Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Community Scenario Pack broken scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Community Scenario Pack broken scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Community Scenario Pack broken scenario - 12/4/2017 11:07:50 AM   
dontpKaniC

I've just tried to launch a scenario from the Community Scenario Pack called "Alfa Wolf Pack, 1987", and it gave me a bunch of errors, saying that "The scenario file is probably corrupted, could not determine which database to use!" and "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Re-downloaded the Community Pack and tried again with identical results.
I've downloaded the scenario individually and it seems to work. I'm just letting you guys know, cause you probably will want to fix this in the next Community Scenario Pack update.
Post #: 1
RE: Community Scenario Pack broken scenario - 12/4/2017 12:20:38 PM   
michaelm75au

What version of game are you on??

Michael

(in reply to dontpKaniC)
Post #: 2
RE: Community Scenario Pack broken scenario - 12/4/2017 8:41:20 PM   
dontpKaniC

Steam version, 1.13 build 972.11.

< Message edited by dontpKaniC -- 12/4/2017 8:48:38 PM >

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3
RE: Community Scenario Pack broken scenario - 12/20/2017 4:09:31 AM   
mavfin

Michael, I can duplicate his error on Alfa Wolf Pack, 1987 with a fresh integrity-checked 972.12, and fresh CommunityScenarioPack files. I hadn't messed with Command for a while, so I was updating my Command, and checking over the forum a bit.

While we're talking about this, Facing the Dragon in the same pack has issues as well. "Aircraft with Database ID 2072 is missing from the database and has not been loaded."
I think I mentioned this one in a thread some months ago, that it had been updated, and some aircraft were changed between DB revisions...

However, there is a workaround for those who wish to play these, but, I don't know how good it is.
You can load the non-pack version of Alfa Wolf Pack, 1987, DB3000 v442. You *might* be able to update it. May or may not work.
Facing the Dragon, you can do this as well. As far as I know, it will run fine, as long as you don't update it. But I haven't played through it to be sure. I DO know from prior research that you *cannot* simply update this one yourself. It's got the issues mentioned above.

So, dontpKaniC, if the community pack version won't load, try grabbing the single version of the scenario and going from there.

If Michael is the 'Community Pack maintainer', as I think he is, then he probably should note these, and see if dimitris or whoever the actual author may be able to bring this up to standard. Or they may say put it in a do-not-update past this point status.

Anyway, it's an issue with some of those hundreds of community pack scenarios.

Andy

< Message edited by mavfin -- 12/20/2017 4:10:56 AM >

(in reply to dontpKaniC)
Post #: 4
RE: Community Scenario Pack broken scenario - 1/2/2018 2:54:23 PM   
dontpKaniC

Yeah, as I've said, I have downloaded the scenario separately and it works fine, except for one issue which I managed to resolve in the editor.

(in reply to mavfin)
Post #: 5
RE: Community Scenario Pack broken scenario - 1/3/2018 7:51:44 AM   
michaelm75au

Community Pack 38 has been released

Michael

(in reply to dontpKaniC)
Post #: 6
RE: Community Scenario Pack broken scenario - 2/25/2018 5:59:28 AM   
mavfin

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm75au

Community Pack 38 has been released

Alfa Wolf Pack 1987 is still broken in pack 38, btw. You've got Facing the Dragon marked in red in the Excel, so I won't mention it any more!

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Community Scenario Pack broken scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI