Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is there a way??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Is there a way?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is there a way?? - 2/13/2018 3:11:55 AM   
Charbroiled

Damn...are you people still here? I played this game quite a bit back in the day and went cold turkey around 2012. Not sure if I was very memorable, but I was also a fairly regular forum junkie at the time. I see some familiar names still posting on this site. (Hey all!!)

Anyway, my question:

I got the game up and running an everything seems to work well, but is there anyway to make the map a little smaller so that it covers more land? I am an old fart with eyes going bad, but dang!!! I don't really need it that big.

It seems like there was a way back when I played it before (extended maps???), but maybe my memory is going bad as well in my old age.

My switches: -f –pxf1920 –pyf1080 -deepColor -dd_sw -archive -multiaudio -altFont -skipVideo

< Message edited by Charbroiled -- 2/13/2018 3:15:26 AM >

"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange
Post #: 1
RE: Is there a way?? - 2/13/2018 3:39:39 AM   
Canoerebel

Hey, Charbroiled. I remember you. There are still a lot of old timers around, and others that pop in and out repeatedly, with large gaps between visits. You haven't been forgotten!

I can't help you, 'cause I'm a tech dunce, but others will come along in short order and fill you in.

(in reply to Charbroiled)
Post #: 2
RE: Is there a way?? - 2/13/2018 3:51:43 AM   
John 3rd

Dan is a very OLD timer...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 3
RE: Is there a way?? - 2/13/2018 4:00:34 AM   
Charbroiled

Yes, I remember you Canoe and you John as well. Good to see both of you are still around and sinking ships. I started to get the urge to satisfy my OCD with a little solo play and face an old addiction.

I am using the 24 update. Does the 26 beta make any major changes? If not, I may just stay on 24.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 4
RE: Is there a way?? - 2/13/2018 4:06:29 AM   
Canoerebel

I think the 26 beta made some good changes.

Hey, you should get in touch with Bullwinkle and challenge him to a game. The poor guy just celebrated a landmark birthday (he didn't admit which one, which means he's 50) and is trying to adjust to an end-of-life view of how to spend his remaining time on earth. He needs a vigorous opponent to get his blood flowing again, else he'll end up sitting at the Mall of America, casting come-hither looks at younger, 47-year-old women.

Post #: 5
RE: Is there a way?? - 2/13/2018 4:10:34 AM   
Charbroiled

Not sure if I'm ready to go back to PBEM yet. We'll see if the solo game keeps my interest first.

One of the first things I need to do is create a music playlist and turn off that damn stock music. It is giving me flashbacks...lol.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 6
RE: Is there a way?? - 2/13/2018 7:44:32 AM   
RichardAckermann

I recommend Glenn Miller for playing the allies.

Post #: 7
RE: Is there a way?? - 2/14/2018 10:11:33 AM   
Blackhorse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

I think the 26 beta made some good changes.

Hey, you should get in touch with Bullwinkle and challenge him to a game. The poor guy just celebrated a landmark birthday (he didn't admit which one, which means he's 50) and is trying to adjust to an end-of-life view of how to spend his remaining time on earth. He needs a vigorous opponent to get his blood flowing again, else he'll end up sitting at the Mall of America, casting come-hither looks at younger, 47-year-old women.

WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Is there a way?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI