Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in this game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in this game Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 3/22/2017 3:51:03 AM   
madDdog67

quote:

ORIGINAL: demjansk

Mad dog, are you trying this game solitaire? Let us know how it's coming along, I still haven't opened the box

I am playing it solo. I've got scenario 6A on the table, which involves only a singe NVA arty attack and then an assault. I've done the arty attack, which is just one die roll. I still have to go back and do the assault (it was quite late when I set the scenario up, and the assault rules are fairly involved). There are some good AARs on Boardgamegeek of several of the training scenarios--worth checking out to give you an idea of the gameplay.

I don't know how many of these Silver Bayonet missions I'll get to in the near future...I'm really trying to get into the Grand Tactical Series, and I will be play testing a squad level game that GMT is publishing later this year as soon as I get the play test stuff from the designer. As much as I want to get into SB, I don't know how much more room there is in my head for game rules right now :).

The only problem with a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 211
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 3/25/2017 1:02:55 PM   
demyansk

Can you guys place a picture of what it looks like with the folders? I hate deleting things and unsure about placement of the stuff

(in reply to dox44)
Post #: 212
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 4/2/2017 2:04:11 AM   
NZgunner

Another big thanks for reinvigorating this game!!!

Purely on a whim I was reinstalling the original Lock 'n Load on a new pc and happened to come back to these forums and saw this thread - I had to keep reading it to make sure it was true!!

I've got Heroes of the Pacific and Normandy working which is so cool - especially since the Swift and the Bold was never in print when I bought physical copies of the games.

And thanks to everyone who's been adding scenarios.

(in reply to maitrebongo)
Post #: 213
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 4/15/2017 2:03:14 AM   
demyansk

What's the best method for playing some of these mods. I don't understand the directions on installing and uninstalling the original files. Do you delete files before installing the mod files?

Or
Is game a better method?

(in reply to giffin)
Post #: 214
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 4/15/2017 9:09:51 AM   
rico21

Difficult to help you without knowing certain things:
-as you used to manipulate files?
-as you already use JSGME?
I advise you to use the method of MaitreBongo which is at the beginning of the thread if you are not at ease with the files.
If you have already used JSGME, please use the thread New scenario LNL Vietnam65 in the thread Mods and Scenarios.
Good Luck!

(in reply to madDdog67)
Post #: 215
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 4/28/2017 2:12:38 AM   
t341

Hi,

Is there anything happening with your incredible effort? We have not seen anything new for a while,

Post #: 216
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 4/28/2017 2:56:41 PM   
bootlegger267

quote:

ORIGINAL: casebier

VPaulus in a previous post # 66. this worked for me. a little more difficult was the placing of some of the user scenarios within the
mods themselves.

Sequence for installing the game and GME:

1. Install the game and update to 1.10.
2. Open the game installation folder and cut the folder named "Maps" to a folder outside the game main installation folder.
3. Install GME.
4. Run GME.
5. Click on "Tasks" and select on the drop down menu "Generate snapshot of game files".
6. Open the game installation folder, find a folder named "MODS", open it and create three folders, named "HoS", "CWM" and "HotP".
7. Copy the "Maps" folder (the one you have copied in step 2) to the "HoS" folder. (...\Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad\MODS\HoS\Maps)
8. Unzip the Module #1 : Cold war file ("Cold-War-Mod.zip"). You should get four extracted folders ("art", "maps", "Mod Heroes of the Gap Honneur et Patrie" and "Stalingrad") and a file ("modules.dat"). Just copy these folders and file to the "CWM" folder (...\Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad\MODS\CWM)
9. Unzip the Module #2 : Heroes of the Pacific file ("Heroes-of-the-Pacific-Mod.zip"). You should get two extracted folders ("art", and "Mod Heroes of the Pacific") and a file ("modules.dat"). Just copy these folders and file to the "HotP" folder (...\Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad\MODS\HotP)

Enable the module you wish to play on the GME window. Don't forget to disable the mod you have selected before enabling other mod.

Thank You! I had to create separate copies of the game to get the mods to work!!!!

...and yes JSGME goes in the HoS main folder....

...and yes,yes...you MUST delete the MAPS folder and/or move it out of the main HoS folder....

< Message edited by bootlegger267 -- 4/28/2017 2:57:48 PM >

(in reply to dox44)
Post #: 217
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 8/9/2017 6:23:28 AM   
naash

Wonderful !

I just bought "heroes of Stalingrad" yesterday...

Thank you so much mate !

(in reply to madDdog67)
Post #: 218
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 8/10/2017 8:01:50 AM   
naash

I played with the "cold war" module yesterday.
It was great !

I played the first scenario and tried to stop the soviet advance with my AMX10P platoon.
It was a great experience !

Thank you for all this stuff.
next step: Falklands !

(in reply to naash)
Post #: 219
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 10/16/2017 7:48:40 AM   
Cataphract88

quote:

ORIGINAL: maitrebongo

absolutely !

And many more ...
In fact I intend to test the possibility of the game engine in other "exotic" fields (Do you know a tactical wargame on computer on the First World War? It's crazy that it does not exist yet ...).
This is why the releases of new contents are a little messy ; It's a hobby for me and I tend to scatter, but I advance in well in many directions and some numbers of new things are almost finished and soon available.

Hi Maitrebongo, are you still working on 'LnL'? Any news?

Many thanks for what you have already done.

Richard

Post #: 220
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 11/11/2017 7:56:51 AM   
Cataphract88

Hi Maitrebongo, are you still working on 'LnL'? Any news?

I guess not!

Richard

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 221
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 11/14/2017 1:09:29 AM   
tarokun

maitrebongo. Muchas Gracias por tu trabajo¡¡¡¡¡¡

(in reply to madDdog67)
Post #: 222
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 12/6/2017 7:30:53 PM   
iFilippo

Hi

First of all thanks for your amazing job

I have a question: if I want to play with all the mods I need to copy/past the game folder every time?

P.S. Sorry for my english

(in reply to tarokun)
Post #: 223
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 1/12/2018 5:37:56 AM   
bgreen

Hi just loaded up Heroes of the pacific and followed instructions. Make copy of original HOS. Delete copy of maps file and unzip hero's of pacific to main file .. Lock and load. Seems to load fine. When I select new game then new scenario.. I get the following options...

HoP Z1 Hell's Island

Blank Map

Zero map

on top option works.. is this correct? thanks Bruce

(in reply to iFilippo)
Post #: 224
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 2/4/2018 5:28:51 PM   
AndrejS

Purchased the HoS last week and now i've discovered your mods . Haven't played original HoS boardgame but will play the digital version that you enabled it to grow even if it's on "no support" status. Now instead of one game, i have six great games.
Thanks and good luck in future projects.

(in reply to bgreen)
Post #: 225
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 2/6/2018 9:09:09 AM   
SlotraceDK

I've just bought the download version of Heroes of Stalingrad.
These mods looks awesome!
But do I really need to delete files in Heroes of Stalingrad to install the mod for ex. Band of Heroes?

Best regards

René Christensen
Denmark

(in reply to giffin)
Post #: 226
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 3/3/2018 4:51:38 PM   
demyansk

Guys, I am lost with this. I opened up the game and it doesn't have anything or the GME. I followed the directions with the snapchat but what game files do I make the snapshot of? I messed it up
In lNl folder structure I have the folders listed with a MODS folder underneath manuals folder
Inside the mods folder I have listed three folders
HoS
HoS original Maps
Vietnam
Help

My fault guys - I figured it out - I think the one thing missing in the directions for GME is that the desktop icon under properties needs to show
Under Target
"C:\Program Files (x86)\GenericModEnabler\JSGME.exe"
Start in
"C:\Matrix Games\Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad"

< Message edited by demyansk -- 3/3/2018 5:07:23 PM >

(in reply to naash)
Post #: 227
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 3/3/2018 5:36:55 PM   
demyansk

Module #5 : West Front Late War module

I open the game, looks fine, click on new game, scenarios and only one scenario is showing . Is this correct?

I have everything working with GME but some of the modules have maybe 1-5 scenarios in them? Is that accurate? Nice work

< Message edited by demyansk -- 3/3/2018 5:52:35 PM >

(in reply to giffin)
Post #: 228
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 6/23/2018 11:54:15 AM   
Wiggum

Are these mods still being worked on ?

Are the special module rules taken into account (banzai charge for japanese for example) or are all the same rules as stalingrad ?

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 229
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 10/13/2018 10:44:34 PM   
Gerry4321

I am getting the same thing. I assume they should be more than one scenario?

Thanks.

quote:

ORIGINAL: demyansk

Module #5 : West Front Late War module

I open the game, looks fine, click on new game, scenarios and only one scenario is showing . Is this correct?

I have everything working with GME but some of the modules have maybe 1-5 scenarios in them? Is that accurate? Nice work

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 230
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 11/24/2018 11:10:04 AM   
demyansk

Sorry Gerry, I deleted the game since I wasn't playing.

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 231
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 11/25/2018 4:10:43 AM   
Gerry4321

Thanks.
Maybe someone else can chip in?

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 232
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 11/25/2018 4:02:11 PM   
dox44

been a while. i just loaded my WFLW and i see 4 scenarios. BIA, LaFiere, Omaha and Pegasus.

i don't believe its still an active project.

IIRC. special rules aren't working for added modules as they were hard coded.

< Message edited by dox44 -- 11/25/2018 4:03:39 PM >

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 233
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 11/27/2018 4:24:42 AM   
z1812z

It seems that the modules have only a few scenarios included. There are some that are available from the Mods and Scenarios forum section of the Game.

Maitrebongo did a great job with these modules and I think he has moved over to Conflict of Heroes and is doing some work on that game.

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 234
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 11/27/2018 5:37:15 AM   
Gerry4321

Thanks to both of you. Do either of you have the files for Laska's scenarios by any chance? Many of teh files are not downloadable anymore. Or ASL Maps 1 - 4 files where the LOS polygons is set?

(in reply to z1812z)
Post #: 235
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 11/27/2018 9:46:46 PM   
pauldfras

I just got back to this outstanding game, made even better by Maitrebongo's convertions and the H & L mod. But I've tried several times in the last week to create a scenario from scratch. I put in 2 victory hexes on the map, use the tab key to set the victory conditions to 2 hexes. The scenario starts up, does the initial initiative roll, but then goes straight to the victory screen. Please suggest what setting or step I'm missing.

I've watched the IDjester videos on the editor on youtube and can't figure what I'm missing.

Thanks very much.

(in reply to giffin)
Post #: 236
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 11/27/2018 11:34:37 PM   
z1812

Hi Gerry,

I will look to see if I have Laska's scenarios. I have a folder full of HoS files and I wouldn't be surprised if I find them there. You are welcome to the whole folder if you want it.

Do you know if Multiplayer still works?

< Message edited by z1812 -- 11/27/2018 11:41:38 PM >

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 237
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 11/27/2018 11:37:18 PM   
z1812

Hi pauldfras,

I wish I could help you but I have no experience making scenarios for this game.

(in reply to pauldfras)
Post #: 238
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 11/27/2018 11:55:43 PM   
dox44

i have some ASL mpp and map files in HOS maps folder.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 239
RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in ... - 11/28/2018 2:23:35 AM   
Gerry4321

quote:

ORIGINAL: pauldfras

I just got back to this outstanding game, made even better by Maitrebongo's convertions and the H & L mod. But I've tried several times in the last week to create a scenario from scratch. I put in 2 victory hexes on the map, use the tab key to set the victory conditions to 2 hexes. The scenario starts up, does the initial initiative roll, but then goes straight to the victory screen. Please suggest what setting or step I'm missing.

I've watched the IDjester videos on the editor on youtube and can't figure what I'm missing.

Thanks very much.

Hi Paul:

Made a test scenario for the eastern front at my first attempt - very simple one with 2 victory hexes. And it seemed to work. I followed Maitrebongo's directions found here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4228406

I am not a sceanrio designer so I don't know how to convert ASL units to HoS. If you have any guidelines please let me know.

(in reply to pauldfras)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in this game Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI