Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Very detailed look at japan's attack on Pearl Harbor.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Very detailed look at japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Very detailed look at japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. - 1/31/2018 9:45:56 PM   
iley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6cz9gtMTeI

If not previously posted.

Post #: 1
RE: Very detailed look at japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. - 1/31/2018 11:38:15 PM   
BillBrown

That is excellent, also watched next one, Battle of Salvo Island by the same person, also good.

(in reply to iley)
Post #: 2
RE: Very detailed look at japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. - 2/1/2018 3:56:12 AM   
spence

The video advances much the same information as a book published a couple of years ago by Alan Zimm: "Attack on Pearl Harbor: Strategy, Combat, Myths and Deceptions". IIRC Zimm was an an operational analyst with the US Navy. In his book he is quite critical of the Japanese execution of the attack...the over-concentration of the torpedo attack on just 2 of the battleships, the failure of the most of the 800 kg bombs as well as many of the 250 kg bombs and the inclusion of the mini-subs which nearly gave away the whole ball-game prematurely.

Good video though.

(in reply to iley)
Post #: 3
RE: Very detailed look at japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. - 2/1/2018 4:02:10 AM   
adarbrauner

quote:

ORIGINAL: iley

Very good!

(in reply to iley)
Post #: 4
RE: Very detailed look at japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. - 2/1/2018 5:57:18 AM   
Tigrizzli

(°x2) But but but? I just watched the attack scenes of the movie that should not be named here on that same subject and the japanese were efficace and deadly no? ...Not as much as the B25 devastation of the americaners retaliation but impressive! no?
A war (cough) movie can't be wrong!?

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 5
RE: Very detailed look at japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. - 2/1/2018 6:39:18 AM   
SheperdN7

Very good find, hope the creator makes more videos, so far only seen the one OP shared and his next video, Savo island. Very detailed, accurate and uses great graphics and maps/pictures to give a visualization.

10/10.

Current Games:

WitP:AE PBEM against Greg (Late '44)
AE PBEM against Mogami (Early'44)
WITE PBEM against Boomer Sooner

(in reply to Tigrizzli)
Post #: 6
RE: Very detailed look at japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. - 2/1/2018 9:33:03 AM   
Leandros

quote:

ORIGINAL: iley

Cool. Tks for posting.

Fred

River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D34QCWQ/?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref=series_rw_dp_labf

(in reply to iley)
Post #: 7
RE: Very detailed look at japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. - 2/1/2018 11:42:42 AM   
Jorge_Stanbury

Great videos (PH and Savo).
good explanation why they concentrated torpedo attacks in 2 BBs. they also got lucky with Arizona

(in reply to Leandros)
Post #: 8
RE: Very detailed look at japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. - 2/1/2018 3:10:04 PM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: spence

The video advances much the same information as a book published a couple of years ago by Alan Zimm: "Attack on Pearl Harbor: Strategy, Combat, Myths and Deceptions". IIRC Zimm was an an operational analyst with the US Navy. In his book he is quite critical of the Japanese execution of the attack...the over-concentration of the torpedo attack on just 2 of the battleships, the failure of the most of the 800 kg bombs as well as many of the 250 kg bombs and the inclusion of the mini-subs which nearly gave away the whole ball-game prematurely.

Good video though.

Amazing how I learn so much better from a video. I have read plenty of books on the subject but the diagrams really give me a better understanding of the attack and how unsuccessful it was considering the American vulnerabilities and total surprise. But target fixation was just a plan fact of war no matter how well trained aircrews were. The same thing happened when Allied aircrews attacked and sunk the two Japanese super battleships in two actions. They just kept pounding the two obviously mortally wounded BBs in spite of plenty of unharmed lesser targets in the vicinity.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 9
RE: Very detailed look at japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. - 2/1/2018 4:07:24 PM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

That is excellent, also watched next one, Battle of Salvo Island by the same person, also good.

Me too. Both videos were well done....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 10
RE: Very detailed look at japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. - 2/1/2018 4:21:31 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: spence

Good video though.

+1 for Zimm's book. And for Action Stations.

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 11
RE: Very detailed look at japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. - 2/1/2018 7:19:16 PM   
mikkey

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 12
RE: Very detailed look at japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. - 2/1/2018 8:05:18 PM   
LeeChard

Having the video showing the movement of the ships makes it so much easier to understand the progress of the battle.
Excellent work!

(in reply to mikkey)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Very detailed look at japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI