Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 6/9/2001 6:52:00 PM   
Halgary

When my tank overruns enemy infantry, infantry graphics are not updated. The graphics show 7 men on the team, altough it only has one. And what about some kind of "Are you REALLY sure you want to drive your elite king tiger to that totally visible minefield? Y/N"... French trucks leave no wrecks when destroyed.

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 61
- 6/9/2001 7:58:00 PM   
Halgary

Something got to be done for the "feature" that if you see an enemy unit on a hex, and you try to shoot at that unit, but instead you click on an unseen unit on the same hex as the target, instead of firing, your unit rushes towards that hex. I'm going insane otherwise! It's ok to lose because of poor tactics, but because of a mistake in using the mouse...

Post #: 62
- 6/9/2001 10:02:00 PM   
A.H

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it sure is annoying. So, why do the enemy infantry units have to fire against my tigers (for example) with rifles or machineguns? That just pisses me off! What possible harm can they do with rifles against the heavy tanks? That should be changed! But remember, I'm talking about this game. I'm no talking about "real life". Not that I´would mean that firing a rifle against a tank would help anything blaa, blaa... whatever...

A.H

Post #: 63
- 6/10/2001 1:11:00 AM   
Joe Osborne

Here's one I think I've found....Sov engineers attack a house with suppressed MG in it...3 percent on both flamethrower and satchel charge....boom....German MG disappears with no announcement....THEN the same Soviet unit attacks an unsuppressed unit next door ..again 3% for flame and satchel...BOOM...unit disappears without notice...no casualty message nothing.....(and I've checked everywhere! :)) What happened to these "disppearing" German infantry units? Joe Osborne

Post #: 64
- 6/10/2001 3:39:00 AM   
Alby

The soviet Mech recon plt, It seems the halftracks are NEVER available with rarity on, anyone else seen this?

Post #: 65
- 6/10/2001 8:30:00 PM   
ruxius

I beg my pardon. I was mistaken when I wrote here that Italians have no ammo carrier..Ammo carrier are included in the OOB..sometimes they appear under the voice "Ordinance Sec".. other times the topic is ammo carrier.. So nothing to fix about them..(yuppie !)

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

Post #: 66
- 6/10/2001 8:36:00 PM   
ruxius

I would ask mr. Kurt to explain what he found about units which suffer casualties into a campaign and that are refilled with men automatically the next battle... Me too , I noticed that there are some units that take damage 1 or 2 (especially infantry units) and that indeed show 0 damage in the rebuild menu...then in the next battle they report the same 1-2 damages they had before.. Only the change button stops the problem..

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

Post #: 67
- 6/10/2001 8:41:00 PM   
Warrior

quote:

Originally posted by Halgary: Something got to be done for the "feature" that if you see an enemy unit on a hex, and you try to shoot at that unit, but instead you click on an unseen unit on the same hex as the target, instead of firing, your unit rushes towards that hex. I'm going insane otherwise! It's ok to lose because of poor tactics, but because of a mistake in using the mouse...
Using the "T" key to target, then "F" to fire solves that problem. (I wanted to email this to you, but your email address is blocked, check your profile to open it.)

Retreat is NOT an option.

Post #: 68
- 6/10/2001 9:17:00 PM   
Del

Ski troops show a twelve man roster yet they are depicted as "Ski Inf x 1".

Yea though I walk through the Valley of Death I shall fear NO evil for Thou art with me.

Post #: 69
- 6/10/2001 9:51:00 PM   
Jester

sorry if i write something already written,but i've not much time to read all the messages. when i play scenarios it happenes frequently that numbers over unit disappear. i don't know if this is wanted, but if so, it's quite frustrating. this happens when they get suppression. after rally, if it's ok, numbers come back. sometimes, also, happens that when i push esc to skip the introduction before the SSI write, i see only black hexes:no graphic at all, except for buttons and so on. this in scenarios and in battles.

Post #: 70
- 6/10/2001 10:00:00 PM   
MacCready

In the US Marine OOB there is a machine gun unit that is depicted by a truck icon on the game hexboard.

Post #: 71
- 6/10/2001 10:46:00 PM   
Halgary

quote:

Originally posted by REMF: Using the "T" key to target, then "F" to fire solves that problem.
Also being careful solves that broblem, and this is not so great problem when shooting tanks, but when you are gunning down dozens of infantry units, you tend to get careless. BUG REPORT: I begun fighting against italians, saved the game and exitted. Then when I continued, I found this bug: If I do damage to italian infantry, their graphic change to german (or similar) infantry. Light brown -> gray. I think this has something to do with reloading the game, since this didn't appear before.

Post #: 72
- 6/12/2001 12:10:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

IT got sent back to page 2... Bump

Post #: 73
- 6/12/2001 5:33:00 PM   
Norm

This occured in multiplayer via Internet option. After round 15 we saved the game and I surrendered, so we could compare the outcome so far. But the comparison screen did not let us switch to any of the screens (player1 /player2/ map) plus then the computer took over and started firing away at himself. Best regards, Norm

Post #: 74
- 6/12/2001 8:53:00 PM   
O de B

I could not come here for a while, so please forgive me if this has already been covered ... i think i posted once but about it but can't find the topic back. My concern was about pathing. Although units now avoid buildings, they do not if they contain victory hexes. So the AI offers the strange way of crashing its own tanks into the buildings that contain victory hexes he already owns... I think this should be tweaked so that it only does this to buidings with enemy victory hexes, and rather at the last turns of scenario. Also that is not a 'bug' but a wish : could the rarity settings be used also when upgrading core units in campaign ? So that i could only upgrade 2 tanks to King Tigers an not the whole core force lol.

Post #: 75
- 6/12/2001 9:58:00 PM   
gdpsnake

To Joe Osborn, Often when flamethrowers or satchel charges are used on buildings, the buildings collaspe and the occupants are eradicated. This can also happen during artillery strikes or shell hits. I can't give you a percentage but you had a bit of bad luck. Also, remember the 3% hit chance is to hit the concealed unit NOT the building. If you can't hit a building then you shouldn't have a rifle!

Post #: 76
- 6/12/2001 11:36:00 PM   
Larry Holt

When I attack a unit (I've tried against infantry & bunkers) with German engineers, the engineers rarely use their flame throwers and satchel charges. Once in a while I hear the hissing of the flamethrower but rarely. This is not an issue of which key to use, they should attack with all weapons that they have shots for and sometimes they do but often not.

Never take counsel of your fears.

Post #: 77
- 6/14/2001 7:20:00 PM   
sven

quote:

Originally posted by DELTA3-2: Here's a neat bug....kind of like this one. When playing solitaire (not sure about PBEM) tank kills post just fine for the firing unit. However....if you finish off any surviving crews by other means....it awards the crew-killing unit with an armor kill ! I actually love this bug....my armor kills the vehicle...and my supporting MG gunners finish off the crews, getting themselves a Tank Kill Badge too ! Everyone wins. Iron Crosses for all !!! Delta 3-2
That would make sense if it were a US tank killing a German crew. I mean the Germans may not have been 'Supermen', but they were indeed at least 'Ironmen'. Watch as the .30 cal bounce off their 'IronWill' leaving the soldier unharmed... sven ;)

Post #: 78
- 6/14/2001 8:26:00 PM   
Larry Holt

I earlier posted about an extra crew showing up. Last night I picked up a crew into a halftrack then later was unable to unload it. Both the unit info at the bottom left of the main screen and the full unit info screen (that comes up with the space bar) said that the track has a passenger, the crewman. I played the game on an off and I do not recall if I really unloaded the crewman but the load status didn't change or if I never could really unload it.

Post #: 79
- 6/14/2001 8:59:00 PM   
Brummagem

Not sure if this is a bug or what. Occasionally, while playing the long WWII campaign I've had units, a variety, halftracks to tanks, never infantry, that can't shoot a visible target only 2 hexs away. They are not surpressed and have full shot capability. If their afraid and laying low it would be nice to see some indication of it. The aafect only lasts 1 turn and then they are back to normal. Oh yes, it also shows that they are still in contact.

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experienece----well... that comes from poor judgement."

Post #: 80
- 6/15/2001 8:14:00 AM   
Charles2222

Bug? I'm not too sure about my prior battles playing 5.01, but the current 9/39 battle while WWII campaigning is resulting in enemy retreats towards my lines "at least" 20% of the time. It's probably something that didn't really strike me before, because the artillery hadn't destroyed 5 or more entrenched tanks as it has this time, therefore I'm moving tanks up a bit, resulting in close quarter battles, which many of the Polish infantry are going right into the tanks hexes.

Post #: 81
- 6/15/2001 9:14:00 PM   
A.H

I want to say that you, who were responsible that my 5.01 update didn't work should get fired. It took so many hours to download with my 56k modem nad it was missing the vid998.smk file. The I spend many hours to download the vid998.smk file, but when I putted in the right folder it still didn't work! I have now uninstalled and reinstalled the game over five times and I have done everything right. I still doesn't work. My war stops here. damn...

A.H

Post #: 82
- 6/15/2001 9:29:00 PM   
Joe Osborne

quote:

Originally posted by gdpsnake: To Joe Osborn, Often when flamethrowers or satchel charges are used on buildings, the buildings collaspe and the occupants are eradicated. This can also happen during artillery strikes or shell hits. I can't give you a percentage but you had a bit of bad luck. Also, remember the 3% hit chance is to hit the concealed unit NOT the building. If you can't hit a building then you shouldn't have a rifle!
LOL!!! true, true...I just wish there were a message explaining the untimely death of those in the building...there is an attack and an explosion and they disappear....it makes it "look" like a bug at least...whenever you attack units in a building with the same armament and get a few you always get a casualty report. Also as far as percenatges go my opponent was aiming at me not the building...though I suppose one could make a case for this kind of reaction if he used the "Z" key. Then that would be considered a building collapse.... This isn't a biggie...just odd.... Joe O.

Post #: 83
- 6/15/2001 9:32:00 PM   
Charles2222

I'm quite sure I've pointed this out before, but I don't know if anyone ever noticed, but I see it here again in the current game I'm playing. What is happening, is that if you are on the receiving end of an assault, your usual mine-clearing units, should you want to counterattack WILL NOT CLEAR THEM AT ALL (at least this is true for the engineers). If you strew a line of minefields in front of your positions, you can forget counterattacking unless you feel like going through the minefields. Yes, I have every single engineer unit set to "clear" mines, and MANY of them are unspotted as well as unsuppressed. Thanks. BTW, if it makes any difference, I did have them laying mines earlier in the battle, but after things looked very stable I decided to go on the offensive.

Post #: 84
- 6/15/2001 9:41:00 PM   
Larry Holt

quote:

Originally posted by Charles_22: I'm quite sure I've pointed this out before, but I don't know if anyone ever noticed, but I see it here again in the current game I'm playing. What is happening, is that if you are on the receiving end of an assault, your usual mine-clearing units, should you want to counterattack WILL NOT CLEAR THEM AT ALL (at least this is true for the engineers). If you strew a line of minefields in front of your positions, you can forget counterattacking unless you feel like going through the minefields. [snip]
I'll have to try and clear my own mines and see if I have the same problem. If engineers are not clearing when set to do then that would be a bug. I definately can clear my own barbed wire as I have done that but never tried my own mines. However, IRL one does not create a wall of mines then clear them to get through. In fact one of the tongue in cheek truism of war is that if you make it too hard for the enemy to get in, you won't be able to get out. What you need are lanes. That is leave gaps in your belts of mines but put mines in front or behind the gaps to cause you to swerve through the lanes. Your opponent won't be able to go straight through and may even get lucky and make one turn correctly but won't be able to swerve through two or three turn. You, of course, will see the mines and can get out.

Post #: 85
- 6/16/2001 1:36:00 AM   
Slayer

I believe that there is still more than one person in machine gun squads who fire their rifles. One rifle shot from a machine gun team killed 3 men earlier today, which is better than I usually see from an entire squad of riflemen.

Post #: 86
- 6/16/2001 2:36:00 AM   
Charles2222

Larry Holt: I've thought about it a while. This battle I'm fighting is very unusual, so unusual in fact, that I did not buy a single mine while being on the receving end of an assualt. I don't know what came over me. In any case, I'd like to further clarify the specific situation. Now maybe they will not clear mines at all in this situation, I don't know, but what they are not clearing are the ones they made themselves, just directly in front of them. I do have lanes, as I don't have that many engineers, but what I don't have are orders to get them to go off course and go around the mines they've laid in front. I tend to think the infantry won't clear them either, but I haven't been able to attempt that.

Post #: 87
- 6/16/2001 10:35:00 AM   
Igor

Though it's been mentioned elsewhere, just for the record let me mention the brigade of HQs that the nationalist Chinese deploy during generated campaigns set in the early 1930s. I should also mention that if the out of game editors are used in minor power generated campaigns (so far, Chinese and Hungarian have been mentioned), then the campaign will crash at the end of that battle.

Post #: 88
- 6/18/2001 6:03:00 PM   
Norm

More multiplayer observations: a) some units have unlimited number of shots. Last shot always has same outcome. b) wrong OP-Fire. OP-Unit targets previous target. c) timer dosn't work correctly (at all) on host machine (using Blenheim BLunder Scenario). d) Return fire option (countdown) reduces time of turnuser. e) Some reinforcemnts untis cannot be selected (Blenheim Blunder Scenario /British) f) Some units seem to be undestructible in a turn. g) Op-Fire user can read in box which unit is targeting him!!! h) Host can read which reinforcements arrived for opponent! i) Hit probabilities, seem to be miscalculated sometimes. 30% first round, after immobility of target, reduced to 2%. Recalculates after some actions with other vehicles. j) seldom screen centers on unit moved. (On screen of person who shouldn't know) k) dust can be seen over entire screen (not clear if really so?) l) Opponent get's sound of unit moved. Combined with dust, it's impossible to deceive tank movements through the use of trucks like Rommel did. --Norm

Post #: 89
- 6/18/2001 8:02:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Remember "shots" from small arms are more than 1 round so a single man firing a rifle can get lucky and kill multiple men.

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI