Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

depot creation in a port

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> depot creation in a port Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
depot creation in a port - 1/13/2018 1:38:22 PM   
Pans

we are runing a seven Player PBEM game v.1.22.00 (David, Brian, Steve, Mitch, Mark, Lew, myself)
There is an issue with the Depot creation in friendly ports. Attached the screenshot - that shouldn´t be possible as far as what I got from the manual.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: depot creation in a port - 1/13/2018 1:39:53 PM   
Pans

and this screenshot - in a blockaded port with enemy Corps it should not be allowed to place a Depot?!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Pans)
Post #: 2
RE: depot creation in a port - 1/13/2018 3:25:13 PM   
pzgndr

Please clarify what exactly is not working. I checked the rules and they are consistent with the original rules:
quote:

EIA Rule

7.2.2 * DEPOT INSIDE A FRIENDLY PORT OR IN A PORT AREA: Even if not itself a supply source or part of an overland supply chain, a new depot may be placed in an area containing an unblockaded friendly controlled port, provided there exists a friendly unblockaded sea supply source (see 7.4.3) to the port.
7.2.2.1: If such a port is besieged, then the depot is placed in the port city itself. This is the only case where the depot is considered to be in a city rather than in the surrounding area.
7.2.2.2: Another, enemy depot could also be placed in the port city's area while a depot is also in the port city itself. This is the only case where two depots may be located in the same area (actually, one in the city and one in the area).

EIANW Rule

10.3.2 Depot Inside a Friendly Port or in a Port Area

Even if not itself a supply source or part of an overland supply chain, a new depot may be placed in an area containing an unblockaded friendly controlled port, provided there exists a friendly unblockaded sea supply source to the port.

If such a port is besieged, then the depot is placed in the port city itself. This is the only case where the depot is considered to be in a city rather than in the surrounding area.
Another, enemy depot could also be placed in the port city's area while a depot is also in the port city itself. This is the only case where two depots may be located in the same area (one in the city and one in the city area).

For the first case, I think the "friendly unblockaded sea supply source" from England suffices, and I assume Riga is a friendly Russian/British city? Not sure about the second case, that was France placing a depot in an enemy controlled city/area in Normandy?

(in reply to Pans)
Post #: 3
RE: depot creation in a port - 1/13/2018 3:52:17 PM   
Pans

for Cherbourg - the port is blockaded and the City besieged. The only French sea supply source is Toulon which is also blockeded.
for Riga - there are two Depots (one Russian and one British) in the same land hex

both cases are against the rules - as far as I understand it

< Message edited by Pans -- 1/13/2018 3:53:16 PM >

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 4
RE: depot creation in a port - 1/14/2018 1:19:03 PM   
pzgndr

I don't think the Riga case is a problem? I assume Britain and Russia are not at war. It's OK for different majors to have their own depot in an area, just not two for the same major unless one is inside a besieged and unblockaded port city. As I understand it.

For the Normandy case, it appears the depot was not created inside the besieged and blockaded Cherbourg port city but outside in the enemy occupied/controlled land area? That's an issue I can look at to verify the logic in the code.

On the subject of depots, since you guys are actually playing the game and I value your feedback, what is your opinion about loaned corps drawing supply from the controlling major's depot and them paying for it? At some point I am going to focus on Allied operations to fix a few issues and make some improvements. How is this currently working in the game and how might it be improved?

(in reply to Pans)
Post #: 5
RE: depot creation in a port - 1/14/2018 5:56:17 PM   
Pans

Hi Bill, thanks for your answer. For the Riga case - I got it wrong and thought there are never two or more Depots allowed in one hex. For Cherbourg it is different. France placed the Depot in the City during his land Phase while Wellington´s army siege the City. The port is blockaded. During the French forage procedure (in his land Phase) the garrison starve and the Depot "jumped" into Normandy. My believe is that the Depot couldn´t placed there acoroding the rules?!

concerning your question about loaned Units - I would say that this is working fine. The MP receiving the Corps is paying the upkeep and the supply costs. That´s how it should be and the game handle it like that.

Did David Report the river crossing issue?

cheers
Andreas

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 6
RE: depot creation in a port - 1/14/2018 7:16:02 PM   
pzgndr

OK, got it. I thought I looked at the besieged blockaded port city case before but I'll check the logics again. The depot doesn't indicate a white box in the upper left to show it is in the city, so I'll look at that too, if it were the case of being an unblockaded port city.

Very good on loan corps supply; I'll take that off my list. I did find and fix the river crossing issue already.

(in reply to Pans)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> depot creation in a port Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI