Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

4 Finns ghost regiments in 5+ battles in one turn

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> 4 Finns ghost regiments in 5+ battles in one turn Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4 Finns ghost regiments in 5+ battles in one turn - 1/14/2018 2:08:40 PM   
urtel

I'm playing game as soviet against German AI on hard and i find this 4 Finns ghost regiments wreck all mine forts in every turn, here is screen shoot image, on example in this turn there was 5 battles covering 2000 km range, but this is happening every turn.

So i have coupe of questions:

1. Is this some bonus AI get on hard level, because this regiments are in battles from start, not affected by Finns no attack line?
2. Are those regiments work as fictional +10 eng bonus whenever AI need it, or they do get losses, fatiq levels like other SU units?
3. If they are regular SU how they manage to be in 5-6 battle every turn?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by urtel -- 1/14/2018 2:09:08 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: 4 Finns ghost regiments in 5+ battles in one turn - 1/14/2018 2:25:35 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: urtel
1. Is this some bonus AI get on hard level, because this regiments are in battles from start, not affected by Finns no attack line?
2. Are those regiments work as fictional +10 eng bonus whenever AI need it, or they do get losses, fatiq levels like other SU units?
3. If they are regular SU how they manage to be in 5-6 battle every turn?

Finns can fight south of the no attack line if you have Leningrad and North Leningrad - this seems to be the case in one of your screenshots.

In addition the Finnish air groups and support units can participate in battles south of the no attack line, and even the no move line, they just cannot be in airbases/HQs which are south of the line. For example I quite often assign German infantry divisions south of the no move line to a Finnish HQ just to get the support of their support units.

However Dtown does seem extraordinarily far even for that! And I assume XIV Panzer corps would not have Finnish SUs attached to it.

The AI following minor allies rules is buggy. I regularly get the Rumanian air force near Leningrad!

Regular support units can always participate in many battles - potentially as many as their units assigned to the HQ participate in.

The AI should get losses and fatigue too - but it does have bonuses (or cheats as some prefer to say)

(in reply to urtel)
Post #: 2
RE: 4 Finns ghost regiments in 5+ battles in one turn - 1/14/2018 3:17:41 PM   
Nix77

Now that's what I call Finnish Sisu! Marching from Leningrad to the Black Sea in a week!

But honestly, seems like a real bug to me. Different corps committing same support units on the same turn? Shouldn't be possible.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 3
RE: 4 Finns ghost regiments in 5+ battles in one turn - 1/14/2018 3:25:13 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nix77
Different corps committing same support units on the same turn? Shouldn't be possible.

It sometimes can if it is during their action turn and is reassigned after one battle and before another. However by my counting that should mean no more than two different assignments. (I think it may even be able to do three if the first one is direct, but I would need to recheck).

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 1/14/2018 3:27:45 PM >

(in reply to Nix77)
Post #: 4
RE: 4 Finns ghost regiments in 5+ battles in one turn - 1/14/2018 3:51:08 PM   
Nix77

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nix77
Different corps committing same support units on the same turn? Shouldn't be possible.

It sometimes can if it is during their action turn and is reassigned after one battle and before another. However by my counting that should mean no more than two different assignments. (I think it may even be able to do three if the first one is direct, but I would need to recheck).

It's 4 different corps and they all seem to be done on the Axis turn. Two is possible, but they need to be close to each other since you can move them only if HQs are 10 hexes apart (for corps iirc).

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 5
RE: 4 Finns ghost regiments in 5+ battles in one turn - 1/14/2018 6:43:42 PM   
urtel

In turn before this one(38th) those 4 units was in 8 separate battles (separate hexes, i'm not counting battles in same hex from Leningrad to Kiev), i have save game file...

And i can guarantee ( but i have not time to look every battle in previous 40 turns) those 4 units was active before German cross Neva or take any hex near Leningrad.

(in reply to Nix77)
Post #: 6
RE: 4 Finns ghost regiments in 5+ battles in one turn - 1/16/2018 3:38:29 AM   
uw06670

Sounds like Hitler's special zombie experiments have succeeded.

- Mark

(in reply to urtel)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> 4 Finns ghost regiments in 5+ battles in one turn Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI