Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Withdrawing air units question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Withdrawing air units question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Withdrawing air units question - 1/28/2018 7:48:52 PM   
Tomcat84

Noob question here, sorry. Am in my first GC (against AI) and in a couple of turns several gruppen of JG53 are scheduled to withdraw. Right now they have 109 F2s. If they withdraw, do those F2s just vanish? If so, is it potentially worthwhile to switch them to 109 Emils so that the F2s go into the pool for future use and the Emils disappear?
Thanks!

My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
Post #: 1
RE: Withdrawing air units question - 1/28/2018 8:58:33 PM   
Dinglir

Yes, they do vanish.

You should certainly set replacements off - and if you don't have any urgent need to use the fighters, I would replace them with E's as well.

To be is to do -- Socrates
To do is to be -- Jean-Paul Sartre
Do be do be do -- Frank Sinatra

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 2
RE: Withdrawing air units question - 1/29/2018 6:40:27 AM   
Tomcat84

Thanks for the confirmation! Will be sure to swap them :)

And I'm assuming that if they ever come back (I believe historically I/JG53 comes back late war but haven't checked WITE yet) they will just have their new equipment (in my example's case 109 Gustav variants) and not the old Emils I sent them off with? I'll check WITE later and scroll faaaaar down :)

edit: checked and they come back in 44 with G6s :)

< Message edited by Tomcat84 -- 1/29/2018 7:20:07 AM >

My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )

(in reply to Dinglir)
Post #: 3
RE: Withdrawing air units question - 1/29/2018 2:23:31 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tomcat84

Noob question here, sorry. Am in my first GC (against AI) and in a couple of turns several gruppen of JG53 are scheduled to withdraw. Right now they have 109 F2s. If they withdraw, do those F2s just vanish? If so, is it potentially worthwhile to switch them to 109 Emils so that the F2s go into the pool for future use and the Emils disappear?
Thanks!

Also change them early (turn 2) and use them as much as possible before they go. In theory you could end up seeing zero aircraft being withdrawn.

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 4
RE: Withdrawing air units question - 1/30/2018 12:03:25 AM   
Ridgeway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tomcat84

Thanks!

Also change them early (turn 2) and use them as much as possible before they go. In theory you could end up seeing zero aircraft being withdrawn.

Are air unit withdrawals treated differently from ground unit withdrawals? I thought for ground units, at least, that they automatically draw replacements (up to 75% of TOE, IIRC) prior to being withdrawn.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 5
RE: Withdrawing air units question - 1/30/2018 1:26:19 PM   
Telemecus

There is no mandatory replacements, so unlike on map ground combat units you can manage air units (and also offmap SUs and on map HQs) to minimise what is withdrawing. My strategy is to switch all replacements off for withdrawing groups and use them for as many missions as possible. You can always see in the air section of the arrivals and withdrawers screen how many aircraft they have. Nothing makes me happier than to see zeros after the names of withdrawing air groups. I only replace the aircraft of a withdrawing airgroup with old models if I feel I do not have enough time to get them to zero. And even then do that as early as possible and try to use up the older models before they go too. When you open the air section of arrivals and withdrawers as Axis in turn 1 you can count 1,000s of aircraft there next to the names of withdrawing groups. Do you really want them to head to the war in the west - or would you rather they did the dieing on the Eastern front first.

(in reply to Ridgeway)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Withdrawing air units question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI