Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Operation SCOT FREE, 2001

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Operation SCOT FREE, 2001 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Operation SCOT FREE, 2001 - 1/18/2018 11:05:46 AM   
killjoy73au

United Kingdom vs. Indonesian Rebels

Date/Time: 21st June, 2001 / 19:00:00 Zulu.

Playable Sides: Royal Navy.

The British SBS with support from the RN, RAF, and USN, is dispatched to conduct the rescue of 113 British nationals, taken hostage by Indonesian separatist rebels. The American intelligence network has located the hostages in a camp near the small village of Nembukrang, on the northern coastline of New Guinea.

Another mission, this is fairly short but should be mildly interesting. Based on an old mission of the same name from Janes Fleet Command NWP.

You can also find it on the Steam Workshop with an automatically loading custom overlay attached. If you play it then please provide some feedback. Enjoy

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Operation SCOT FREE, 2001 - 1/18/2018 7:23:38 PM   
ojms

Hi,

I couldn't get the C-130 to take off after saving the hostages, is there a missing trigger or did I do something wrong?

Thanks.

(in reply to killjoy73au)
Post #: 2
RE: Operation SCOT FREE, 2001 - 1/19/2018 12:14:09 AM   
killjoy73au

quote:

ORIGINAL: ojms

Hi,

I couldn't get the C-130 to take off after saving the hostages, is there a missing trigger or did I do something wrong?

Thanks.

Just had a play through and everything worked okay. Maybe the trigger didn't fire.

Just to be sure i'll go over the process of rescuing the hostages for you...

1 - Move any SBS unit next to the airfield for 15 minutes to capture it, Hercs will land automatically.
2 - Move any SBS unit next to the tents for 15 minutes
3 - Trucks appear at the tents, move them to the airfield
4 - Trucks arrive at airfield, hostages disembark, keep hostages where they are (don't move them at all) in proximity to the
airfield for 15 minutes
5 - Hostages load on Hercs, give 3-5 minutes for Hercs to take off automatically after you get the 'hostages loaded' message.
6 - Once the Hercs get about 40nm from the coast you will complete the mission.

The Hercs aren't under your control at all, everything they do is automatic.

< Message edited by killjoy73au -- 1/19/2018 12:15:19 AM >

(in reply to ojms)
Post #: 3
RE: Operation SCOT FREE, 2001 - 1/19/2018 7:10:25 AM   
ojms

Brilliant, I will try again.

I must say it is an excellent scenario.

Post #: 4
RE: Operation SCOT FREE, 2001 - 1/19/2018 7:52:08 AM   
killjoy73au

Cheers mate, hopefully it works fine this time.

(in reply to ojms)
Post #: 5
RE: Operation SCOT FREE, 2001 - 1/20/2018 8:56:26 AM   
ojms

Yes worked perfectly this time.

One option if you would prefer would be to use TLAM fired from a UK sub as these were in service by 1999 (Kosovo).

Spoiler Alert:

The Shilka is nasty, it gets my Mavericks and the TLAMs every time and sometimes the Junglies or Harriers.

Post #: 6
RE: Operation SCOT FREE, 2001 - 1/20/2018 1:12:18 PM   
killjoy73au

Good stuff.

The mission was a remake from an old Fleet Command NWP mission, optimised with a few extra things thrown in, but it had the Burke in it. Also, I figure the UAV had to come from somewhere.

A good 2-3 Mavericks will take the Shilka out, try firing at the neighboring Gopher first to distract it while the other mavericks fly in at the Shilka few seconds later.

(in reply to ojms)
Post #: 7
RE: Operation SCOT FREE, 2001 - 1/20/2018 4:35:47 PM   
Luckschaden

Thanks for that. I did enjoy it. Seems like the meat of the mission is the initial SEAD strike, I was somewhat lucky in that I didn't plan much but managed to take care of the AD but lost one Harrier to recklessness - apparently charing AAA head on to strike it with a dumb bomb is not ideal? (Also I restarted once because I didn't realise the IR missiles couldn't target through clouds.)

I am not sure if it is a bit cheeky, but I used the choppers to take out the remaining INF and mortars. And I did strafe with the surviving Harrier that had gun ammo.

I sortied the two remaining harriers but then forgot about them, but I didn't need any additonal CAS anyway.

It's really nice that all the tedious stuff is done automatically, and also that the mission starts with the strike assets close to the target etc. Cuts out lots of unnecessary waiting time.

And the overlay made the mission so much better, especially since otherwise in those sort of spec ops scenarios, it's tricky to understand the scale of the distances on the ground.

SPOILER

I did expect some sort of counter attack or something like that, but I don't think the mission is any worse for not having that.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Operation SCOT FREE, 2001 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI