Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario Editor - How to use Place Mode/Change Sides???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> Tech Support >> Scenario Editor - How to use Place Mode/Change Sides??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario Editor - How to use Place Mode/Change Sides??? - 2/18/2018 12:38:13 AM   
bruce20

I'm building my first scenario and found nothing in the manual about placing units. Finally figured out to place for side A, but how for side B? Seems like a critical section of the manual is missing for placement, setting reinforcements, changing sides. The Scenario Sides dialogue makes no intuitive sense (it shows all countries and cannot isolate side a & side b). Note that I successfully setup a map file and org file, but can anyone tell me where to look for these steps?? I looked and haven't found it so far in the manual. Thanks, very much appreciated!

Post #: 1
RE: Scenario Editor - How to use Place Mode/Change Side... - 2/18/2018 10:16:54 AM   
Oberst_Klink

Attached a slide. I will try to add more slides and information (as supplement to the manual) if you and others require it.

Klink, Oberst

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Oberst_Klink -- 2/18/2018 12:37:58 PM >

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to bruce20)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario Editor - How to use Place Mode/Change Side... - 2/18/2018 12:43:49 PM   
bruce20

Oberst, thank you! I always appreciate your instructional graphics for TOAW4 & CSME. Part of my issue was seeing "Side A Turn" at the left bottom of the screen all of the time. So I finally figured out the Scenario/Sides dialogue which has ALL of the CSME countries listed. You just have to sort each one of them as Side A or Side B, even if they are not used in the scenario. The manual also emphasized picking Leaders for your organizations, but where are these located? - I discovered they are at the platoon level.

I am now looking in the manual on how to add an exit-based objective (point-based, no problem) moving hopefully up (and not down or sideways) on the learning curve.

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario Editor - How to use Place Mode/Change Side... - 2/18/2018 12:58:10 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: bruce20

Oberst, thank you! I always appreciate your instructional graphics for TOAW4 & CSME. Part of my issue was seeing "Side A Turn" at the left bottom of the screen all of the time. So I finally figured out the Scenario/Sides dialogue which has ALL of the CSME countries listed. You just have to sort each one of them as Side A or Side B, even if they are not used in the scenario. The manual also emphasized picking Leaders for your organizations, but where are these located? - I discovered they are at the platoon level.

I am now looking in the manual on how to add an exit-based objective (point-based, no problem) moving hopefully up (and not down or sideways) on the learning curve.

Bruce

I do admit, that one has to get used with the three different editors; alas we're not living in a perfect world. However, that gives me ample opportunities to create... tutorials :)

Commanders are found in the <b>Platoon</b> selection in the Org-Editor.

So, when in doubt, ask the Kraut! :)

Klink, Oberst

Attachment (1)

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to bruce20)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario Editor - How to use Place Mode/Change Side... - 2/19/2018 6:42:06 PM   
Oberst_Klink

As promised... in the making.

Klink, Oberst

Attachment (1)

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> Tech Support >> Scenario Editor - How to use Place Mode/Change Sides??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI