Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Screen size foul up...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Screen size foul up... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Screen size foul up... - 3/4/2018 1:29:35 AM   
Rusty1961

Okay, I updated to .26b and how I lost my screen size and now the game, in mini-window, is unplayable.

So I scanned the forums, created a new shortcut which I placed on my desktop, updated the property to:

CMatrix GamesWar in the Pacific Admiral's EditionWar in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe -altFont -px1920 -py1080 -skipVideo -SingleCpuOrders -cpu2

And when I run it I get the error message: Error: Could not find data file.

Any help appreciated
Post #: 1
RE: Screen size foul up... - 3/4/2018 2:14:21 AM   
Korvar

The path posted is incorrect, it should be:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -SingleCpuStart -cpu2 -fd -pxf1920 -pyf1080 -deepColor -dd_sw -altFont -skipVideo -archive

Although you may have it correct in the desktop shortcut and perhaps something got garbled when copying it to your post. Even if the punctuation is correct in the actual shortcut, it's still missing a critical piece - the "Beta2" subdirectory where the beta resides (i.e. version .26b). That said, even a path to the WitP:AE main directory should still work... it will just run the official release instead of the beta; the beta and official releases coexist rather than the beta replacing the official release.

Note I added the -fd, -dd_sw, and the -deepColor switches. You can change -fd (Fullscreen, daily autosave) to something else if you prefer, and -deepColor can be deleted if you prefer to exclude it. You probably want to keep the dd_sw, as it's the swtich that typically resolves interface lag (except in some cases on Windows 10 versions 1709+).

However, this is a happy coincidence. You get to be my guinea pig! I've been working in my spare time to produce a 1st release of my WitP:AE configuration app, SeaBee. I've created two game shortcuts using SeaBee for you to try, and have attached them as a .zip file. One shortcut is to run the beta, and the other is to run the official WitP:AE.

Double check that I got the file path correct... I had to do some minor guesswork, but I'm fairly confident I got it or am close. In any case, the shortcuts provided should be a solid template that you can perhaps make the final tweaks to make them perfect.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Korvar -- 3/4/2018 3:04:51 AM >

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 2
RE: Screen size foul up... - 3/4/2018 2:25:53 PM   
Rusty1961

It worked like a charm. Thanks.

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 3
RE: Screen size foul up... - 3/4/2018 7:36:40 PM   
Korvar

Good to hear. You're welcome.

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 4
RE: Screen size foul up... - 3/19/2018 1:38:32 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

The switch -skipVideo can be skipped if you just delete the vid from the folder. Why keeping it when no one wants to see it. The loading screen will just appear if there is no vid.

Greetings from an old fart in this game.

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 5
RE: Screen size foul up... - 3/21/2018 5:43:30 AM   
Korvar

That's a good idea, although I have to admit that every once in awhile I watch the intro video in a video player.

Also, good to see one of the "old guard" still around.

(in reply to Oliver Heindorf)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Screen size foul up... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI