Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WC '03 Ger v Ger in August '44- Dodger v Buzzard

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> WC '03 Ger v Ger in August '44- Dodger v Buzzard Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WC '03 Ger v Ger in August '44- Dodger v Buzzard - 5/27/2003 4:15:53 AM   
dodger

Interesting game. Germany vs Germany 5700points. Buzzard has 10% troops from UK, Dodger 10% troops from Finland. This way flag possession can be seen.

First round had little contact. Sturmtigers find enemy troop concentrations behind smoke and blast away. Heavy casualties. Motorcycles move in and swarm over a tank. Both airforces blast a Kubelvagen, and lose a plane to heavy AA fire.

-Jani

ALL YOUR FLAGS ARE BELONG TO US!
Post #: 1
Holy Bikers Batman!! - 5/27/2003 8:51:54 AM   
Buzzard45

[B]BIKERS BIKERS and MORE BIKERS[/B] and on top of that Bicycles from everywhere. And these bicylcles have a hat-trick of SMGs with satchel charges besides:( :(

Its a good thing that I planned for a lot of soft targets. 6 bike packs are toasted (forgive me Snake but they were BAAAAADD!! bikers!! I wouldn't touch an Angel, you know that. Don'tcha?) 2 panzershrecks and a scout or two along with a Kubelwagon.

No long distant shots in OP but the airstrikes were shot at by 88s and 20mm Flakvier. No hits by them this time and I scored a HT. But I saw a few interesting beasts of violence. Heavy Beasts of violence!!:eek: :eek:

Those Bikers better bring some of those bad boys this time cause my guys are mad:mad: :mad: :mad: and they are packin' heat.:mad: :mad: :mad: We'll have us a few crispy critters.

" Look alive!! Here comes a Buzzard"
POGO

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 2
Re: Holy Bikers Batman!! - 5/27/2003 7:51:05 PM   
sandman20

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Buzzard45
[B][B]BIKERS BIKERS and MORE BIKERS[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

So Buzz, you got another Finn against you:D
Sometimes it may be frustrating to play against those bikers:rolleyes: , specially if you don't have flamethrowers or some other heavy weapons on your own side.

BTW guys, what kind of map and visibility are you playing with? Just curious:)

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 3
Hi Sandman - 5/27/2003 8:43:36 PM   
Buzzard45

Its a Medium map. The usual random generated with a set of north-south hills and a few trees here and there. Visibility, IIRC is 43. 2 Airstrikes each. August 44, summertime.

I hold the main hills, at least for now. Dodger is making a strong bid to knock me off. He has Nebelwefers and at least one 75mmbattery. He holds the main treed areas. My side is pretty open. And smoke isn't working, at least it disapates quickly. I have 60mm White Car for mobile smoke but it takes two to hide so I will run out soon.

I haven't seen any of Dodgers armor yet other than the targetting of my aircraft and his fire with the SturmTigers. I used Sig 33s for my preblast advance into the smoke. He used his Sturmtigers. They will be my "kill-me-quick" targets. Either that or find his ammo. Sturmtigers don't carry much.

POGO

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 4
Top of turn 3 - 5/28/2003 1:06:02 AM   
Buzzard45

Not a good turn for the Dodger. At the end of his turn my Typhoon hit his ammo dump with several 60mm Rockets. [COLOR=orangered][SIZE=4][B]BOOM[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR] and then at the end of my turn (Dodger don't be firing your Nebelwerfers while surrounding your ammo dump, especially when you have no decoy smoke). My 150s and Nebelwerfers hit another ammo dump.[COLOR=orangered][SIZE=4][B]BOOM[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR]:cool: Pretty Pretty secondary explosions.:D

I lost another StuG to OP fire. It cost Dodger the 88 that hit it as my spotters found him. 2 Strumtiger rounds. Three Sig33 rounds and a few 75s from my remaining StuGs exacted revenge and then he happens to park right on a sweet spot. 24 rounds of 60 mm come, 22 of them hit the hex. If he ain't gone or at least running there is something wrong.

Bikers take a hit as three more squads are chewing gravel. An airborne squad and its 251 are doing a face plant too.

I missed the Flamepanzer with all except a couple of 50cal rounds. He is not hurt.:(

"And that is not all. OH NO that is not all." said the cat in the hat. 50cal AA take out an MG from 17 hexes AND a Typhoon comes in, takes a hit but kills the Sturmtiger with 20mm fire.

Its only turn 3. Give up yet??:rolleyes:

POGO

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 5
- 5/28/2003 5:16:59 AM   
dodger

Buzzard's planes are picking apart my heavy armor and ammodumps, while his AA vehicles tear into my scout troops. Heavy losses on my recon wing and support section, but the main body has yet to commit in any real sense.

Things don't look good, but they don't look desperate either. My problem lies in the fact that enemy holds the flags, but luckily there is 17 more turns left, more than enough time to go for the gold.

My response to his attacks have been mostly defensive with some bike/HT probes that have turned into bloody disasters. But the battle's not been completely one-sided. StuG, couple of SPAA and infantry, and an FO lie dead.

-Jani

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 6
True it is - 5/28/2003 6:52:10 AM   
Buzzard45

Yes I have had my casualties too. Two Panzer IVj's went down early. And several squads of infantry. That FO will be missed but something made me buy more than one.

I'll take a day or two sending turn as I am away during the middle of the week usually.

I didn't really expect you to give-up yet. It has been mostly luck that has been on my side. It usually turns back and forth.:)

POGO

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 7
- 5/30/2003 9:18:07 PM   
dodger

Turn 4 sees little action. Flak and AT guns vainly shooting at an Achilles, which is later taken out by an aircraft. Antiair damages opponents last two planes, so recon data should be reduced dramatically.

-Jani

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 8
AAhh my poor pilots. - 6/1/2003 12:01:00 AM   
Buzzard45

The air strikes have been an interesting addition to this game. Dodger hold the advantage in that now.

I hold a temp advantage in artillery but my main battery is off doing counter-battery fire. While Dodgers 120mm mortars pound my arty park and StuG positions. OUCH. It looks like 6 sections of 120mm.

I finally hit a couple of tanks. I couldn't hit the StuGs last turn and my airstrikes hit a KV but failed to take it out on their last sortie. I was targetting the King Tiger but the Pilot elected to target the KV. Well, the KV was by couple of 75mm round before one penetrated but the KTiger, with its back to me running away only took one hit from a 17pdrs APRC. His brother is out there somewhere and so are a couple Nashorns. I don't know where the siblings are but they will show up.

I went after another bike gang and tried to finish it off with a White60 from up close and low and behold there is a whole company of Mech Airborne in the wooded hill. That could hurt. Several are running but there are more than I could handle. I don't think the whole company is in the North as there were units in the south that I have encountered previously and eliminated for the most part. I left an MMG on the slopes of the south. I hope he doesn't come back to haunt me.

We are holding off reinforcements until the 10th turn arrival. I have interpretted the 10% limit to allow a max of 10% arty of total purchase points to be allowed to have available at any one time. So that you can replace lost or disabled units as well as purchase extra. We will have 600 points available.

I have all the VHs now except Dodgers home hexes. He will have to come to me.:)

Come ON Dodger

There is an interesting thing happening in this game. I have an IM'd M16 sitting on a ridge. When it was IM'd I bailed the crew and picked them up with a Kubelwagon and unloaded them protected behind the ridge. Last turn a snuck them back up to the abandoned vehicle. They loaded, I fired at and destroyed a Bike gang and then bailed them again to be rescued by the kubelwagon again. OOPs I just gave away a tactical secret. Don't read this part Dodger.

POGO

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 9
- 6/1/2003 6:35:43 AM   
dodger

The battle for the wooded hill in the north has begun. Buzzes troops entered with HTs+troops and White60mms. They were countered by semi-suicidal attacks from a few squads of mechanized FJ and a flammvagen. Many casualties on Buzzes side, as well as some on mine.

The loss of heavy tanks in the south interrupted my advance there. I have to soften him up with some airpower first. Then I can attack again.

Aircraft strike a heavy concentration on a central hill and take out an assault gun and damage another. A StuG escapes with a scare.

-Jani

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 10
AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!! - 6/1/2003 9:10:09 PM   
Buzzard45

I SCRATCHED OFF THE EIGHT-BALL.

Have you ever played pool in a Bar and and been doing well and then have your cue-ball carreen off the eightball and into the hole? That is what I did. I went to bail a White crew and hit F9, then not thinking hit yes.

The game is over. Dodger wins. To his credit he has made a wonderful recovery and has evened the score if not a slight adavantage to him.

Congrats Dodger. Good Luck in the finals.

POGO

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 11
- 6/1/2003 9:57:28 PM   
Capt. Pixel

I don't suppose I could convince you to do that in OUR game? ;)

"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible. "
- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 12
Honor - 6/2/2003 4:20:13 AM   
Krec

for all the years ive been reading forums and aars i do not believe ive ever seen this. you deserve the medal of HONOR my friend. with such integrity you belong in the hall of fame. i salute you and will let all i know of yor honor!! well done , your tops in my book.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." Patton

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 13
Re: AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!! - 6/2/2003 12:02:54 PM   
sandman20

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Buzzard45
[B]I SCRATCHED OFF THE EIGHT-BALL.

That is what I did. I went to bail a White crew and hit F9, then not thinking hit yes.

The game is over. Dodger wins. To his credit he has made a wonderful recovery and has evened the score if not a slight adavantage to him.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I almost dropped my eyes when I red that.:eek:
That was an amazing and honourable deed Buzzard.

I think that Gmenfan or someone should put this thread to the Hall of Fame, if someone still says that there's no honour among the players, we can show him this thread;) :D

Medal of Honour to the Buzzard:)

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 14
- 6/2/2003 1:35:19 PM   
Belisarius

I think Buzzard just qualified for an entry in "biggest mistake" thread over at the Training forum. :D :D :p

Got StuG?

(in reply to dodger)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> WC '03 Ger v Ger in August '44- Dodger v Buzzard Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI