Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Korean War Tutorial - Chinese conveyor belt

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> The War Room >> Korean War Tutorial - Chinese conveyor belt Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Korean War Tutorial - Chinese conveyor belt - 2/22/2018 7:55:53 AM   
Kukailimoku

Hi all,

Noob TOAW player here, IV is my first foray into this engine/franchise.

Playing only the Tutorial (Korean War) so far. Have massive trouble with the ChiComs.

I'm doing several bold amphibious enveloping grand maneuvers - all of which are absolutely awesome, thank you very much. The first one obviously cuts LOC, traps, and destroys in detail the NoKo armies. Then the Soviets come in with some pretty strong mechanized units and stop me just north of the "Z". I flank-amphib behind em again, Sovs gone. As I approach Pyongyang, the Chi Coms rush in with some insanely ludicrously fat units and stop me just short of Pyongyang. I amphib-flank em again - from both coasts (who says Marines have a monopoly on amphib expertise?! The Army's straight-leg divisions can do it just as well!!!). Boom, grab Pyongyang after trapping and decimating the ChiComs.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

However.....
Eventually my troops just get fatigued, health and supplies drop, combat power lowers... Seems like the fraking ChiComs continually pump out more and more and more units as fast as I destroy em! A little over a year into game time I find that my forces don't have enough time to rest and regain strength and do the next amphib-flank before the ChiComs close with em and grab em by the nose, keeping em tied up.

So my question is, do the ChiComs ever run out of troops? Is there a place on the map I need to occupy to turn off the Chinese spigot? Or am I inevitably destined - at some point - to simply linearly defend and Fortify?

Them damn human wave conveyor belts got me whoop'd...
Post #: 1
RE: Korean War Tutorial - Chinese conveyor belt - 2/23/2018 6:23:03 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kukailimoku
Hi all,

Noob TOAW player here, IV is my first foray into this engine/franchise.

Playing only the Tutorial (Korean War) so far. Have massive trouble with the ChiComs.

I'm doing several bold amphibious enveloping grand maneuvers - all of which are absolutely awesome, thank you very much. The first one obviously cuts LOC, traps, and destroys in detail the NoKo armies. Then the Soviets come in with some pretty strong mechanized units and stop me just north of the "Z". I flank-amphib behind em again, Sovs gone. As I approach Pyongyang, the Chi Coms rush in with some insanely ludicrously fat units and stop me just short of Pyongyang. I amphib-flank em again - from both coasts (who says Marines have a monopoly on amphib expertise?! The Army's straight-leg divisions can do it just as well!!!). Boom, grab Pyongyang after trapping and decimating the ChiComs.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

However.....
Eventually my troops just get fatigued, health and supplies drop, combat power lowers... Seems like the fraking ChiComs continually pump out more and more and more units as fast as I destroy em! A little over a year into game time I find that my forces don't have enough time to rest and regain strength and do the next amphib-flank before the ChiComs close with em and grab em by the nose, keeping em tied up.

So my question is, do the ChiComs ever run out of troops? Is there a place on the map I need to occupy to turn off the Chinese spigot? Or am I inevitably destined - at some point - to simply linearly defend and Fortify?

Them damn human wave conveyor belts got me whoop'd...

I feel your pain. I'm playing Korea 1950-1953 right now and I've only just started but
there seems to be an inordinate number of them. Maybe if you capture the hex(es) they appear
in the game from they will stop coming. And don't be afraid to blow the bridges and put your
heavy bombers on INT missions. Stuff like that.

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to Kukailimoku)
Post #: 2
RE: Korean War Tutorial - Chinese conveyor belt - 3/31/2018 12:10:46 AM   
NickD

This was exactly the problem the UN forces historically faced... Once China intervened in the war, a stalemate was the only possible outcome.

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 3
RE: Korean War Tutorial - Chinese conveyor belt - 6/20/2018 3:44:03 AM   
jsqdcsq

Chinese forces in Korea 50-51 (or Tutorial) scenario are weak, poor armed. Although they have massive replacements, UN forces still can push forward slowly.
If u play the North side, u would understand it. There's no way to stop the UN even if u have such a big army.

50-51 scenario would be a little bit boring after China crossed the border. The game would be like a WWI campaign with positional warfare. 50-53 would be a better scenario with a bigger map which gives more space for maneuvering, especially for Chinese forces. So that would be more challenging and interesting.

Proletariat of the world, unite!

(in reply to NickD)
Post #: 4
RE: Korean War Tutorial - Chinese conveyor belt - 3/7/2019 3:51:36 AM   
larryfulkerson

Here's the scenario mentioned above: Korea 51-53 with the documents that come with it and everything.

Just unzip and move the appropriate files and folders to the appropriate places and you should be good
to go.

It's posted here below in case you're still wondering where you can get it.

Attachment (1)

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to jsqdcsq)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> The War Room >> Korean War Tutorial - Chinese conveyor belt Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI