Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/20/2018 7:45:56 PM   
LLv34Mika

Sorry... can't post a map without revealing too much of my strategy. But I can tell you that the USSR still holds Riga, Kiev and Dnjeprpetrovsk. You can draw a line. That's our front line. More or less...

Soviet winter just hit my units. I was very late and it was no surprising Barbarossa. That's why I have to start in 1942. But you can be sure that I will be ready then.

Iraq is almost cleared. Just destroyed an American army that tried to secure a port. I hope to secure the last two ports very soon. If that happens I think it will be very very tough. Then I have only one front left. No second, no third... nothing, just the USSR.

As it seems the USSR is not receiving any lend-lease help from the USA. Probably to get the US ready as soon as possible.

"Oderint, dum metuant."

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 31
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/20/2018 8:14:47 PM   
room

Fate of the World fall upon Stalin's shoulders it seems and Roosevelt doesn't know better while Churchill is wisky wasted in Toronto...

Winter did not strike german too badly... A nasty consequence of the feeble german advance in the Holu Motherland.

Shall the convoy line be somewhat secure again, Stalin should receive all help available.

< Message edited by room -- 4/20/2018 8:15:08 PM >

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 32
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/20/2018 8:27:28 PM   
LLv34Mika

The allies started some diplomatic efforts to prevent Finland from joining the Axis. Finland went down to a percentage close to zero so I thought it might be wise to advance northeast to show Mannerheim that there is still someone willing to help.

And indeed - Finland just joined the Axis forces.

In Iraq another US unit was destroyed, another unit is cut off from any supply and will be shattered soon. With all those units destroyed the path is clear. German forces will advance, conquer Persia and threaten the oil fields forcing Stalin to split up his troops.

Getting tricky for the Allies but who knows... maybe room is just building up a nasty surprise for me.

(in reply to room)
Post #: 33
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/20/2018 9:01:19 PM   
room

Well i'm full of surprise

For myself mainly... I have no clue why Finland joined the axis tbh. I did not see you take any town in the northern front. I'm obviously missing something

It was a costtly and retrospectively wrong investment to diplo Finland. The Allies are very disapointed and discouraged.

Axis now have all historical members in their alliance plus Spain and Yougoslavia while UK is about as strong (or weak) than Italy. I don't see a way out of this but I'll play , it s the way to learn.

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 34
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/20/2018 9:56:58 PM   
Harun

Is it possible to adjust lend-lease?

Do people not send the Soviets everything they can?

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 35
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/20/2018 10:23:11 PM   
room

Yes lend lease is adjustable. It is my decision to not send (mainly because I am not able to secure the convoy over the long USA to SU convoy line).

(in reply to Harun)
Post #: 36
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/20/2018 11:03:49 PM   
Taxman66

To adjust convoys:
Click on the maps butto/tab.
Click on the convoys button in the window.
Click on the USA circle flag or the UK one (US for US -> UK, UK for UK -> USSR).
Then in the lower left box you will see the percentage, max percentagw allowed, and the actual amount sent. There are also little up and down arrows to adjust the percentage.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to room)
Post #: 37
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/21/2018 5:47:16 AM   
LLv34Mika

quote:

ORIGINAL: room

Well i'm full of surprise

For myself mainly... I have no clue why Finland joined the axis tbh. I did not see you take any town in the northern front. I'm obviously missing something

It was a costtly and retrospectively wrong investment to diplo Finland. The Allies are very disapointed and discouraged.

Axis now have all historical members in their alliance plus Spain and Yougoslavia while UK is about as strong (or weak) than Italy. I don't see a way out of this but I'll play , it s the way to learn.

from the manual:

1.21.2. Finland
Finland will join the Axis providing it has a pro-Axis
leaning and Axis forces have a unit within 1 hex of
either Pskov, Ostrov, Polotsk, 4 hexes of Leningrad
or 5 of Novgorod.
The USSR will have the opportunity to sign an
armistice with Finland when at any point from the
1st January 1940, Viborg, Leningrad, Moscow, Paris
and Rome are in Allied hands, and the UK, USA and
USSR are all Allied and not surrendered.
If the Soviets wish to sign an armistice, Germany
will be presented with an opportunity to stiffen
Finnish resolve to remain in the Axis. Otherwise,
Finland will sign an armistice and withdraw from
the war. See DE 404 and DE 619 for further details.

I was close to Polotsk and sent one unit next to the city (within 1 hex) to fire this event. That was just to get Finland into the war before you can score another diplo hit and make it more or less impossible for me.

(in reply to room)
Post #: 38
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/21/2018 7:53:45 AM   
room

Well that was bad on my part but the part goes on

Germany just agressed Vichy, Ireland and Algers (Spain already joined so it s not too bad). All surrendered but Vichy who moved capital to Monaco (seriously? should be Marseille)

Just played the turn and tried to punish the finnish for their treachery as well as finding out that Von block doesn't really block tanks... Couldn't destroy him thought. Waiting for retaliation, hope I didn't srew up even more

Most dommage russian have done so far (beside winter ofc)

< Message edited by room -- 4/21/2018 10:50:35 AM >

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 39
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/21/2018 12:03:10 PM   
room

Retaliation annilated one of my tank (in supply), it was worth it I think.

I continued a moderate offensive in Ukraine and Finland, destroying 4 or 5 already dammaged corps (at least one was not in supply I think) and one finnish garnison. Those were sub corps, only one german and most not upgraded fully. Still I'm enjoying it while I can, german redeployment is slower than expected (with the war on minors maybe) but they re coming en masse and in quality I don't have. I already see tanks level 4 is it?

In southern Persia, the american army finally met his fate and was killed off supply sadly.

Vichy fleet exchanged 5 dammage with a german battleship in the med.

Turkey is close to the axis.

Siberian are here!

(in reply to room)
Post #: 40
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/21/2018 3:00:26 PM   
room

Indeed tank 4 for germany... Must have been some breaktrough here! Was two level behind despite ahyving invested nearly as early as possible due to having enough MPP with SU.

Thus breakthrough tank 4 breaktrough the Smolesk area and in Ukraine. Heavy losses including one HQ and a shock army I cannot rebuild since I was over the limit with siberian. Northern front is calm while Finnish front is somehow quiet too.
The soviet still hold a confortable local superiority in numbers but the margin is getting tighter and nothing can stop the death rocking Panzers.

Only good news was I'm now only one level behind in tank thec while.In Persia Soviet withdraw in the area of Téhéran in this delaying battle.

(in reply to room)
Post #: 41
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/21/2018 3:36:35 PM   
KorutZelva

Tank 4? What's the date now?

(in reply to room)
Post #: 42
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/21/2018 4:10:24 PM   
room

It's may 42. I've discover those beast in april.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 43
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/22/2018 2:49:01 PM   
Dorky8

German tank level 4 by May 1942 that's very high. Room do you invest in spying and intel?

Last count Allied lost 110 troops (most of its AF & RN) all of GB and the middle east. Axis has lost 10 troops.

Ain't much of a game. Sorry Roomie.

(in reply to room)
Post #: 44
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/22/2018 2:58:03 PM   
room

Intel doesn't slow down adverse research when they are ahead of you afaik. I'm still hanging on there.

And I cannot reveal my investment in research at that point

(in reply to Dorky8)
Post #: 45
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/22/2018 3:08:10 PM   
Dorky8

"Each new level of Spying & Intelligence increases your own research bonus by 1% and decreases your opponent’s bonus by 1%. If the enemy’s intelligence level is higher than yours, then it will just negate your own Spying & Intelligence. It won’t reduce your per turn base research % progression."

Above from the manual. I read if your opponent has more S&I they research faster and breakthrough's faster. Am I not reading it correctly?

He does know what research you have completed from the research table but you don't want him to know investments I guess.

< Message edited by Dorky8 -- 4/22/2018 3:14:26 PM >

(in reply to room)
Post #: 46
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/22/2018 10:18:52 PM   
room

No I think you re right, got mixed up with the catch up bonus.

Forgot the date but somewhere in 42 , Mika decided Saoudi Arabia must also fall into the Axis empire. Fighting intensifies in the Finnish, Smolesk and souhtern Ukraine. German did not gain much ground yet but commies unit are suffering more than ever.

In Persia, german are clsing on Téhéran.

An update of the numbers:

UK produced 9287 (... ) and lost 21082
SU prod 22427 and lost 12595
US prod 13737 and lost 1466

GER prod 28775 (plus lots of pillage) and lost 26954
IT prod 4831 and lost 2619

Since the last numbers I gave Axis prod 14896 and lost 12749 while I prod 22100 and lost 13420. Of couse this is more than offset by Spain/Finland and Yougoslavia joining the axis and pillage.

(in reply to Dorky8)
Post #: 47
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/25/2018 8:22:27 PM   
room

Thus turn Mika eleminated my off supply SU paratrooper and supplied tank and corps before taking a step back in Ukraine. SU front is globally stable atm but German and german airforce are in force in Southern Ukraine... In the North it seems they are coming too. There is def more moves than a few turns ago... I wonder what is next...

The corps Defending Teheran took a beating (strengh 2) but was reinforced and still hold the place helped by 2 USA fighters (thir biggest achievement so far )... An american army have also come to rescue the Saoud that are attacked by italian in the west and german in the east.

In retaliation to the ukrainian german rage, soviets followed up then took out 2 corps and badly damaged an army and an other corps. An intense airbattle took place and I believe losses were about equal, the only nice touch was the russian navy caused 2 hits on a tac bomber. That is my treat for tonight

A SU corps was also asked by political comiseers to retake the 2 ukrainian mines. We count them dead but they are in supply and the mines mmp should compensate the loss.

Still we wish for the winter...

< Message edited by room -- 4/25/2018 8:28:13 PM >

(in reply to room)
Post #: 48
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/27/2018 10:30:18 AM   
room

A new turn of blood on Holy Soil of Russia.

Ukraine see the most violent combat with several units evarporated on both sides while german retreat a little more.
Less intense are the fights in the Smolesk area and in front of Riga where the german slowly advance.

The finnish front is now clam after the soviet offensive was stopped and a no man's land as been put in place.

Overall we lose a bit more than the axis MPP wise but not by much. I lose more units though but in supply and they are coming back quicker than the german ones ( I hope )

Saoudi still in the fight and have exchange some dammage with an italian tank helped by a US TAC Bomber in the west and a US Army in the East.

I m waiting for the surprise Mika talked about... Russia holds better than I anticipated so far. I'm afraid

Finally Turkey makes a 13% jump towards the allies, the threat of a turkish front evaporated (UK can still do that )

(in reply to room)
Post #: 49
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/27/2018 10:41:42 AM   
KorutZelva

guys show us some maps! don't be stingy!!!

(in reply to room)
Post #: 50
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/27/2018 12:23:23 PM   
room

Sorry this is the best I can do

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 51
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 4/28/2018 10:14:24 AM   
room

Orsha and Riga have Fallen and so has... Switzerland! A surprise one turn invasion of the chocolate country was swiftly done by generalismo Mika with Italian and Spanish forces.

We lose ground slowly in the north, centre and Persia while gaining slowly too in the South. Losses are horrific on both sides (over 1500mpps per turn.

Production wise, Axis is around 1500... while I'm about 1800. The gap is getting thinner and I'm afraid it will disapear soon when Saoud is anexed and I lose a bit more ground in Russia.

(in reply to room)
Post #: 52
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/1/2018 9:58:30 AM   
room

2 new turn of heavy blood bath. Mika turn are the more active with nearly 2000mpps per side wasted while mine are more rpudent with about 1000 per side.

German are entering SU via Persia... The oilfield are Under threat...

Exept in Ukraine where the front is moving and in Finland where it is stable, German progress however slowly in the smolesk area and towards Leningrad.

I'll try more info next time but I'm always in a rush :/

< Message edited by room -- 5/1/2018 1:51:53 PM >

(in reply to room)
Post #: 53
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/1/2018 1:21:04 PM   
KorutZelva

What's the unit count (by type) across the board?

(in reply to room)
Post #: 54
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/1/2018 1:53:08 PM   
room

I'll try to update most numbers in my next post. Still no map

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 55
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/1/2018 6:29:48 PM   
LLv34Mika

Sorry guys... have been a bit quiet from my side in the last days/weeks. Got much to do, tennis championships are starting (still active) and our golf team had two tournaments (also active). Besides that a son that is nearly two years old, a wedding of one of my best friends and too much great weather here in Austria to spend the time at home. All in all many many reasons for spending much less time on strategic command.

Most of my time problems are solved and here is a small update.

I still regard this as attempt to try something new. Room forced me to try a sealion but I was stupid enough to avoid a full commitment. It just took to long there and also in North Africa so my war in the East suffered. Now almost all of Europe is in my hands. Only Sweden, Greece and Turkey are still neutral and I think that can stay that way.

Even Saudi Arabie just surrendered so Everything I have will fight on just one front now. Ok, the US are still holding one port in eastern Saudi Arabia but fighting back from there will be a very very VERY long way. My goal was to make small approaches or at least try to hold my position until all other tasks are finished. And that's where we are right now.

We both can build more units now and then the next year will be the most important one. Having to fear only one front is a big advantage. I guess I could even try to just hold my position until the game is over and it would still be a victory.

Btw... tried many things so far. Some good, some bad things. Attacking Switzerland is pretty stupid. You get almost nothing but have to keep units there to avoid partisans.

(in reply to room)
Post #: 56
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/1/2018 9:23:24 PM   
room

Glad to hear from you Mika.

It's october 8 1942. Very quiet turn. Saoudi surrendered but I conserve the east coast and oilfield with americans atm.

Here are some numbers:

GER has 76 ground unit, IT 17, SU 82, UK 5, US 11

GER has 17 planes, IT 6, SU 7, UK 1, US 9

GER has 18 ships, IT 16 , SU 6, UK 17, US 10

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 57
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/2/2018 8:21:16 AM   
room

Something notable I have not mention. I have lost all the 'bonus over the limit siberian units' so there are 50% discounted but not buyable . I had max out shock armies and tank and fighters before siberian arrived.
They were mainly in Ukraine and were huge in my offensive capabilities. Now I am buiding more defensive staff such as corps and armies.

(in reply to room)
Post #: 58
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/2/2018 7:02:52 PM   
LLv34Mika

I guess room won't like the next turn. It is possible that the ability to get over the Atlantic just was reduced in a significant way. Will take several months to get ready again.

(in reply to room)
Post #: 59
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/2/2018 8:50:16 PM   
room

I'm happy I did not come here before opening my turn... You spoiler

Well my turn to spoil then: Mika made an other surprising and adventurous move and attacked a part of the anglo american fleet along the coast of Canada making serious damages... I think I lost 4 Destroyers ( 2 UK and 2 US) then at my turn a UK cruiser meeting a 'surprise' german vessel. The allied have reacted and sunk several surface ships (cruiser and battleship I think) as well as one sub. The UK fleet was only partially repaired and has low morale but hold with the US fleet a thec advantage (UK 1, US 2, GER 1 SUB 2, IT 0) and a small numerical one too. The question now are: what will the counter counter be? And is there an invasion force?

Between Mika and my turn about 4000 MPPs per side (a bit more losses on Mika side thought were destroyed ( probably a quarter of that in Russia and the rest in the Atlantic))

In Russia, not too much, the tempo has slow down a bit it seems as Mika appears to be changing where he attacks. The centre Front around Smolesk is now defensive on Mika part while he is pushing in the North front where a para is trapped unsupplied ( not for long: a tank is coming to rescue). I nearly lost a fighter (STR 1) and an AA (STR 3) in Ukraine. I took an unupgraded minor nation corps out and that is about it.

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI