Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Simultaneous fire from attacking tanks?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Simultaneous fire from attacking tanks? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Simultaneous fire from attacking tanks? - 6/4/2001 5:30:00 PM   
McDrum

Gentlemen: Perhaps this question is in some previous thread. If so, please tell me. I am newbie in this forum and my search was not enough to make me understand. I have problem with SPWAW 5.0.1 to prepare and develop a saturation fire over some area or ennemy units. Most of times I am a Soviet or American commander, with my tanks outnumbering some ennemy armor units. I am unable of getting my own tanks attacking simultaneously the german isolated tank. Mi idea is to have my two or three tanks rear or side attacking, but I only am able to get an attack, then another and so on. This is when having ON the opportunity fire. I guess this is due to the IGOUGO way of life in SPWAW, but perhaps you, gentlemen, have an idea about what I'm doing wrong, an how I can manage to have my tanks attacking at the same time the ennemy. Thanks McDrum :confused:

Post #: 1
- 6/4/2001 5:54:00 PM   
Warrior

No cure for it, I'm afraid. Only one unit can fire at a time, giving the targeted enemy a chance to return fire. (Or if there is a way, I've never discovered it.) Many times I have also wished I could have multiple units concentrate fire on a target at the same time. The Opportunity Fire preference doesn't have anything to do with that. It simply gives you the chance to decide whether to have a particular unit fire at a particular enemy target. By setting the delay longer, you can have longer to decide if you want to shoot at those crewman with your tank, or wait until the targeting line rotates to that enemy tank - as an example. I always play with it "off" by setting the delay to zero, so my units will fire at any available target during the AI's turn.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to McDrum)
Post #: 2
- 6/5/2001 3:03:00 AM   
lnp4668

Well, everytime the enemy switched target, it lost its accuracy bonus, so never attacks the enemy twice, causing them to switch targets constantly. Sooner or later, they will die or run out of opfire.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to McDrum)
Post #: 3
- 6/5/2001 9:35:00 AM   
Warrior

quote:

Originally posted by lnp4668: Well, everytime the enemy switched target, it lost its accuracy bonus, so never attacks the enemy twice, causing them to switch targets constantly. Sooner or later, they will die or run out of opfire.
Exactly! In the desert I would be firing with a line of tanks, but never fire the same tank twice in a row.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to McDrum)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Simultaneous fire from attacking tanks? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI