Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel - 1/14/2018 3:59:30 PM   
SirAndrew

Hello everyone!
I've stumbled upon a problem with setting the time-to-ready and the fuel quantity of airplanes.
Whenever I select the proper button, I got a serie of errors and I can't edit the value.
I've searched a solution for weeks, but no results so far, thus I think I need some help...
You can see the errors in the photos I have uploaded with this post.
I've had this problem in every scenario I try to modify, so I have uploaded a test scenario too, but sadly the problem is not confined to it.
I'm running CMANO v1.13 Build 972.12
Greetings

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by SirAndrew -- 1/14/2018 4:02:03 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel - 2/6/2018 6:10:39 PM   
SirAndrew

Hello everyone!
I have updated the game to the current release, but I am still experiencing this problem (unable to set a time-to-ready or edit the fuel of airborne airplanes).
Anyone with the same issue?
Greetings!

(in reply to SirAndrew)
Post #: 2
RE: Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel - 2/6/2018 8:51:37 PM   
Randomizer

Could not replicate the errors using v1.14 Build 998.1 using your file. Had no problems editing the fuel on the airborne planes or with ready times at the air bases either.

-C

(in reply to SirAndrew)
Post #: 3
RE: Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel - 2/6/2018 9:17:56 PM   
SirAndrew

Thank you very much Christopher for coming to my help!
From the images, can you guess what the problem is? A stream of error windows appear in sequence any time I try to modify the ready time or the fuel...
I'm starting to believe the problem may lay in the installation, as I have installed CMANO through Steam (so no input from me, it was installed automatically) and I have some issues with that (for example, when I download a file from the Steam Workshop, I then have to manually copy and paste it from the download folder to another folder to be able to play it).
I am also experiencing the same problem of Helmut (see the post: B998.1 Strange behavior when trying to switch DB version)....
Any help or advice is really welcome!
Greetings!

< Message edited by SirAndrew -- 2/6/2018 9:19:52 PM >

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 4
RE: Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel - 2/6/2018 9:48:12 PM   
Randomizer

I know nothing about Steam other than it seems to give endless problems to its CMANO users.Had initially thought database issues were the root cause of your problem but running it in two CMANO installations on different computers and getting similar results might indicate the problem is on your end. Sorry cannot be of greater assistance.

-C

(in reply to SirAndrew)
Post #: 5
RE: Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel - 2/6/2018 9:56:07 PM   
SirAndrew

Again, thank you very much Christopher for your kind help!
I am starting to believe you are right regarding Steam!
Now I know it's a problem with my pc or Steam...if someone has more info on the problem(s) or on how to solve it, I'm here...

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 6
RE: Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel - 2/7/2018 7:23:10 AM   
michaelm75au

You can unzip the 1.14 beta over the Steam installation to try it out. When Steam gets the final update, it will overwrite the beta files.
My Steam install is in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Command Modern Air Naval Operations'

Michael

(in reply to SirAndrew)
Post #: 7
RE: Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel - 2/8/2018 9:53:29 AM   
SirAndrew

Hello Michael and thank you for your advice!
I will try the 1.14 beta, but I'm starting to think it's something related to the installation, as I had these problems from day0 with 1.13 and through various updates.
Christopher pointed me to the DB files, and the fact that I can't directly download workshop scenarios may be a clue.
I checked the files and the DB are under
C-Programs(x86)-Steam-Steamapps-Common-Command Modern Air Naval Operations-DB.
In that folder, there are 4 other folders (Database Component ID Number List,Descriptions, Images and Templates) and a great number of files named as "Colonial", "CWDB" and "DB3K".
Is that correct?

Steam automatically downloads the workshop scenarios at
C-Programs(x86)-Steam-Steamapps-Workshop-Content-321410
but to play I have to copy them at
C-Programs(x86)-Steam-Steamapps-Common-Command Modern Air Naval Operations-Scenarios-CMANO - STEAM Workshop
("CMANO - STEAM Workshop" is the folder I have created for them).
Anyone can tell me if the files are in the right place or not?

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 8
RE: Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel - 2/8/2018 7:19:46 PM   
ComDev

Problem resolved?

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to SirAndrew)
Post #: 9
RE: Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel - 2/9/2018 8:30:16 PM   
SirAndrew

Hello emsoy!
First of all, I've tried the 1.14 beta with build 998.2 and I must say that the new features are really amazing.
Going back to my problems with fuel and time-to-ready, I'm sorry to say that they are still there, no change with 1.14
The folders seem fine and in the right place, so I can't understand what's the problem

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 10
RE: Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel - 2/10/2018 8:31:47 AM   
ComDev

Hmmmm... I ran the examples you posted through the debugger, and everything works fine. No silent exceptions, nothing.

Do you have two installations of the game, and accidentally put the 1.14 files in the wrong folder or something?

Do you use a language pack, or have a different type of decimal separator?

Are you entering illegal characters, like using a num keypad with num lock turned off?

(in reply to SirAndrew)
Post #: 11
RE: Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel - 2/10/2018 8:36:36 PM   
SirAndrew

Hello emsoy! Thanks for testing the files!
When I bought the game I've installed it through Steam, first the base game and then CoW, but there is a single installation (C/Program Files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Command Modern Air Naval Operations).
I've installed the 1.14 by copying the files in that folder, so I think I can answer no to your first question, I have a single installation and I think I've installed the 1.14 properly.
The answer to the third question is again no.
Regarding the second question however, when I installed CMANO, I chose Italian as the language. But I'm using a QWERTY keyboard...

By the way, I have realised that there are two additional error messages I missed to upload. They appear as the 4th error in the serie.
They are in italian and can be translated as: (this is for time-to-ready)
"theEx.Message:Index is not included in the interval. Required non-negative value and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: Index"
And for fuel
"theEx.Message:Error creating the form. For detailed information, see Exception.InnerException. Error: Index not included in the interval.
Required non-negative value and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index"

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 12
RE: Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel - 2/12/2018 5:52:03 PM   
Dimitris

Hi,

I tried to recreate this now in a European (French specifically) locale setting, deliberately to see if there was any comma-vs-period issue. It worked perfectly. I was not able to reproduce your issue at all.

Is it possible to backup your saves, custom scenarios etc. and do a full uninstall and re-install of the program?

Thanks.

(in reply to SirAndrew)
Post #: 13
RE: Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel - 2/20/2018 3:17:48 PM   
SirAndrew

Hello Emsoy and Dimitris!
Sorry, had a busy week and was only able to re-install the game in the weekend, but sadly the problem is still there...
So don't know if it's caused by a wrong installation (Steam messing up or maybe my computer is installing it badly) or a bug specifically in the Italian version...
If you think it may be caused by some missing file, I've made some screenshots of the installation folders before re-downloading and can send them to check.
May I ask what's the meaning of the various error pop-ups? Is something missing or it's having a problem in the execution of the command?
Greetings!

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 14
RE: Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel - 2/20/2018 6:49:47 PM   
ComDev

Hmmm I used this func last night on 1.14 and it worked just fine.

Could you activate Debug Logging and post the log here please?

(in reply to SirAndrew)
Post #: 15
RE: Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel - 2/21/2018 3:37:57 PM   
SirAndrew

Hello emsoy!
Here is the log...hope it helps!
By the way, I've found that the folder containing the logs is full of older files, can I safely delete them?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 16
RE: Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel - 11/17/2018 11:19:30 AM   
De Savage

Hello!

Has this been resolved?

I'm using Steam version and I got same error when I try to set 'time to ready' in editor. I have used editor for years without problem, this error was first encountered 2017. I havent done any scenarios since, so I did not reported. Maybe this has someting to do with local time or clock? I dont know. I was working before 2017, but has been like this for over a year.

I'm using latest version: 1.14 Build 998.15

Error: 'OnThreadException'

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SirAndrew)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Setting Time-to-Ready and Fuel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI