Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Game recommendation?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Game recommendation? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Game recommendation? - 12/23/2016 2:19:29 AM   
radic202

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

If you want a game that allows random creation try Advanced Tactics Gold.

I agree with this recommendation wholeheartedly!

It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 31
RE: Game recommendation? - 3/21/2018 8:09:56 AM   
Natasha18

Lineage Eternal - This is a new project, which is closely intertwined with past releases. Fans of the so-called "line" are eagerly waiting for the developers to finish working on its creation, in order to enjoy the updated graphics, get new tasks and fight with more frightening creatures. On the Internet, a trailer of toys has already appeared and from it the fans have concluded that this part will be something like "Diablo". However, this is completely wrong. Players will be able to feel all the delights of MMORPG, discover various elements that were not previously in the project. From the information received from developers, it becomes known that the virtual world will be split into huge zones. It can accommodate more than 500 people at a time. In addition to the main world, the game will include dungeons, where the structure will change every time by itself. In this place, gamers can be either alone or with a group of like-minded people.

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 32
RE: Game recommendation? - 3/21/2018 8:21:41 AM   
zakblood

Natasha18, welcome to the forum, but this seems more of a spam post or advert for a game?

is it your's or for someone you know etc?

as either way it's not recommended to post about games from elsewhere as adverts for them, as for one, it's not a war game, has nothing to do with the site or post, so is not only off topic, but a poor first post.

multiplayer online role-playing game so spam tbh

you will now be watched closely and any repeat posts will be classed as spam and your posts and accounts will be removed / banned, so have a nice day, stay and follow the rules and threads and talk about anything, but not off topic or promoting stuff from elsewhere on a war gaming site who mostly won't care one bit about the type of game your adverting

< Message edited by zakblood -- 3/21/2018 8:25:25 AM >

(in reply to Natasha18)
Post #: 33
RE: Game recommendation? - 3/21/2018 8:24:24 AM   
Natasha18

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

Natasha18, welcome to the forum, but this seems more of a spam post or advert for a game?

is it your's or for someone you know etc?

as either way it's not recommended to post about games from elsewhere as adverts for them, as for one, it's not a war game, has nothing to do with the site or post, so is not only off topic, but a poor first post.

multiplayer online role-playing game so spam tbh

Here we discuss the recommendations of the games. So I recommended. Excuse me. I will not do it again)

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 34
RE: Game recommendation? - 3/21/2018 8:25:50 AM   
zakblood

ok no worries

(in reply to Natasha18)
Post #: 35
RE: Game recommendation? - 3/21/2018 8:27:11 AM   
zakblood

quote:

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to Matrix and Slitherine games. I was wondering if those here who know their collection well could recommend one to me?

Here are some basic principles I like to see in games:

1. Randomization. I don't really like to see the same thing happen every game. I like the AI to be different each time.
2. Replay value. Similar to point one, I value a game where you can spend many hours in it and continue to be intrigued by it.
3. Historical accuracy. I like games to be historically accurate, for example in World War II, not having the Axis producing Allied planes, etc.
4. Time period. I am most intrigued by the time period of 1914 (World War I) to 1945 (end of World War II). I am also heavily intrigued by the American Revolutionary War and the American Civil War time periods. Don't feel limited by this though, as I'm completely open to any time period. I am quite a history buff, so I enjoy learning about all facets of history!

Of course there can be some discrepancies from the above points when suggesting a game. I don't expect to find the "perfect" game, but those are just some main prospects that I think add a lot to a game.

So, what do you guys think? Any recommendations?

this is what's the thread starter has asked for, regarding recommendations, and was the reason i jumped on your post tbh

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 36
RE: Game recommendation? - 3/22/2018 7:32:09 PM   
hingram

I have been playing lots of The Operational Art of War IV. I like the flexibility to move from the American Civil War to Modern Times. The AI is smart but playing a human is better. TOAW has been around a long time so there are lots of scenarios for it.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 37
RE: Game recommendation? - 3/23/2018 8:40:06 AM   
Cryfindor

Battlefront and WW2 are probably your best bet.

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind. Joyce Meyer

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Game recommendation? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI