Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ghost of HQ remains for one turn

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Desert War 1940 - 1942 >> Tech Support >> Ghost of HQ remains for one turn Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ghost of HQ remains for one turn - 4/16/2018 4:46:30 PM   
Maudite

As the Allies I attacked an Axis held hex and took it. The battle report said that 5 Axis units died, including an HQ unit. I advanced into the hex.

However, when hovering over that hex and pressing "F", the Axis HQ shows as part of MY stack. I right-click on it and it says 0% strength, 0% readiness. The HQ counter does NOT show up on the map.

The bad part is that my stack cannot move. I'm frozen in place. I spoke to my opponent (this was a server game) and he saw weird stuff after that battle as well. The units under that particular HQ still seemed to draw supply...from the hex that I was in. My opponent did not see any HQ counter on the board.

We ran a turn without doing anything and the problem disappeared after a turn. It seems that a dead HQ was not "cleaned up" properly after the combat. Major bug, unless this is bizarrely intended.
Post #: 1
RE: Ghost of HQ remains for one turn - 4/16/2018 6:58:08 PM   
RockKahn

I saw that happen twice in the AI tutorial scenario.

I didn't know what was going on, so the next turn I ordered my troops in the hex with the ghost Italian HQ to move out and I ordered troops in an adjacent hex to attack the ghost Italian HQ. There was a battle result that showed my troops attacking my own troops that was ordered to move. IIRC there was no damage to any of my troops and the ghost Italian HQ disappeared. I don't remember, but I don't think the ghost HQ showed in the battle result.

The 2nd time I saw it happened I ignored it and I believe it disappeared the next turn.

I don't write Universal Law. I just live by it.

(in reply to Maudite)
Post #: 2
RE: Ghost of HQ remains for one turn - 4/17/2018 10:59:31 AM   
Saint Ruth

Erm...interesting. IF you save / reload the scenario, I'd say it'll dissappear.
If you reload the last autosave game and redo, does it happen again?

(in reply to Maudite)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Desert War 1940 - 1942 >> Tech Support >> Ghost of HQ remains for one turn Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI