Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tank and Gun crews and APC personel

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> Tank and Gun crews and APC personel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tank and Gun crews and APC personel - 1/22/2018 5:54:17 AM   
RAUBKATER1

First, I'd like to congratulate the developers on a war game well made.
That said, I have 2 concerns; First, Tanks and Gun crews _ in addition to being "stunned" or "shocked", why
can't the Tank or gun crews just "abandon" the vehicle or gun?
It happened - a LOT in WW II!
Second, APCs (ARMORED PERSONEL CARRIERS) like U.S.halftracks and German SPWS (Schuetzen Panzer Wagen) were DESIGNED
and BUILT to carry squads of Infantry to the Front lines giving the soldiers a measure of protection.
In the game, the APCs can't carry anything!
That's a problem! I think they ought to be able to carry at least 1 squad (or at the very least a half squad) and
or a Leader to be able to "mount up" or "dismount" when not in view of the enemy.Many other wargames of the same Genre do this (John Tillers war games come to mind.)
Your thoughts?...
Post #: 1
RE: Tank and Gun crews and APC personel - 1/22/2018 10:14:45 AM   
rico21

You are absolutely right on everything!
That said, regarding the APC, Peter does not want scenarios with lazy soldiers who would spend the time of battle sitting on a bench behind an armored wall.
He wants warriors fighting in a forced march.
Congratulations and thank you, Peter!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RAUBKATER1)
Post #: 2
RE: Tank and Gun crews and APC personel - 1/22/2018 12:10:58 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: arnoriewe
First, I'd like to congratulate the developers on a war game well made.

Glad you are enjoying the game, there is just one developer and that's me :)

Jorgen Holmquist (Paullus) did all the game scenarios that came with the game, he also worked on the Kursk DLC.

quote:

That said, I have 2 concerns; First, Tanks and Gun crews _ in addition to being "stunned" or "shocked", why
can't the Tank or gun crews just "abandon" the vehicle or gun?
It happened - a LOT in WW II!

Tank crew are not modeled in the game. Once tank crew bails out, there isn't much use for them on the battlefield as their firepower is very low, even less than ordnance crew. I just didn't want to add the extra complexity to the game with such a limited value.

quote:

Second, APCs (ARMORED PERSONEL CARRIERS) like U.S.halftracks and German SPWS (Schuetzen Panzer Wagen) were DESIGNED
and BUILT to carry squads of Infantry to the Front lines giving the soldiers a measure of protection.
In the game, the APCs can't carry anything!
That's a problem! I think they ought to be able to carry at least 1 squad (or at the very least a half squad) and
or a Leader to be able to "mount up" or "dismount" when not in view of the enemy.Many other wargames of the same Genre do this (John Tillers war games come to mind.)
Your thoughts?...

This is something I might add to the game in the future.

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 1/22/2018 12:17:03 PM >

(in reply to RAUBKATER1)
Post #: 3
RE: Tank and Gun crews and APC personel - 1/22/2018 4:26:52 PM   
RAUBKATER1

Hello, Peter.
Here's some food for thought on Tank crews;
I've read accounts of crews abandoning their vehicles only to return to them at a safer time during the
same battle. My dad was a German east front soldier who witnessed this happening also.
But I don't want to super-complicate matters as I have no right to- you're the developer, after all!
Thanks for considering my APC suggestion, though and again thank you for a Great War game!

< Message edited by arnoriewe -- 1/22/2018 4:27:48 PM >

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 4
RE: Tank and Gun crews and APC personel - 1/22/2018 9:45:47 PM   
genesismwt

I agree with everything wholeheartedly. Adding passengers would greatly expand on this great game.

I can live without crews that bailed out. It's another layer of complexity that can be filtered out.

In regards to a circumstance where a crew came back to their vehicle, I am sure that you can design a scenario around that by having a vehicle appear in a hex on a designated turn to reflect a crew returning and manning the vehicle.

The game is afoot!

Mike

(in reply to RAUBKATER1)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> Tank and Gun crews and APC personel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI