Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Life is good so I'll mail 10 CD's to people

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Life is good so I'll mail 10 CD's to people Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Life is good so I'll mail 10 CD's to people - 6/5/2001 12:28:00 AM   
Tom_Davie

Most of the time I'm in a pissant rotten mood, but at the moment the Gods are smiling on me, so I'm offering to mail out 10 SP:WAW cd's to people completely free of charge. Reason: I've got more blank CD's than I know what to do with, and I'm going down on vacation to the States at the end of June where the postage is cheaper. Qualifications: you've got to live in the States or Canada (sorry, but I am not willing to mail overseas). When will they be mailed out? When I head down to the States at the end of June (sometime between June 30th, and July 10th). Wow Tom; you're such a nice guy, how do I get in on this? Simple; the first ten people to reply in *this* thread get the CD's. Assuming you've left me a valid email address, I'll contact you when I get home tonight (about 12 hours or so), and then you can give me your snail mail address. This is for the complete version 5.01 game. Tom over and out

Post #: 1
- 6/5/2001 1:10:00 AM   
MagicBoy

Wow, what a nice gesture. I'd love to take advantage of your genorisity but I just downloaded SP:WAW from the site. Thanks just the same, though.

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 2
- 6/5/2001 1:44:00 AM   
Dan Bozza

ABSOLUTELY!! Will gladly take you up on your offer! My email address is in my profile. :D :D :D

"Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means."

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 3
- 6/5/2001 2:54:00 AM   
KG Erwin

Hey, I'm in. What a wonderful gesture for Father's Day (and my birthday, which is June 17!). My e address is ghiggin41@aol.com. Thanks in advance!

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 4
- 6/5/2001 6:30:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Nobility still exists in the world. You're a good man, Tom Davie. You're going to make avid SPWAW fans very happy! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 5
- 6/5/2001 7:42:00 AM   
davidcarrell

I do appreciate the offer but one of the other players (REMF) mailed me one already. Wild Bill your right about the nobility of players in SPWAW.

MSG Jerry M. "Mad Dog" Shriver US Special Forces 24 APR 69 Cambodia *POW/MIA* You Are Not Forgotten www.taskforceomegainc.org

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 6
- 6/5/2001 8:11:00 AM   
jjc424

I certainly would like to take you up on your kind offer. It is good to see that there are still nice guys out there. thanks jcook424@hotmail.com [ June 05, 2001: Message edited by: jjc424 ]

Let us cross over the river and rest under the shade of the trees.

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 7
- 6/5/2001 8:56:00 AM   
pbhawkin1

Thanks for the offer but as i live in outback NSW AUSTRALIA I guess I will A) wait for the MC disk to ship B) continue to download @ 33.6k C) cry. Regards Peter

Regards

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 8
- 6/5/2001 1:22:00 PM   
88mm

hiltonchim@hotmail.com thanks, you're a great guy.

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 9
- 6/5/2001 1:40:00 PM   
Mai Thai

Well done Tom_Davie I am going to do the same thing but only for people from europe (western and eastern) provide me with a valid e-mail address and mail your request at dmanighetti@dplanet.ch I dont have the full version 5.01 but i can provide the version 4.0 plus upgrades up to version 5.01 (almost as long as the mega campaign cd with v. 5.0 full will arrive at my home)

-- occupy it, administer it, exploit it

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 10
- 6/6/2001 6:15:00 AM   
KG Erwin

I want to thank you publicly, Tom, for your generosity. I'll name my next male child after you (and hopefully my wife will never find out who the mother was)! :D When I can buy the mega campaign, I'll pass the CD along to another potential SPWaW convert. You do the community proud. Salute! :)

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 11
- 6/6/2001 7:04:00 AM   
Gumby3D

Hehehehe Bill doesn't count! (or does he??? :spooky music in the background :) You truly are a noble man, this is much appreciated, I'm on the less fortunate side when it comes to CDs, I spent too much money on my fancy computer and I can't afford blank cds... So it's like, Games, or empty cds, hmmm... I think you can figure which I choose most of the time. Thanks tons mate =c) gumby@cablelan.net Cheers ~Chris [ June 05, 2001: Message edited by: Gumby3D ]

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 12
- 6/6/2001 10:58:00 AM   
Paul

If there's still room left on list I'd appreciate receiving one of your CDs. Another unselfish gamer from Oklahoma made a v4.5 CD for me while under a massive assault from a very angry "mother nature" last year. Many thanks to gamers like you and my friend, Bascom.

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 13
- 6/6/2001 11:37:00 AM   
Tom_Davie

There are 3 spots left for free CD's. Just thought I'd let people know. I will mail the CD's on or about July 1rst. I'm travelling down through North Dakota, into the badlands of South Dakota and camping 5 miles away from Mount Rushmore for the 3rd, 4th and 5th if anyone wants to drop by for a beer (there's a brewpub 1/3 of a mile away from the KOA). I'm also going to be stopping in Pierre, SD for the National Guard museum, Custer Park, maybe the Custer Battlefield and several other places I've always wanted to visit (and it's a bloody shame I never have, considering I live only an 8 hour drive from the Badlands). Overall trip length is approx 12 days. But the kicker is the fireworks display at Rushmore on the 4th. It rocks. Anyways, I'm starting to ramble, so I'll over and out. We'll be driving a 1988 dark blue Ford Taurus, and there are 4 of us; myself, my girlfriend and the 2 dogs (one black standard poodle, and one white sheltie/poodle cross). I will have some good beer if anyone drops by. Tom

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 14
- 6/6/2001 11:25:00 PM   
ZONER

I'll take you up on your offer. I have an oler 4.1 version and would have to download the files on my 28.8 modem which took me two days when it was only 320 MB I woud hate to see what it would take me now. My E-mail address is kayle.stettner@searbrown.com. And thanks for being in a good mood.

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 15
- 6/6/2001 11:52:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I suggest putting your offer up as a separate post, Mai Thai. Some will not read down far enough to see it. This is very kind of you. We have a great group of caring wargamers here! Thanks...WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 16
- 6/7/2001 12:28:00 AM   
Tom_Davie

Zoner; you'ev been included. There is *1* more open spot. Assuming I have any money left in August, I might do this again. I will include version 5.01 and any update that is posted between now and my mailing date. I'll also post here when I see that the last spot is taken. Tom

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 17
- 6/7/2001 2:13:00 AM   
Shacker

Hi, Tom, I'm new to this site and am just getting the hang of navigating it. Wild Bill said you're sending out CDs with SPWaW. I sent you an email regarding getting one. Thanks.
quote:

Originally posted by Tom_Davie: Most of the time I'm in a pissant rotten mood, but at the moment the Gods are smiling on me, so I'm offering to mail out 10 SP:WAW cd's to people completely free of charge. Reason: I've got more blank CD's than I know what to do with, and I'm going down on vacation to the States at the end of June where the postage is cheaper. Qualifications: you've got to live in the States or Canada (sorry, but I am not willing to mail overseas). When will they be mailed out? When I head down to the States at the end of June (sometime between June 30th, and July 10th). Wow Tom; you're such a nice guy, how do I get in on this? Simple; the first ten people to reply in *this* thread get the CD's. Assuming you've left me a valid email address, I'll contact you when I get home tonight (about 12 hours or so), and then you can give me your snail mail address. This is for the complete version 5.01 game. Tom over and out
:eek: :eek:

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 18
- 6/7/2001 3:41:00 AM   
Tom_Davie

Otter got the last CD. I will probably do this again in August if I have money left over from my beer adventures in July :) I'll be making them (and testing to see if they install ok) before I leave for my holidays on the 30th of June. The CD's for the Canucks as well as for the Yanks will likely be mailed from Rapid City, South Dakota. Yes, it does cost more to mail a CD from Manitoba to other parts of Canada than from some places in the US to Canada :) If they go out on the 2nd of July, you should get them by the 10th of July. I'll email each and every one of you just before I leave for my trip. But, I won't be back before the 12th. Tom

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 19
- 6/7/2001 4:26:00 AM   
fontenoy

Tom Davie, You are to be congratulated on your generosity.It is just one more sterling example of what makes this such a fine board. Regards, Fontenoy. P.S.I already have version 5.01 and a highspeed cable modem,so please do not construe this as an attempt to get a CD.I just feel that an act of kindness such as this shoudn't go unremarked.

(in reply to Tom_Davie)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Life is good so I'll mail 10 CD's to people Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI