Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sleepless on Samoa: Signing off (open thread)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Sleepless on Samoa: Signing off (open thread) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sleepless on Samoa: Signing off (open thread) - 3/12/2018 9:18:29 PM   
wneumann

Summary of Operations: the Post-Game Show

quote:

I’ve yet to formally announce “Game Over” as of this posting, that announcement is shortly to come. For some time I’ve realized playing this campaign has been a losing cause but continued in the determination to play out my remaining (Allied) options.

Since getting back and reviewing the current game turn, it became apparent that this campaign has evolved into something that was no longer competitive. It’s time to walk away.

I’m doing only a partial summary of actions occurring during this game turn, covering the two actions that proved to be the tipping point in “Game Over”. Please pardon my level of frustration.

After nearly eight years (in RL time) of playing this PBEM, declaring “Game Over” was not the easiest choice given my investment of time and effort to date. It simply reached a point where the game was no longer worth any further investment in playing it.

I congratulate Pillager on his win. A well-played game on your part and you made the best of the opportunities presented to you.

Being an AFB and the minority opinion in a JFB-dominated forum, I question the possibility of discussion here that goes beyond heckling and trash talk at this time. I would welcome any productive discussion about the game with regard either to AE in general or specifically my own campaign experience. I have archived save files and report txt files from 12/8/41 and definitely would make this material available.

< Message edited by wneumann -- 3/12/2018 9:19:43 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Sleepless on Samoa: Signing off (open thread) - 3/19/2018 8:39:15 PM   
jolly_pillager

Just saw this post and must say it is surprising considering the success of your recent air campaign in reducing the Japanese air forces in Rabaul.

I am very open to a discussion on what went well, what went less well and so on about the overall game, of course. It has been a long haul to this point for sure.

(in reply to wneumann)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Sleepless on Samoa: Signing off (open thread) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI