Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Application

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Application Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Appl... - 1/23/2021 4:53:00 PM   
RhinoDad

Figured it out, thanks. A screen comes up and says that you must check for updates. No other way forward except exit. Clicked on "Check" but no internet means no go. So I just closed out and restarted application. It worked or at least displayed screen shown in forum where one would set options/switches.

Improvise, Adapt and Overcome

Success is how you bounce on the bottom

Experience is a comb life gives us after we have lost our hair

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 91
RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Appl... - 1/26/2021 5:21:06 PM   
RhinoDad

Well maybe did not figure it out. It ran or at least appeared to run as mentioned in last post. However, it does not anymore. It just takes me to first time you need to update. With no internet connection you can not update so once again stuck on opening first time screen.

The one time it did show it displayed the radio button for "Archive" activated. However, files were just dumping into Save folder and making a mess.

Have manually added an archive subfolder under save and have manually added switch -archive. Will see if that solves problem and puts txt report files into an archive folder.

Improvise, Adapt and Overcome

Success is how you bounce on the bottom

Experience is a comb life gives us after we have lost our hair

(in reply to RhinoDad)
Post #: 92
RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Appl... - 1/29/2021 6:15:44 PM   
BlinkingDuck

Ok downloaded Seabees and extracted it and 'ran' it

Doesn't seem to do anything.

I need even more baby instructions that what is given in your link. I run the program, then exit. Nothing. I try running Seabees and keep it running while loading the game. Nothing.

My computer skills, while not nothing...I had no problem using Chemkids map and getting it going...but beyond that bare minimum, I know nothing.

What am I doing wrong with the Seabee program?

Edit - Found the shortcut it then tries to browse, doesn't find what it needs and asks if it can fix it. I say yes then run the shortcut and it gives errors saying it can't find data.

Edit 2 - I think I figured it out. I had to remove 'Beta2' from the shortcut so it could find it. It seems to be doing something :)

< Message edited by BlinkingDuck -- 1/29/2021 6:27:48 PM >

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 93
RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Appl... - 1/30/2021 3:04:35 PM   
RangerJoe

You need to run the game from the shortcut.

Seebee itself sets up the switches so the game runs just a little bit better.

Please read the description on what it does.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to BlinkingDuck)
Post #: 94
RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Appl... - 6/24/2021 1:02:13 PM   
Real_Raspberry

Hi guys can anybody suggest the best options to use on SeaBee for my current PC setup? Here are my system specs and I am using a resolution of 3840x2160. Any help will be much appreciated.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 95
RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Appl... - 7/13/2021 4:18:17 PM   
ggeilman

I downloaded and ran SeaBea with WinExplorer and got into WITP but it cuts off the bottom of the screen. No way as I see to fix that as it seems to be a size problem. My laptop has a wide monitor and I am not sure it knows hot to handle it. I can run the game without it, but the frame is small and hard to read.

(in reply to Real_Raspberry)
Post #: 96
RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Appl... - 7/14/2021 2:56:17 PM   
Mifune

Anyone able to run SeaBee with Linux?

Perennial Remedial Student of the Mike Solli School of Economics. One day I might graduate.

(in reply to ggeilman)
Post #: 97
RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Appl... - 7/14/2021 4:58:59 PM   
btd64

Hey Mifune, glad to see you posting. I used to test RHS with sid....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Mifune)
Post #: 98
RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Appl... - 7/15/2021 9:20:27 AM   
Mifune

Thanks, good to hear from you. RHS is continuously worked on. Did you try RHS scenario 129 by any chance?

Perennial Remedial Student of the Mike Solli School of Economics. One day I might graduate.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 99
RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Appl... - 7/15/2021 11:57:34 AM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mifune

Thanks, good to hear from you. RHS is continuously worked on. Did you try RHS scenario 129 by any chance?

Yes, a couple of years ago I had a pbem going with 129. I think that it was a little too much for my opponent. So we stopped. These days I'm too busy with other projects to start a new pbem. How is your health these days?....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to Mifune)
Post #: 100
RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Appl... - 7/15/2021 8:35:54 PM   
Mifune

After a rough patch I am doing alright. How about you? Since then I was able to update some of the RHS art among other things.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 101
RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Appl... - 7/15/2021 10:19:04 PM   
btd64

I'm doing well, thanks....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to Mifune)
Post #: 102
RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Appl... - 7/17/2021 3:53:52 PM   
mg62

Hi All, looking at getting back into the game.
Just had a time getting the window frame to work out with resolution.
Issue was that I had my display set to 125% (hard to see small writing) :P
Potential tip for other people, will just have to remember to change display between 100% and 125% when playing game.
Cheers.

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 103
RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Appl... - 7/18/2021 12:00:35 PM   
Mifune

Was that 4K? What a difference of trying to jump right in from 2K. 2K was a natural to make things easily work out. With 4K I had to make adjustments to get everything working together to look right. Of course I did not know where to start so I ran through several different adjustments before the light bulb lit over my head. I have to admit at the first screen I was terrified that I made a huge mistake for AE's sake. I am so much happier now though I am still getting comfortable with the differences.

(in reply to mg62)
Post #: 104
RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Appl... - 1/2/2022 5:06:55 AM   
Phantom453

What an incredibly useful little tool this is. Brilliant!! Thank you for sharing this!

< Message edited by Phantom453 -- 1/2/2022 5:08:13 AM >

(in reply to Mifune)
Post #: 105
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Application Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI