Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Installing the game after a long time away...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Installing the game after a long time away... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installing the game after a long time away... - 5/16/2018 11:24:08 AM   
AndyW

Hi all,

I'm back after a break (My mid-life crisis was a Masters and a PhD) I've got some time on my hands and wanted to pick this game up again, I've down loaded everything I think I need, but just wanted to check I had the game in a semi-usefull state...

Need to install, in this order:
WarinthePacificAdmiralsEdition-SetupRelease-v10079DR.zip
WarinthePacificAdmiralsEdition-UpdateComp-v1124.zip
WarinthePacificAdmiralsEdition-UpdateComp-v1126a.zip (Not sure if I need this one)
AEupdate1126b.exe

I then get the scenario files from the "Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates" thread? Are there later updates than the ones listed in the first few posts? AI updates?

After that it's just WitPTracker, and WitPStaff? Are there other utils people think are must haves after 8 years away?

Thanks all!

AndyW
Post #: 1
RE: Installing the game after a long time away... - 5/16/2018 2:46:38 PM   
witpqs

Of any "comprehensive" upgrades ("Comp"), you only need the latest, so in your list above you do not need "WarinthePacificAdmiralsEdition-UpdateComp-v1124.zip " because the next comprehensive you list will cover things.

If you download those updated scenarios you might want to compare the files before you load them just in case they are already up to date in that latest comprehensive release.

Try the new Intel Monkey along with Tracker. There are some other things I see people say they use, but it's been a long time since I recall anyone saying they use WITPStaff.

(in reply to AndyW)
Post #: 2
RE: Installing the game after a long time away... - 5/16/2018 2:56:47 PM   
BBfanboy

If you have changed to the Win 10 OS, you will need to do a lot of tinkering to get the game working right with it. See the numerous threads on this forum about Win 10 problems.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to AndyW)
Post #: 3
RE: Installing the game after a long time away... - 5/16/2018 3:50:15 PM   
BillBrown

WitPStaff is not supported and as far as I remember, it does not work with the latest program files.

I also use Combat Reporter, it sorts the various reports into a format that I like.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Installing the game after a long time away... - 5/16/2018 5:03:57 PM   
AndyW

Cool, thanks for the info, I'll pick through the forums for Win10 fixes when I get up and running!

Cheers guys!

AndyW

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 5
RE: Installing the game after a long time away... - 5/17/2018 5:49:41 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndyW

I then get the scenario files from the "Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates" thread? Are there later updates than the ones listed in the first few posts? AI updates?

See this thread for AI updates and scenario options

(in reply to AndyW)
Post #: 6
RE: Installing the game after a long time away... - 5/23/2018 7:33:07 PM   
rustysi

quote:

you only need the latest, so in your list above you do not need "WarinthePacificAdmiralsEdition-UpdateComp-v1124.zip "

You do need the latest 'official' patch, then the latest 'beta' (1126b). You don't need to load 1126a first, but it won't 'hurt' anything.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Installing the game after a long time away... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI