Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

West Front Omaha East Scenario Editing Issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> West Front Omaha East Scenario Editing Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
West Front Omaha East Scenario Editing Issues - 3/5/2018 6:57:53 AM   
dfcram99

When i play West Front(the "Get off the Beach" scenario), i always end up with 105 Howitzers stuck on the beach that i can't be used because they are in water. I've tried to find carriers to move them and none of the halftracks on the map are capable of getting the job done. I've tried to edit the scenario inorder to add 2.5 ton trucks as carriers but every time i open the Forces Dialog Box and highlight the equipment i desire, the Forces Dialog box automatically unhighlights the equipment selected when i attempt to add reinforcements(these 2.5 ton trucks should arrive at the same time the 105 Howitzers do).

I've also attempted to add Off Board artillery in the form of Naval 5" guns(which are available according to the Forces Dialog box) but the very same thing happens.

Any help would really be appreciated!
Post #: 1
RE: West Front Omaha East Scenario Editing Issues - 3/5/2018 8:08:53 AM   
Big Ivan

Hi dfcram99,

Looks like the trucks for the 105mm are there in the org file under 7th/1 Field Artillery Battalion but you don't
have any LCM (Landing Craft Mechanized) to land them on the beach. You would need to either add the LCM's to the org file
under the 7th/1 Field Artillery or place the trucks right on a beach hex as a reinforcement at a later turn.
Reinforcements coming in on water need to be in some kind of landing craft or they will be automatically lost or worse yet
it might crash the scenario when your playing it.

Off board artillery 5" Naval Guns. Looks like there are 3 batteries already in the scenario. There is a fourth one available
to add per the org file. The three already there are at coordinates(hexes) 5,27; 17,27; and 7,27. These hexes are all off-map to the bottom.
To add the 4th battery you have to go thru the settings menu and then Add Off Board Artillery. But be careful it gets tricky here. Three are
already committed and the 4th one isn't. You don't want to click (highlight) a battery in the org file that is already committed or the scenario
won't work properly. My guess its probably the last battery in the org file list that is not committed. But that's only a guess. To be safe
you probably want to delete the 3 off board batteries committed and then reintroduce them (all 4 this time) using Add Off Board Artillery under
the settings menu. To delete the ones there, again go through the Settings Menu under Delete Off Board Artillery.

Let me know how it turns out.
Cheers!

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to dfcram99)
Post #: 2
RE: West Front Omaha East Scenario Editing Issues - 3/6/2018 6:34:52 PM   
dfcram99

Hi Big Ivan,

Thanks for your help with this problem! I was able to successfully add that fourth off shore naval gun(it was the last one listed in the Forces Dialog box). But adding those three trucks(or the trucks & landing craft)now that's another story. Is there a way to view what units are in the reinforcement group? I have no idea whether i've successfully added the trucks and landing craft. With the Naval gun, i was able to confirm by starting the scenario and looking at the Artillery Dialog box right off the bat.

Dfcram99

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 3
RE: West Front Omaha East Scenario Editing Issues - 3/7/2018 8:29:05 AM   
Big Ivan

Good to hear the artillery issue got resolved dfcram99!

If I understand what you are asking about the trucks and LCM's its pretty easy.

Go to the settings menu again and click on it. The second entry down is View/Delete reinforcements. Click on that.
A list of reinforcements will come up.
These are listed by turn/[%chance of arrival]/at[location in map coordinate]/Nationality[Axis/Allies] and finally /what it is, [example Landing Craft Vehicle Personnel].

If you double click on any of those entries it will show you what is in that reinforcement group. I believe units loaded appear underneath the listed transport unit.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Good Luck!
Big Ivan

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to dfcram99)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> West Front Omaha East Scenario Editing Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI