Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Windows 10

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Windows 10 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows 10 - 3/12/2018 3:36:53 AM   
meechsem

Love this game, but wondering if there are any plans to upgrade the engine, or create a new Pac theater. Grigsby has the best war games. Been playing them since the C64 days.
A new updated Pac theater would be awesome.
Post #: 1
RE: Windows 10 - 3/12/2018 4:20:18 AM   
Korvar

The sequel topic has been covered many times; the TLDR is: No, there will not be a sequel to WitP:AE. That said, WitP:AE works very well in Windows 10 if you take the time to configure it to the particulars of your computer.

Just about everyone here would love to see a new version as we've all thought about how to make the game even better than it already is. A new game would have to be a completely separate development from WitP:AE though. Matrix could perhaps publish it if all parties agreed, but that's about it. The only hope is for a benefactor with deep pockets to come along and fund the development of a game with a similar concept and attention to detail. Maybe one of us will hit the lottery?

(in reply to meechsem)
Post #: 2
RE: Windows 10 - 3/12/2018 6:09:42 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Korvar

The sequel topic has been covered many times; the TLDR is: No, there will not be a sequel to WitP:AE. That said, WitP:AE works very well in Windows 10 if you take the time to configure it to the particulars of your computer.

Just about everyone here would love to see a new version as we've all thought about how to make the game even better than it already is. A new game would have to be a completely separate development from WitP:AE though. Matrix could perhaps publish it if all parties agreed, but that's about it. The only hope is for a benefactor with deep pockets to come along and fund the development of a game with a similar concept and attention to detail. Maybe one of us will hit the lottery?

I hear the winner of the big Powerball Jackpot (something around $670 MILLION USD!) wants to give $50 million to charity. Anyone here want to set up a charity for WITP-AE Addicts Anonymous and make the pitch to her? We could show pictures of disheveled, bleary-eyed player in desperate need of a shower and shave and clean clothes! And nutritious food! And less strong drink! And a life beyond the screen!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 3
RE: Windows 10 - 3/12/2018 8:51:00 AM   
adarbrauner

The real charity would be to free us from the addiction...

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Windows 10 - 3/12/2018 8:07:35 PM   
dcpollay

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

I hear the winner of the big Powerball Jackpot (something around $670 MILLION USD!) wants to give $50 million to charity. Anyone here want to set up a charity for WITP-AE Addicts Anonymous and make the pitch to her? We could show pictures of disheveled, bleary-eyed player in desperate need of a shower and shave and clean clothes! And nutritious food! And less strong drink! And a life beyond the screen!

Don't forget the lonely-looking children and some sad puppies....

"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Windows 10 - 3/13/2018 5:07:38 AM   
rockmedic109

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

Can't claim the game did it to me. I was disheveled, bleary-eyed and in need of a shower, shave and clean clothes long before WITP. And I still am.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Windows 10 - 3/16/2018 12:16:34 AM   
WStriker

For those of you that are still having trouble running the game on Window 10, add the following to your target line.

-altFont -archive -deepColor -px1920 -py1080 -SingleCpuOrders

Right click on your desktop short cut for the game, click on properties. In the "target" window you will see the following: "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" (C: is the drive you are using)
Highlight the portion listed above and (ctrl + C to copy, then crtl + V to paste) paste it in so it looks like what is in bold italics, then click apply. You shouldn't have anymore trouble with the game on Win 10. I have no lag or word smear anymore, the game is completely smooth running. Enjoy!

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Windows 10 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI