Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sea hqs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Sea hqs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sea hqs - 1/23/2018 11:59:33 AM   
ulsterandy

Can I ask if the 6 sea born hqs we get at the start of the game is all we get or is there any way of making anymore? Or do I have to transfer them from Italy to the South coast of England? Once op husky is done? As I would like to invaded southern Italy and France at the same time.
Post #: 1
RE: Sea hqs - 1/23/2018 12:04:33 PM   
sandman2575

You'll have to redeploy the 3 British Amphib. HQs from Mediterranean to England if you want to pull off a 'historical' Overlord. USA gets 2 new Amphib HQs arriving in England sometime in '44, so it's up to you what to do with the 3 US Amphib HQs in the Mediterranean -- keep 'em around for continued bombardment support and possible future landings (like Anzio). But the 3 the British start with is all they get, iirc.

(in reply to ulsterandy)
Post #: 2
RE: Sea hqs - 1/23/2018 2:57:07 PM   
EddyBear81

Sandman is right. You end up with a total of 8 TFs

However, you seem to want to invade in both locations at the same time.

I advise you not to !!

First, you'll be tight on air resources, as they are absolutely crucial to prevent opposing forces to build up faster than you do in the area. If that happens, then in Anzio-Gallipoli all over again.

Second, you may be lacking the transport troops to support both landings, meaning you will not be able to transport sufficient troops to reinforce your beach head, leading to the same outcome as above.

Third, if you use up all your TFs in the same time, you are basically telling your hand to the opposing player. Once all TFs are accounted for, he knows you will not be landing elsewhere, so he can commit his reserves. Threat of a second landing played a huge role historically, you should try to do the same.

And this practically means that landings 1 turn after the other is out of the question as well

And one reserve to all of the above : small, tactical landings by brigades or regiments can keep the Axis off balance, especially in Italy, where head on progress is difficult, and Axis reserves are smaller (or should be). But it's risky.

< Message edited by EddyBear81 -- 1/23/2018 2:58:09 PM >

(in reply to sandman2575)
Post #: 3
RE: Sea hqs - 1/23/2018 3:00:57 PM   
EddyBear81

Not to mention that a 1943 France landing is a daring enterprise. You don't have enough troops at that time to challenge the Axis on the big stage.

Better focus on taking Rome in 1943. Which is not a given.

(in reply to EddyBear81)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Sea hqs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI