Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Edit forces screen too small

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Edit forces screen too small Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Edit forces screen too small - 12/23/2017 11:46:25 AM   
draske

Hi all,

I have TOAW IV and the latest Beta patch installed. First of all my compliments on version 4.
I encounter one issue. The window of the force editor is very small. It uses around one 6th of my screen. If you go for example to the icon selector it is soo small that my old eyes have problems to see the details. My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080. I tried a lower resolution but this seems not make much difference. Is there a setting I can make to get this screen bigger ?

Thanks !
Post #: 1
RE: Edit forces screen too small - 12/23/2017 1:52:11 PM   
Oberst_Klink

Andreas,

have a look at the following sticky-post: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4379197

a) Make sure you got the latest beta (4.0.1.23)
b) You can enlarge both the fonts and the scaling. There's a file called Opart 4 fonts.ini. Add the following at the end of the file (see screenshot). You can adjust it to a scaling factor, say... 1.5 and see how it goes.

Klink, Oberst

Attachment (1)

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to draske)
Post #: 2
RE: Edit forces screen too small - 12/23/2017 2:02:25 PM   
JPJ

quote:

ORIGINAL: draske

The window of the force editor is very small. It uses around one 6th of my screen. If you go for example to the icon selector it is soo small that my old eyes have problems to see the details. My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080. I tried a lower resolution but this seems not make much difference. Is there a setting I can make to get this screen bigger ?

I think you mean the Force Editor window and its Unit Icon selector subwindow in the Editor?
My monitor is also 1920 x 1080 (and my eyes are also tired).
I don't know how much size difference is enough for you of course, but for comparison on my monitor:

- at 1920 x 1080, the Force Editor measures ca. 10 x 15 cm;
- at 1600 x 900, the Force Editor measures ca. 12 x 18 cm and the Unit Icon subwindow becomes correspondingly larger (which is the new size I would expect from the ratios and is noticeable for me);
- at 1280 x 720, the size difference is even more appreciable.

You can change the resolution in Windows (system wide) or in the Opart 4.ini file (TOAW only). (The Game window is limited to a minimum size of 1024 x 768 according to the manual).

Unfortunately, that window is not resizable with the mouse; and the graphics [Scaling] option in the Opart 4 Fonts.ini file does not work on that window in the Editor.

(You may find the [Scaling] option useful to upscale Game windows though; see for example here #2 and here #6).

---
Edit: correct window title

< Message edited by JPJ -- 12/24/2017 6:38:30 AM >

(in reply to draske)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Edit forces screen too small Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI