Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Playing with the wrong eq

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Playing with the wrong eq Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playing with the wrong eq - 1/26/2018 8:21:55 PM   
Lav2566

Been working on a scenario for several days, and had no trouble loading it in previous days. I only added equipment that is listed. Today I opened it, and I get a complete green screen with a pop-up that says I'm playing with the wrong. I have access to nothing that I worked on previous days. Ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Playing with the wrong eq - 1/27/2018 10:37:03 AM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lav2566

Been working on a scenario for several days, and had no trouble loading it in previous days. I only added equipment that is listed. Today I opened it, and I get a complete green screen with a pop-up that says I'm playing with the wrong. I have access to nothing that I worked on previous days. Ideas?

John

dump the .SCE and the .EQP file in a .ZIP and I will have a look at it after my march in the boonies this afternoon.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Lav2566)
Post #: 2
RE: Playing with the wrong eq - 1/27/2018 8:09:37 PM   
Lav2566

Have a look that let me know what you think. Thank you

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 3
RE: Playing with the wrong eq - 1/27/2018 8:20:37 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

Have a look that let me know what you think. Thank you

... and the .EQP file, in case you did fiddle around with it, John.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to Lav2566)
Post #: 4
RE: Playing with the wrong eq - 1/27/2018 8:25:26 PM   
Oberst_Klink

John

when I load the .SCE it's... blank as a baby's bottom... no forces, no map... yes, I get the 'wrong .eqp' message, but the equipment is there, the vanilla version of it and one can create formations/units. Let's check what version you got first - 4.0.1.23, the latest patch I take it? You tried to mod around the Europe '47 scenario from VHauser, aye?

Klink, Oberst

< Message edited by Oberst_Klink -- 1/27/2018 8:28:56 PM >

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to Lav2566)
Post #: 5
RE: Playing with the wrong eq - 1/27/2018 9:17:16 PM   
Lav2566

Correct I have the patch, and aye...yes mods on this excellent work done by him.

Post #: 6
RE: Playing with the wrong eq - 1/27/2018 9:23:03 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

Correct I have the patch, and aye...yes mods on this excellent work done by him.

My guess, and the only logical explanation is... .SCE somehow got corrupted. My way of re-approaching your project would be: Load the original, save it under your mod name, incl. the .eqp. Remember, the .EQP has to have the same name as the scenario, e.g. Tutorial '50.SCE needs to have the Tutorial '50.EQP in order to work, IF the .EQP was modified.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to Lav2566)
Post #: 7
RE: Playing with the wrong eq - 1/27/2018 9:28:37 PM   
Lav2566

My assumption was a corrupt file. Thank you for your help. What a great world, I can get help from across the ocean, to continue my recreational endeavors. Thanks again.

Post #: 8
RE: Playing with the wrong eq - 1/27/2018 9:56:06 PM   
DanNeely

The other thing I'd strongly recommend is some for of versioning/backup so in the event of another failure you only lose a limited amount of work.

At a bare minimum a collection of dated zip files with snapshots of your work in progress will prevent a total disaster.

If you're at least moderately tech savvy I'd lean toward some form of source control with a remote repository and a GUI based client.

You lose a lot of the more advanced features putting non-text files into source control; but even with just a user supplied message of what you changed with each version you're still ahead of the game.

Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man ... weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not [it] an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
--Zachris Topelius

(in reply to Lav2566)
Post #: 9
RE: Playing with the wrong eq - 1/28/2018 8:21:45 PM   
John T_MatrixForum

quote:

ORIGINAL: DanNeely
If you're at least moderately tech savvy I'd lean toward some form of source control with a remote repository and a GUI based client.

You lose a lot of the more advanced features putting non-text files into source control; but even with just a user supplied message of what you changed with each version you're still ahead of the game.

Never thought of GIT for scenarios...
for non techies i try to explain a little more in the parenthesis (completely need myself as noted)

Don't forget the XML- options (a sort of structured textfile that you can edit yourself once you got the hunch of it)
Gives you a lot of help if you dump the game as .gam file (from main menu)
and/or work with the oob by .OOB files.(You load the OOB file manually (F4 & F5 while edit forces))

The good thing is that then you got your textfiles that you can compare and still have the same sce file (makes it simpler to sync eqp and nqp files)

Like I working with weserubung52b.sce - the sceario file
the OOb file is version weserubungL12 as it does not to have the same name as the scenario file
So I can always go back to an earlier version.(as long my computer does not crash)

Cheers
/John

(in reply to DanNeely)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Playing with the wrong eq Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI