Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Need a substitute for M-551 Sheridan

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Need a substitute for M-551 Sheridan Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need a substitute for M-551 Sheridan - 2/12/2018 5:15:01 AM   
vettim89

Hello,

I am working on a scenario that WAS supposed to use LAPES insertion of a couple of platoons of M-551 Sheridan. After putting in hours of work I go to the point where I was writing the Lua script for the tank insertion and discovered ..... the M-551 is not in DB3000. The tanks are more eye candy and serve more to enhance the scenario than provide combat power. I was thinking of subbing in some Scorpion 90 AFV. I want the unit to be thin skinned but have some level of punch.

Before any one chimes in, I know CMNAO is not really meant to simulate ground combat. In truth these tanks are there more as targets for the OPFOR than anything else

Anyone have a better suggestion?

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry
Post #: 1
RE: Need a substitute for M-551 Sheridan - 2/12/2018 12:32:45 PM   
Gunner98

I think the Scorpion 90 is your best bet - or either a PT-76 or AMX-13. They're the only other light tanks I can see in the DB, may have missed some. I think there is a couple wheeled light gun carriers like the Striker MGS and the French ERC-90 as well.

I don't think the MGM-51 Shillelagh missile is in there either though.

B

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 2
RE: Need a substitute for M-551 Sheridan - 2/12/2018 8:11:46 PM   
Coiler12

If you don't mind an anachronistic unit, use the 2S25 Sprut-SD. It's what I've used to stand in for the later, cancelled M8s in a few of my editor experiments

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 3
RE: Need a substitute for M-551 Sheridan - 2/13/2018 12:58:35 AM   
TyeeBanzai

If you could create them. Spawn #2983 Armored -- Generic (Army), add 152mm m/12E-03 Coastal Gun, add Type 79 Jyu-Mat, add 12.7mm/50 MG, and rename it "Vehicle (M-551 Sheridan).

The down side is it will only carry four missiles, have 250 conventional gun rounds, no HEAT ammo, have less armor than in real life (it won't be able to withstand 7.62mm MG fire), and an unhistorical amount of .50 cal ammo.

Either that, if the units won't even be firing at all, just spawn in the Generic Armored and rename it M551. Personally I find this better than using a stand in, so long as the unit won't be participating in the action. It is up to you however.

(in reply to Coiler12)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Need a substitute for M-551 Sheridan Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI