supercomputer! I can't wait for the next decade, so I can run that many stars!

Edit: I don't get this when playing normal empires, and can restart until I don't get it as pirates.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at BaconDistantWorlds.BaconBuiltObject.HugeProcessingSpanActions(BuiltObject ship)
at DistantWorlds.Types.BuiltObject.DoTasks(DateTime time, Int64 starDate, Boolean inView)
at DistantWorlds.Start.method_76(Galaxy galaxy_0, Empire empire_0)
at DistantWorlds.Start.method_77(Game game_1)
at DistantWorlds.Start.btnStartNewGameStart_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at DistantWorlds.Controls.GlassButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at DistantWorlds.Controls.GlassButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

< Message edited by Beyondfubar -- 12/23/2017 12:04:01 PM >

(in reply to Arkblade)
Post #: 435
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/23/2017 1:39:45 PM   
aldehyt

Same as mine, Bacon few post ago wrote solution. Just look

(in reply to Beyondfubar)
Post #: 436
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/23/2017 1:59:28 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arkblade

you have any plans to give change main fonts ability to users?
(mainly for the not english user)

Sadly, no. I made some screens more readable by changing background color and getting rid of the drop shadow. The fonts are tied to screen resolutions (kinda, sorta) and making changes causes things to overlap and look really bad.

(in reply to Arkblade)
Post #: 437
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/23/2017 2:35:10 PM   
RogerBacon

Version 1.61 Released.

Fixed bug where pirate freighters would be detected as pirates 100% of time.
Fixed null reference bug in two places. This was caused by using a global variable that has to be initialized but wasn't. This is the same variable that is initialized when hitting a key for the first time. I thought I had a way to do this without hitting a key but apparently it doesn't work 100% of the cases. So I would recommend you go back to hitting a key when the game starts just to be safe.

Added a feature in BaconSettings.txt to turn off background stars when zoomed in.

backgroundStarsAtZoomLevel

Set it to zero to disable procedurally drawn background stars. For removing background stars when zoomed out replace \images\environment\galaxybackdrops\galaxy_backdrop.jpg with a plain black image.
It takes a little getting used to but its much easier to see asteroids.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 438
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/23/2017 5:30:56 PM   
aldehyt

It is possible for you code, force to retrofit all private ships in one click ?
I ask, cause freighters have stupid behaviours like move to end of galaxy on old hyperdrives, etc...

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 439
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/23/2017 6:09:44 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

It is possible for you code, force to retrofit all private ships in one click ?
I ask, cause freighters have stupid behaviours like move to end of galaxy on old hyperdrives, etc...

You can use the new category on the ship selector drop down "Upgradeable" to quickly find all ships that can be upgraded. Then its only a click for each category of ship to order them to upgrade.

(in reply to aldehyt)
Post #: 440
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/23/2017 6:28:46 PM   
aldehyt

I mean, this oryginally private ships, not included in state, cause they can't be forced now.

And another question, i tried change second and third value at Terraforming in Retreat mod, but this looks like terraforming works only when i load Bacon theme, is any option to force merge features with both mods ?

Edit:

Dosen't matter now working in propably just need new game

< Message edited by aldehyt -- 12/24/2017 6:01:06 AM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 441
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/24/2017 4:13:22 AM   
Beyondfubar

Nope. This is before the map loads. No buttons to press, or am I missing a post?

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 442
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/24/2017 5:43:51 AM   
aldehyt

First post on this page

(in reply to Beyondfubar)
Post #: 443
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/24/2017 9:00:40 AM   
Nobody987

Thank you for including ability to change ship templates, but I have a question, how do you suppose to use it?
I tried changing template file values in designTemplates folder and then in game ctrl + e with !loadtemplates command but nothing changes (i delete already existing designs and let the AI do it again). AI still generates same designs as defined previously in mentioned file. I guess I am doing something wrong or I have missed some steps :/ any help is appreciated.

(in reply to aldehyt)
Post #: 444
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/24/2017 1:17:53 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nobody987

Thank you for including ability to change ship templates, but I have a question, how do you suppose to use it?
I tried changing template file values in designTemplates folder and then in game ctrl + e with !loadtemplates command but nothing changes (i delete already existing designs and let the AI do it again). AI still generates same designs as defined previously in mentioned file. I guess I am doing something wrong or I have missed some steps :/ any help is appreciated.

The intention is to regenerate designs for the AI empires. It does not affect the player's empire. I can probably include an optional switch to include the player's empire if that feature is desired.
However, everyone who plans to use this feature in 1.61 (or earlier) should note that I just found a bug that might cause a crash if you try to use this command when you are playing as a pirate. I'll fix it in the next patch.

(in reply to Nobody987)
Post #: 445
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/24/2017 1:41:17 PM   
Sabranan

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon
I can probably include an optional switch to include the player's empire if that feature is desired.

It certainly is!

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 446
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/25/2017 2:53:41 AM   
RogerBacon

It has been brought to my attention that the fix I put in for pirate freighters will cause a crash if you "re-roll" your galaxy (start a game, don't like the settings, go back to main menu and generate a new galaxy). I have a fix but I won't be able to get a new release out before the new year. Until then, if you don't like your galaxy and want to start over you have to exit the game. Sorry.

(in reply to Sabranan)
Post #: 447
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/26/2017 3:29:07 AM   
Beyondfubar

quote:

First post on this page

Roger that, this error is happening before I land on the map. I'm getting it after choosing the galaxy settings in the new game start up. Actually I was unaware I no longer had to hit a button, as I always have cycled the spacebar, (heh, even before this mod!)

Doesn't happen every time, but seems to be a 1/3 chance. No ideas on my end at all.

Wondering if the above post is related to my issue. I'll try and break your next version Roger, might be my issue.

< Message edited by Beyondfubar -- 12/26/2017 6:55:24 PM >

(in reply to aldehyt)
Post #: 448
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/27/2017 12:50:50 AM   
Ragemaster9999

Having an issue with the mod getting it to play nice with beyond extended universe alpha. The research for one of the races, Calephs, has their own fighter tree tech. I cant find an all dimensional bomber bay, even though I'v unlocked the appropriate tech. The only fighter bay I have is the all dimensional fighter bay, but the bacon mod separates the two. What am I doing wrong? I can only have fighters right now due to the missing component.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 449
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 12/27/2017 2:12:33 AM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragemaster9999

Having an issue with the mod getting it to play nice with beyond extended universe alpha. The research for one of the races, Calephs, has their own fighter tree tech. I cant find an all dimensional bomber bay, even though I'v unlocked the appropriate tech. The only fighter bay I have is the all dimensional fighter bay, but the bacon mod separates the two. What am I doing wrong? I can only have fighters right now due to the missing component.

Did you get the merged files for Bacon Mod and Beyond Universe Alpha from the first page (or merge the mods yourself)? If the Calephs fighter bay is higher tech you won't see the regular fighter and bomber bays but they should still be there if you researched them. If you want to add them to a ship you have to check the "show obsolete components" on the ship design screen.

(in reply to Ragemaster9999)
Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI