Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: ATG: Wishlist thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 3/11/2016 2:46:57 PM   
Tac2i

While not highlighted, each HQ and the units that it commands are color coded. These colors can be changed while in game.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ajantaka

The ability to quickly locate all the subordinate units of HQ or all the sister units (those with same HQ) by clicking on the unit/HQ and all the subordinate/units will be outlined or highlighted.

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to Ajantaka)
Post #: 301
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 3/11/2016 8:32:58 PM   
GaryChildress

Would be sort of convenient if HQs also gave the ideal number of staff they need along with or instead of % staffed. Sometimes it's difficult to determine how many staff would get them up to 100%. So it would be convenient if there were a raw number as well telling you for example that your HQ needs 54 staff in order to be at 100% or something.

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 302
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 3/11/2016 9:30:36 PM   
Tac2i

The new TO&E feature, if you have an HQ template applied to your HQs, attempts to keep them at 100%. There is no need try to determine how many staff are needed.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

Would be sort of convenient if HQs also gave the ideal number of staff they need along with or instead of % staffed. Sometimes it's difficult to determine how many staff would get them up to 100%. So it would be convenient if there were a raw number as well telling you for example that your HQ needs 54 staff in order to be at 100% or something.

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 303
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 3/11/2016 10:31:04 PM   
GaryChildress

For some reason it seems when I have TO&E set up my HQs don't always draw enough staff to stay near 100%. I've had HQs linger understaffed for several turns even though there are plenty of staff at their superior HQs to give them.

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 304
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 3/12/2016 1:48:23 AM   
Tac2i

This has not been my experience. My HQs stay at or near 100%.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

For some reason it seems when I have TO&E set up my HQs don't always draw enough staff to stay near 100%. I've had HQs linger understaffed for several turns even though there are plenty of staff at their superior HQs to give them.

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

Post #: 305
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 3/12/2016 1:55:34 AM   
dominickpa

Don't forget that you need transport capacity in your HQ to send troops from it. If your HQ just has trains and it and the target is not on tracks, nothing will move. Both must be on tracks.

Post #: 306
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 3/13/2016 11:14:01 AM   
Ajantaka

Webizen,

Thanks, I had forgotten this. This is useful but highlighting or somesuch more visual device would help those of us with weak eyes and overall make it quicker to locate sister units.

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 307
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 5/29/2016 6:51:19 PM   
ernieschwitz

I would love for the system of messages with choices as in DC:B was available in ATG.

As is the message system does not really give that option, and it is best solved via cards... but having many cards could clutter the screen considerably.

(in reply to Ajantaka)
Post #: 308
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/2/2016 5:29:57 AM   
GaryChildress

Really, REALLY wish there were a separate setting in the editor for "air transportable" or else limit aircraft to only being able to transport things that individually weigh less than a single plane's maximum carry capacity. It seems absurdly unrealistic to be able to transport a locomotive by transport planes, especially for the WW2 period. Never was done and never could have been done. I'm not sure it's possible to transport a locomotive by air even today.

Another thing I really wish for is the ability to implement helicopters more realistically into the game. This could maybe be done through creation of a new subformation type called "ground crew". "Ground crew" would be like land based aircraft carriers in that they could move from hex to hex and "contain" certain aircraft types (helicopters or VTOL aircraft only) Every aircraft would have a "weight" and every "ground crew" would have a specific amount of aircraft "weight" it could support. If the number of aircraft exceeds the capacity of "ground crews" on a hex then air operations would not be possible.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 309
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/2/2016 11:49:19 PM   
ernieschwitz

While I know that Helicopters can land almost anywhere, they too, like planes need to return to their base to refuel. The real trouble I see is that if you have a turn length that is less than a day, you might want to model that. But if it's more than 1 day, it would seem likely that it would return to base after a mission ended. Thus the problem with helicopters is really to avoid designing games that are in too low time scale.

I came to this realization recently. If I am wrong, please do tell, but it seems that they could be modeled if the scale is not too small.

Post #: 310
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/3/2016 6:06:14 AM   
Ormand

I think the problem with helicopters is more along the lines of air-mobile, or air-cavalry. You can model them dropping troops off via paradrops, but you can't pick them up and transport them to another spot (unless they are in an airbase). And you can't transport troops from one base to another via air. It was probably quite an operation to pick up troops in the field, but from a game standpoint, that is probably the main thing that you would want to add that is differentiated from current transport capability.

I don't think that it would make much sense to allow helicopters to land and stay at a place that is not a base. This just doesn't happen as helicopters need to be refueled and rearmed, which I think must happen at an airbase of some sort.

Post #: 311
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/3/2016 11:00:44 PM   
Khanti

I want consistency in EDITOR.
Example:
SFTs table. You click on sft and it's selected and auto moved on center. (Good)
Regimes table. You click on sft and it's selected and it's NOT auto moved on center. (Bad)
Eh.

(in reply to Ormand)
Post #: 312
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/4/2016 2:17:03 AM   
ernieschwitz

I'd rather have extra functionality than consistency, but of course I'd love both if possible :)

(in reply to Khanti)
Post #: 313
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/18/2016 7:10:59 AM   
StrategyGamer

I'd love to be allowed to move the items in the Items menu
Doing a total conversion scenario, it is very annoying when say B 1 is before A 1 which is before B 2
I just want to stay organized

< Message edited by StrategyGamer -- 6/18/2016 7:13:36 AM >

Post #: 314
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/14/2017 9:47:20 AM   
Zocker

An option no Factories

Rainer

(in reply to Stardog)
Post #: 315
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/15/2017 1:28:22 AM   
balto

Why?

(in reply to Zocker)
Post #: 316
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 5/4/2017 4:49:36 AM   
alomoes

I don't know if this has been asked before, but could it be possible to add an import/export function to various things, such as buildings, SFTs, research trees. My reasoning is that I have a ton of stuff written up in text files, and importing it via the editor is slightly annoying and much more time consuming because I have to click all the things and make sure I didn't screw up somewhere.

If there is an import/export text function to the editor, then please PM me on how to use it.

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 317
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 5/16/2017 5:44:31 PM   
ernieschwitz

Is there any room in the GUI for an extra button? I was wondering because in some games (take WaW for ATG for instance) players want to make more resources than can be viewed in the upper bar of the screen. A button that simply says Resources, or it could be a tab in the statistics, and you could review your resources there.

(in reply to alomoes)
Post #: 318
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 7/19/2017 5:40:29 AM   
Vic

Just wanted to state I am still reading this thread :) and even making some notes for the to-do list.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Post #: 319
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 8/27/2017 6:47:53 PM   
lion_of_judah

I would like to be able too make fixed borders like in Operational Art of war and the border graphics now used to show when you conqueror territory but the borders still stay the same.

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 8/27/2017 6:48:26 PM >

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 320
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 8/29/2017 2:16:52 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: lion_of_judah

I would like to be able too make fixed borders like in Operational Art of war and the border graphics now used to show when you conqueror territory but the borders still stay the same.

You could make new river types that have no impact on combat/movement but show a border like sprite?

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 321
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 8/29/2017 7:31:27 PM   
ernieschwitz

Or... as I wrote in an email to Lion of judah, make special sprites that you put in those hexes.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 322
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 8/30/2017 7:20:12 AM   
Ormand

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: lion_of_judah

You could make new river types that have no impact on combat/movement but show a border like sprite?

The only catch is if the border is along a river. Then, you'll have to make new one the border and the river, which is not that hard to do.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 323
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/24/2018 9:27:40 PM   
Zajcew

I'd like to suggest making the unit supply and reinforcements thresholds more incremental. What I mean is being able to set those limits at 10% intervals (10%, 20%, 30% etc.),instead of every 25% as it is now. While I'm on the topic I'd like to point out that the documentation for TOE's on this wiki page http://www.vrdesigns.net/atwiki/doku.php?id=tables_of_organisation_and_equipment contradicts itself. The document states that you can set a unit to 0% reinforcements which means it will not be automaticly reinforced, while the "possible extensions" part at the bottom says this setting will be potentialy added. This seems to be the case, as it hasn't been implemented yet.
What I want to say is I'd like to request this 0% setting to be added.

(in reply to Ormand)
Post #: 324
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/25/2018 3:33:51 AM   
lion_of_judah

a wish for statics tables like dccp where strengths and casualties are shown, not some abstract tables which show point levels

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 325
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 3/5/2018 7:48:12 PM   
HeinzHonokaPepperoni

I'd really like to have the chance to assign specific TOE formations by Peoples group for the AI to use in random games.
Basically assigning TOE formations for the AI to produce through the editor. Maybe specifying priority as well, to have the AI keep realistic amount of infantry, armored or special divisions.

Something I've noticed playing the base game and the Four Seasons mod is that the AI plays very well early on in the game, pulling off good maneuver warfare and hitting weakpoints, and they manage to do it mostly because the predefined formations spawned in with the game world are balanced enough with early player-made formations.
After the player has stabilized the front and ramped up production, it becomes a matter of time before they can win the game, as the AI just cannot produce formations that are able to withstand those of the player. Most of the times in fact, it just starts bunching up large numbers of infantry supported by a very meager amount of tanks or artillery, rarely both. These formations are terrible in the attack, and just as much in defense.

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 326
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/11/2018 3:46:38 PM   
Ridcully70

After steady playing for a month I think the game is in essence quite well balanced and varied. However a few things I could suggest-

1) It would nice to see some sort of diplomatic option when playing the AI. Even a very crude option of "bribing" them with raw/ oil or supply points in exchange for peace would be welcome. As it is, when playing the AI it's everyone for themselves.

2) Naval mine warfare. I would like to see some option for laying mines in sea areas.

3) More realistic tank destroyers. In the game they're the equivalent of battleships on land, they have huge anti- tank value but are hugely slow and costly to build. In reality WW2 tanks destroyers were actually easier and less time consuming to build than turreted tanks. They could carry a larger gun than most tanks, at the expense of less tactical flexibility in combat. The tank destroyers in ATG just seem a little bit too "gamey" for my taste, considering the mostly realistic nature of most of the other units.

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 327
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 7/24/2018 8:50:14 PM   
Khanti

I'd like to see AI that do not make such things:

Lonely aircraft carrier without airplanes attacking (?) wolfpack of submarines.

(in reply to Ridcully70)
Post #: 328
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 7/25/2018 9:39:09 PM   
Khanti

TOE suggestion.

Is it possible to implement "any people" in TOE designed schemes?

If my empire consists of many people groups, it becomes a difficult retention of the national character of army.
And the creation of many division organizational charts does not seem rational (I will get lost in it myself).

(in reply to Khanti)
Post #: 329
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 8/5/2018 11:19:56 PM   
lion_of_judah

saving just the map as one can do in dccp

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI