Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Research / Scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Research / Scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Research / Scenarios - 3/30/2018 1:41:11 PM   
Gunja

Hi,

while I am playing and enjoying the game, I have one question and two requests for the further development or expansions.

1. In the research screen, you have a number in brackets and when the number is reached, it gets red. So this means, that you can´t do any research further, than that, right? (Maybe I missed this out in the manual, but I am not sure)

2. What I would really like to see coming back, are the Weapons and Warfare type scenarios. Obviously, most of the time you play the campaign, but sometimes these scenarios are really fun (Spanish Civil War for example, or single military operations like Fall Weiss). I think that this would be a great thing for an upcoming expansion, especially since with all the improvements that we now have in the game it tends to be a little more complicated and also longer. To be honest, I sometimes start a campaign in one of the older versions, simple because it is much faster even if everything else has of course much improved.

3. Is there a possibility to implement an open end possibility for the campaign? Sometimes the end of the game might feel a little bit undecisive, and I would just like to see, if I am really loosing (or winning for that matter).

Gunja
Post #: 1
RE: Research / Scenarios - 3/30/2018 4:52:58 PM   
PvtBenjamin

1) Yes red means maximum research has been achieved. The maximum is also in the parenthesis to right of cost.

2) I'm not familiar with weapons & warfare. Panzer Corp (individual battles) may fit the bill for what you are looking for but I'm not sure. The PBEM game is quite a bit faster than the AI. PBEM also much more difficult and you are subject to your opponents frequency of playing. PBEM was frustrating for me when I first started because I got obliterated many times. I'm decent at it now and its much fun vs the right opponent.

3)Most PBEM games are settled by 1947. Its very rare that they aren't. My recollection was in older SC you could turn off time limit in AI not sure here.

In the "do as I say not as I do" category A quick read of the manual might be very beneficial

Enjoy the game

(in reply to Gunja)
Post #: 2
RE: Research / Scenarios - 3/30/2018 9:43:07 PM   
Gunja

Thank you for the answer. Actually I always regarded Panzer Corps to be on something between the tactical and the strategical level but certainly not grand strategy. The scenarios in older SC versions on the other hand always felt much more grand strategy to me, even when they were shorter - probably because logistics and sometimes production plays a much bigger role. Anyway - still hoping there will be some scenarios in an expansion.

By the way I did read the manual, I just forget some details in it - and sometimes I just can´t remember and can´t find the information. This might be the only downside with a informative and well written manual like in the old times .

Cheers,

Gunja

(in reply to Gunja)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Research / Scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI