Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Submitted Scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Submitted Scenarios Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/25/2017 3:08:48 PM   
rico21

Hey Mike you've forgotten the zip!

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 541
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/25/2017 3:21:33 PM   
genesismwt

Yeah, it choked on the size of the original file. Then the next thing I knew, I had posted with no attachment.

But anyhows, here is Rico's collection, consolidated to a single zip file.

Thanks for playing!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 542
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/25/2017 4:32:15 PM   
rico21

Thanks, Brother.

(in reply to genesismwt)
Post #: 543
To The Last Man - 11/25/2017 4:33:59 PM   
rico21

To The Last Man
Budapest,13 January 1945: Malinovskii's forward detachments had encircled doomed Budapest. The German garrison, ordered by
Hitler to defend the Hungarian capital to the last man, fortify the city for a siege as Ceramics Factory, where well-armed and
determined SS troops had organized a circular defense.

Russian -->] German

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns - LOS 11 HEXES
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ The general - Deluxe ASL scenario A ]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 544
A Morning at the Zoo - 12/1/2017 5:58:02 PM   
rico21

A Morning at the Zoo
Kharkov,12 March 1943: Despite being forced out of the city a month earlier, the LSSAH has returned. Fighting rages throughout
the city, as SS spearheads converge upon Dzerzhinsky Square near the center of town. Just south of that place lies the Kharkov
Zoo, where hardened men of the Soviet 5th Tank Army have dug in...

German -->] Russian

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns - LOS 8 HEXES
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer: Combat Mission'Men [ CMBB ]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 545
Seelow - 12/3/2017 2:56:27 PM   
rico21

Seelow
On April 16, 1945, the Red Army attacked the German defense lines near the town of Seelow, 70 km east of Berlin. The Soviet
Marshal Zhukov having underestimated the altitude of the city, his commanders were forced to make detours. A very chaotic fight
ensued in the marshy surroundings of the Oder and on the heights of Seelow.
On April 16, 1945, at 3 am, the first Belarusian front, led by Marshal Georgi Zhukov, attacked the German lines. The 9th German
Army, led by General Theodor Busse, was positioned in the marshy surroundings of the Oder, 90 km east of Berlin. German troops
seem to offer a weak resistance, Marshal Zhukov decided to launch the attack. She was not, however, successful. Indeed, the 143
anti-aircraft projectors placed in the front line to blind the enemy also disoriented his own soldiers. In addition, the Soviet
forces were surprised by the intensity of the German defense fire. Earlier than he had planned, Marshal Zhukov had to engage
two army corps in the battle, causing chaos at the rear of the Küstrin bridgehead, where the tanks were stationed. Conversely,
German units managed to successfully carry out several counterattacks against the Red Army.
When the first Soviet tanks reached the heights of Seelow and tried to continue their ascent, the men of Marshal Zhukov quickly
realized that he had underestimated the altitude of the city. In some places, the slope was so steep that Soviet commanders
were forced to make detours, often finding themselves facing the German lines of defense. The marshy surroundings of the Oder
and the heights of Seelow were the scene of a fierce battle.
The situation did not really change until 18 April, when the Soviet tanks reached Reichsstrasse 1 at Diedersdorf, just after
Seelow, and headed for Müncheberg. On April 19, Marshal Zhukov's troops finally crossed the last line of German defense and
began their advance towards Berlin, the battle of the heights of Seelow having left thousands dead and wounded on both sides.

Russian -->] German

Scenario Length: 12 Game Turns - LOS 12 HEXES
Scenario designer: X'Men [ Cough Rico ]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 546
Marxdorf - 12/7/2017 3:24:40 PM   
rico21

Marxdorf
04/19/1945, South-East of Muncheberg.
The battle for the Berlin breakthrough is almost complete. The heights of Seelow were swept away by the 8th Guards Army at the
cost of heavy losses. His opponent, the 9th German Army is also in very bad shape. Short of ammunition, she is trying to slow
the Russian advance to organize a new line of defense.
The 1st Armored Army and 8th Guards Army are now advancing towards muncheberg on Reichstrasse 1, the main road leading directly
to Berlin. On their southern flank, the XI SS Panzerkorps is preparing to retake the small village of Marxdorf to block the
road again.

German ->] Russian

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns - LOS 14 Hexes
Scenario designer:Combat Mission'Men [Combat Mission 2 Barbarossa to Berlin]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 547
RE: Marxdorf - 12/9/2017 11:19:30 AM   
fuselex

First time , be gentle.
Play as German , Victory conditions may be a bit off , along with a lot of other stuff , but if either side hold 2
victory hexes it`s a major win to them , 1 each is a draw .
Not even sure if the upload will work :)
On normal difficulty .

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by fuselex -- 12/9/2017 11:36:18 AM >

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 548
RE: Marxdorf - 12/9/2017 10:48:25 PM   
slaphappypappy

Nice scenario!
German-Hard
Minor victory.

(in reply to fuselex)
Post #: 549
RE: Marxdorf - 12/9/2017 10:54:28 PM   
slaphappypappy

Rico,
Nice scenarios!
Both as German hard.
Seelow-draw
Maxdorf-held the one victory point at costs.

(in reply to slaphappypappy)
Post #: 550
RE: Marxdorf - 12/10/2017 7:09:03 AM   
rico21

@slaphappypappy.Thanks.

@fuselex.It taken me six turns to kill all them.Good job.

Post #: 551
Muncheberg - 12/13/2017 2:03:53 PM   
rico21

Muncheberg
04/19/1945
With the Third Reich in its death throes, the Soviet juggernaut began to pick up speed. The German defense line on the Oder had
been broken; one town after another fell to the Russian armies as they advanced on Berlin. Hitler was determined not to fight
the final battle in the city itself, but rather on the front of the IX Army. Throwing whatever troops were available into the
path of the onrushing hordes, the Germans paid a bitter price for every day’s delay. One such instance where heavy fighting
occurred was in and around the little town of Muncheberg, where the Germans momentarily mounted a semblance of organized
defense.
This is a remake of the famously unbalanced scenario The Agony of Doom. There are many changes in this new version: new
mapboard and some changes in the Orders of Battle (especially the Russian one, which is increased by a powerful reinforcement
group.) So playing this one is a completely new experience if you have already played The Agony of Doom.

Russian -->[ German

Scenario Length: 9 Game Turns - LOS (10 hexes)
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ The Agony of Doom + Cough Rico ]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 552
Schoenhauser Allee - 12/18/2017 2:07:04 PM   
rico21

Schoenhauser Allee
04/22/1945
Zhukov's 1st Bielorussian Front has entered Berlin and fierce fighting has erupted throughout the city. Pushing North, elements
of 1st Guards Tank Army aim to sever the last lifeline for the center of Berlin to the northern elements of Army Group Vistula.

Russian -->[ German

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns - LOS (14 hexes)
Scenario designer: Combat Mission'Men [ Schoenhauser Allee ]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 553
Keeping up with the Rico's - 12/19/2017 2:09:42 AM   
genesismwt

My gosh, Rico is industrious. It's hard to keep up just playing them all, let alone trying to keep up with new scenarios to post.

I have converted one I found that I liked. In anticipation of MMP's release of their Korean war module, this one takes place in Seoul, SK.

It's too bad that we don't have some sort of captured weapon mechanic to give the Russians some panzerfausts. In lieu of PF's I gave the North Koreans(Russians) a handful of Molotov Projectors and Demo Charges, with proof that it works! (It was being played on Hard difficulty)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by genesismwt -- 12/19/2017 2:11:28 AM >

The game is afoot!

Mike

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 554
Seoul Brothers - 12/19/2017 2:16:20 AM   
genesismwt

Seoul Brothers

Gun Duel 2001 GD6

Seoul, S. Korea, 26 September 1950:
Days earlier the 1st Marine Division combined 2 of the most difficult military operations, an amphibious
landing and urban warfare, in theri successful assault landing at the city of Inchon on Korea's western
coast. After overwhelming the defenders at Inchon the 1st Marine Division pushed on to ther next operational
objective, the city of Seoul. Many men of the 1st Marine Div. were veterans of heavy jungle fighting on Guadalcanal,
New Britain and Peleliu. Their new mission brought them face to face with another determined enemy. The North
Korean Peoples Army 9th Division, this time in a different setting.

Units Human Players
'Murican: Squads, MMG, MMG, HMG, BAZ, AFV
NKPA(Russians): Squads, HMG, LMG, MOL Projector & Demo(poor substitutes for RPG-2's), AFV

Maps: One Map

Terrain: Urban

Scenario Length: 5.5 Game Turns

Victory objective: Victory is obtained by accumulating VP for both VL's. Capture or retention of 16,24 is a must.

Adapted by: genesismwt

Attachment (1)

The game is afoot!

Mike

(in reply to genesismwt)
Post #: 555
RE: Seoul Brothers - 12/19/2017 3:54:51 AM   
slaphappypappy

Seoul Brothers
Nice small short scenario.
Played Americans on hard and got Minor Victory.

(in reply to genesismwt)
Post #: 556
RE: Seoul Brothers - 12/20/2017 3:49:45 PM   
rico21

Mike, Stop to monopolize submitted scenarios!
I'll play your old scenario Seoul Brothers tomorrow, today I play only the new scenario TOTH Brothers.

Post #: 557
RE: Seoul Brothers - 12/20/2017 8:14:47 PM   
UP844

quote:

ORIGINAL: slaphappypappy

Seoul Brothers
Nice small short scenario.

Nice, small, short and nasty scenario

Just played it with both sides at Very Hard level.

With the Americans, I got a Major Victory at the last turn: a tough and challenging game

With the North Koreans I managed to fare quite well until turn 4, killing both Pershings and then using the T-34s to keep the Americans away from the 20 VP hex: I didn't occupy it (why should I give free targets to an enemy with superior firepower?), but I kept a killer stack with the B* leader, 3 squads, 1 HMG, 1 LMG and 1 DC sheltered in an adjacent hex, ready to blast anyone. This is exactly what they did twice, killing and routing Americans as planned. On the third attempt, however, an American squad somewhat survived my fire, entered CC and quickly slaughtered the so-called "killer stack" against all odds, without even suffering a CR (these are the moments I love in TOTH, as I loved them in ASL). In the American turn 6 the same squad advanced in the 20-VP hex and I got a Major Defeat

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP

Post #: 558
RE: Seoul Brothers - 12/21/2017 12:05:56 AM   
genesismwt

I am certainly glad that those that played it have liked it. It took awhile to get the NK set up so that they would primarily defend 16,24, the 20 point hex. In first couple iterations, they would set up way in the back and leave 16,24 wide open. I truly dislike forcing pieces to specific hexes. I like to leave that to the player.

I like the shorter scenarios, whether its TotH or ASL. It's probably due to my short attention span.

< Message edited by genesismwt -- 12/21/2017 12:06:35 AM >

The game is afoot!

Mike

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 559
RE: Seoul Brothers - 12/21/2017 1:31:38 AM   
Peter Fisla

just wondering, you guys know how to use the AI Special Command right? When AI is on HOLD (meaning AI is defending) thee AI generally handles the defense. However with the AI Special Command Defend, you can designate a specific AI unit(s) constantly defend a specific hex. In Addition, while AI is on HOLD, the AI special command - Attack can used for specific units on the map/reinforcements coming on the map that will be be in attack mode. Just wondering...if you guys have used this feature at all when designing your scenarios.

(in reply to genesismwt)
Post #: 560
RE: Seoul Brothers - 12/21/2017 1:46:10 AM   
UP844

I think a dedicated thread about the AI "psychology" would be very interesting, but it's 3.45 AM here . Let's talk about it tomorrow

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 561
RE: Seoul Brothers - 12/21/2017 3:47:26 AM   
genesismwt

In the scenario as posted, I only have the AI controlled units set to defend the hex with the AI special command defend.

I just adjusted the scenario locally to have more units set to defend the hex, namely the top leader. He did not set up in the hex, and it only led to him getting caught out in the street trying to move an MMG and a squad to take the hex back. I did not necessarily want to make him set up in the hex as the Americans do have LOS to it at the start. When I play the defender, I usually have him back a hex, for rallying in that first turn, but will move him up later.

By limiting the set up hexes and giving the AI only units the defend the hex command is how I go the AI to scenario to its present state.

The game is afoot!

Mike

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 562
The Front in Flames - 12/21/2017 9:12:57 AM   
rico21

The Front in Flames
20 km south of Kharkov, USSR 1943-08-22
As Kharkov fell for the final time, front lines became unclear. Observation posts and defensive lines were held briefly, then
abandoned as the Soviets advanced. The front began to stabilize around the Mosh River as units of the Soviet 57th Army clashed
with German XI Corps troops for commanding terrain; such terrain as the church of the "Rollbahn" to Dnepropetrovsk.

Russian --><-- German

Scenario Length: 4 Game Turns - LOS (14 hexes)
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ Scenario R214 ]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 563
Henderson Field - 12/21/2017 3:06:34 PM   
rico21

Henderson Field
09/14/1942
The Battle of Edson's Ridge, also known as the Battle of the Bloody Ridge, Battle of Raiders Ridge, and Battle of the Ridge,
was a land battle of the Pacific campaign of World War II between Imperial Japanese Army and Allied (mainly United States
Marine Corps) ground forces. It took place from 12–14 September 1942, on Guadalcanal in the Solomon Islands, and was the second
of three separate major Japanese ground offensives during the Guadalcanal Campaign.
In the battle, U.S. Marines, under the overall command of U.S. Major General Alexander Vandegrift, repulsed an attack by the
Japanese 35th Infantry Brigade, under the command of Japanese Major General Kiyotake Kawaguchi. The Marines were defending the
Lunga perimeter that guarded Henderson Field on Guadalcanal, which was captured from the Japanese by the Allies in landings on
Guadalcanal on 7 August 1942. Kawaguchi's unit was sent to Guadalcanal in response to the Allied landings with the mission of
recapturing the airfield and driving the Allied forces from the island.
Underestimating the strength of Allied forces on Guadalcanal—about 12,000— Kawaguchi's 6,000 soldiers conducted several
nighttime frontal assaults on the U.S. defenses. The main Japanese assault occurred around Lunga ridge south of Henderson
Field, manned by troops from several U.S. Marine Corps units, primarily troops from the 1st Raider and 1st Parachute Battalions
under U.S. Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel Merritt A. Edson. Although the Marine defenses were almost overrun, Kawaguchi's
attack was ultimately defeated, with heavy losses for the Japanese.
Because of the key participation by Edson's unit in defending the ridge, the ridge was commonly referred to as Edson's ridge in
historical accounts of the battle in Western sources. After Edson's Ridge, the Japanese continued to send troops to Guadalcanal
for further attempts to retake Henderson Field, affecting Japanese offensive operations in other areas of the South Pacific.

Japanese -->[ American

Scenario Length: 12 Game Turns - LOS (10 hexes)
Scenario designer: Blitzkrieg'Men [ Cough Rico ]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 564
Kharkov - 12/24/2017 12:34:00 PM   
rico21

Kharkov
02/15/1943
The Soviets enter the suburbs of Kharkov. General Hausser, at the head of the 22nd Armored Corps SS gives the order of
withdrawal to Poltava, west of Kharkov, to avoid being encircled inside the city that Hitler had given him order to defend.

The departure of the SS-Panzerkorps and the 231st Sich.Div. takes place in order. Units in the eastern position retreat slowly
from 5 pm, allowing sappers to sabotage or trap several depots and bridges. The bulk must have left Kharkov before dark, the
320th ID winning West and South West of the city, on the river Udy, to facilitate the withdrawal of the SS and the GD. The Das
Reich provides the bulk of the cover forces ahead of Kazakov and Rybalko and, with the effective support of the PaKs and StuGs
of the division, succeeds in a brilliant fight of delay. The SS-Pz.Rgt.2 tanks reportedly ambushed the 15th Corps point,
eliminating 15 armored vehicles. However, as of the evening of the 15th, a good part of the city is in the hands of the Soviets
who interpret the German maneuvers as so many new indicators of a decline on the Dnieper and prepare a pursuit. In Kharkov, the
infantry and armored fights continue during the night in the light of the fires ignited by the Germans or resulting from the
bombings. In the north, riflemen from the 183rd Rifle Division infiltrate through the lines of the GD and surprise Pioneers
posing explosives. Hoernlein and his officers resort to treasures of improvisation and initiative to build small reserves on
the axes of withdrawal and, at the dawn of February 16, almost all the garrison has stalled and opposes a line of defense
roughly consistent with the Voronezh Front.

Russian -->[--> German

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns - LOS (8 hexes)
Scenario designer: Battle Academy'Men [ Battle Academy 2 ]

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rico21 -- 12/24/2017 12:38:12 PM >

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 565
RE: Kharkov - 12/24/2017 8:30:32 PM   
Rosseau

Wow, three new scenarios. Happy Christmas, Rico, and good health in the new year.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 566
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 1/1/2018 5:15:02 PM   
idjester

Name: First Battle of El Alamein
Date: 5:00am 1st July, 1942

History: On 30 June, Rommel's Panzerarmee Afrika approached the Alamein position. The Axis forces
were exhausted and understrength. Rommel had driven them forward ruthlessly, being confident that,
provided he struck quickly before Eighth Army had time to settle, his momentum would take him through
the Alamein position and he could then advance to the Nile with little further opposition. Supplies
remained a problem because the Axis staff had originally expected a pause of six weeks after the capture
of Tobruk. German air units were also exhausted and providing little help against the RAF's all-out
attack on the Axis supply lines which, with the arrival of United States Army Air Forces USAAF) heavy
bombers, could reach as far as Benghazi. While captured supplies proved useful, water and ammunition
were constantly in short supply while a shortage of transport impeded the distribution of the supplies
that the Axis forces did have.

Axis plan of attack:

Rommel's plan was for the 90th Light Division and the 15th and 21st Panzer divisions of the Afrika Korps
to penetrate the Eighth Army lines between the Alamein box and Deir el Abyad (which he believed was defended).
The 90th Light Division was then to veer north to cut the coastal road and trap the defenders of the Alamein
box (which Rommel thought was occupied by the remains of the 50th Infantry Division) and the Afrika Korps
would veer right to attack the rear of XIII Corps. An Italian division was to attack the Alamein box from
the west and another was to follow the 90th Light Division. The Italian XX Corps was to follow the Afrika
Korps and deal with the Qattara box while the 133rd Armoured Division Littorio and German reconnaissance
units would protect the right flank. Rommel had planned to attack on 30 June but supply and transport
difficulties had resulted in a day's delay, vital to the defending forces reorganising on the Alamein line.
On 30 June, the 90th Light Division was still 15 miles (24 km) short of its start line, 21st Panzer Division
was immobilised through lack of fuel and the promised air support had yet to move into its advanced airfields.

Units Human Players (AI player units may vary)
German: Squads, LMG, MMG, OBA, AFV
British: Squads, LMG, Piat, AT Guns, AFV

Special Scenario Rules:

1) This is an early dawn assault by the Germans so the maximum sight range is 12 hexes.

2) Each British squad represents about 20 commandos.

Maps: Four Full Maps

Terrain: Open desert with some hills and a few buildings

Scenario Length: 12 Full Game Turns

Victory Objective: The side with the most Victory Points at the end is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for
controlling Victory Objectives.

Scenario Designer: IDJESTER

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 567
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 1/1/2018 5:37:06 PM   
rico21

Thanks for sharing, ID.

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 568
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 1/1/2018 5:38:17 PM   
rico21

Wizna
09/10/1939.
The Battle of Wizna was fought between September 7 and September 10, 1939, between the forces of Poland and Germany during the
initial stages of Invasion of Poland. According to Polish historian Leszek Moczulski, between 350 and 720 Poles defended a
fortified line for three days against more than 40,000 Germans. Although defeat was inevitable, the Polish defence stalled the
attacking forces for three days and postponed the encirclement of Independent Operational Group Narew fighting nearby.
Eventually the tanks broke through the Polish line and German engineers eliminated all the bunkers one by one. The last bunker
surrendered around midday on September 10.
Because the battle consisted of a small force holding a piece of fortified territory against a vastly larger invasion for three
days at great cost before being annihilated, Wizna is sometimes referred to as Polish Thermopylae in Polish culture. One of the
symbols of the battle is Captain Wladyslaw Raginis, the commanding officer of the Polish force, who swore to hold his position
as long as he was alive. When the last two bunkers under his command ran out of ammunition, he ordered his men to surrender
their arms and committed suicide by throwing himself on a live grenade.

German ->] Polish

Scenario Length: 5 Game Turns - LOS 7 Hexes
Scenario designer:Axis&Allies'Men [ Wizna ]

Fixed!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rico21 -- 1/1/2018 7:01:08 PM >

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 569
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 1/1/2018 6:53:57 PM   
seagles

Rico, the attachment is only a jpg.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 570
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Submitted Scenarios Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI