Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bacon Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bacon Mod - 5/25/2018 6:41:22 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

Gravity well effect 66.67% - spotted ;-)

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 601
RE: Bacon Mod - 5/25/2018 7:34:04 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

Gravity well effect 66.67% - spotted ;-)

We have a winner.

Even though I love gravity wells, they can be a real drag early in the game when you have slow sublight engines and you have to build your ships to max size just to get everything you need on them. So, starting in the next version of the mod Hyperdrives will use values 4 and 5 which were previously not being used. If the values are non-zero then the gravity well effect will be multiplied by (value4/value5). In the example above the values are 2 and 3 so a warp bubble only is affected by two thirds the gravity well.

Modders can use these new values anyway they want. I plan to make the warp bubble less affected by gravity wells (as shown above) and leave the rest alone. The sky's the limit though. You could mod an entire line of drives for a specific race that were slower than normal but were less affected by gravity wells or whatever else you want. It will be just one more parameter to distinguish different drives.

BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08

(in reply to Hattori Hanzo)
Post #: 602
RE: Bacon Mod - 5/25/2018 9:25:07 PM   
DasTactic

Great addition. :) Looking forward to the next version.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 603
RE: Bacon Mod - 5/28/2018 11:57:57 PM   
netie

I found a little issue about changing of UI font by this mod.

Texts in some UIs are oversized and not readable with higher DPI monitor settings.

Of course, it can be avoidable by setting "Shadow=true" and it's a little problem.
I hope it will remain as an option for turning it on/off even the future updates. :)

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 604
RE: Bacon Mod - 5/30/2018 3:24:02 PM   
Kothyxaan

WELCOME BACK!
And you came bearing gifts!

Ok. since you are back here is a possible bug (or two) from the last version I used (1.65 i think, have not saw it listed, some things about spies aye, but not this one. Also someone else mentioned the asteroid colony one):
1) When my empire caught a spy, the message would appear several times and they would appear on my captured spy list box multiple times, and I could do nothing with them (could not kill or sell). It just wasn't working when I chose that option. I tried "disabling it" by making the capture chance 0, but spies were still being caught (I think... it was a bit ago, but I am sure this was the case).
2) Rival empires creating asteroid colonies even though I was sure I had them disabled.

I can't check these things right now coz my laptop is on the fritz, and these rambling are from memory.

Wish list/observations (maybe you can do nothing about these, but thought I would point them out):

1) Pirate smugglers. They b dumb. They sit around at a station long after they have completed their mission, they get detected, they become star dust. It would be nice if after completing their mission (and they have no other mission) if they would go to the nearest friendly (or at least neutral station) and hang out there instead.

2) Terraformers (love them btw). It is a shame instead of an additive value, they are a set one. It would be more realistic if they added to the quality of a planet rather than set it to a quality level. However, as I said, terraformers as they are is good too, at least they now have a use :). I put my ones to 60, 80 I thought was too high.

3) My main love - passenger ship transporters! I love the option of being able to manually choose where to take from and where to drop off colonists. So simple, so beautiful, really really love this one. Would be nice to have state owned ships that could do that too *coughs*hinthint*cough*.

4) As someone else mentioned, and I have previously too, I would still love to see the fighter bays go back to being split, or maybe choosing a ratio of fighters to bombers. Not too bothered though. The fighter bomber thing isn't that hard to put into the components, the main issue I have is when I use the "auto refit" option in the design screen, and I then have all of one bay (usually bombers - I think it chooses alphabetically), which means I have to tinker around with each of the ships I have with fighter bays to put back in the correct ratio of fighter/bombers.

There might have been other stuff that I have forgotten now.

PS. You ever get your problem with this game fixed?
PPS. Never leave us again! You broke our hearts :(

< Message edited by Kothyxaan -- 5/30/2018 3:43:23 PM >

(in reply to netie)
Post #: 605
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/1/2018 10:11:47 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kothyxaan

WELCOME BACK!
And you came bearing gifts!

Ok. since you are back here is a possible bug (or two) from the last version I used (1.65 i think, have not saw it listed, some things about spies aye, but not this one. Also someone else mentioned the asteroid colony one):
1) When my empire caught a spy, the message would appear several times and they would appear on my captured spy list box multiple times, and I could do nothing with them (could not kill or sell). It just wasn't working when I chose that option. I tried "disabling it" by making the capture chance 0, but spies were still being caught (I think... it was a bit ago, but I am sure this was the case).
2) Rival empires creating asteroid colonies even though I was sure I had them disabled.

I can't check these things right now coz my laptop is on the fritz, and these rambling are from memory.

Wish list/observations (maybe you can do nothing about these, but thought I would point them out):

1) Pirate smugglers. They b dumb. They sit around at a station long after they have completed their mission, they get detected, they become star dust. It would be nice if after completing their mission (and they have no other mission) if they would go to the nearest friendly (or at least neutral station) and hang out there instead.

2) Terraformers (love them btw). It is a shame instead of an additive value, they are a set one. It would be more realistic if they added to the quality of a planet rather than set it to a quality level. However, as I said, terraformers as they are is good too, at least they now have a use :). I put my ones to 60, 80 I thought was too high.

3) My main love - passenger ship transporters! I love the option of being able to manually choose where to take from and where to drop off colonists. So simple, so beautiful, really really love this one. Would be nice to have state owned ships that could do that too *coughs*hinthint*cough*.

4) As someone else mentioned, and I have previously too, I would still love to see the fighter bays go back to being split, or maybe choosing a ratio of fighters to bombers. Not too bothered though. The fighter bomber thing isn't that hard to put into the components, the main issue I have is when I use the "auto refit" option in the design screen, and I then have all of one bay (usually bombers - I think it chooses alphabetically), which means I have to tinker around with each of the ships I have with fighter bays to put back in the correct ratio of fighter/bombers.

There might have been other stuff that I have forgotten now.

PS. You ever get your problem with this game fixed?
PPS. Never leave us again! You broke our hearts :(

Hi Koth,

1 Yes, there was a bug in the captured spies bit. I fixed it. I don't recall if the fix was in the last release or the one I'm currently working on. However, even when I had multiple listings of the same spy, I was still able to ransom them.
2 Regarding asteroid colonies, apparently I never set the condition of "allowAsteroidColonies" for the AI calculations. The calculation uses a lot of factors and it seems that one got left out. Now its the very first condition check. Until the next version you can just put "asteroidColonyPrevalenceDivisor" to a really large number and that should prevent asteroid colonies from being made.

1 I found the section regarding pirate smugglers. They only check for being detected when attempting to dock, and only once during the dock action, so there should be zero chance of them being detected while loitering around a planet. It may seem like they are getting detected at that time if they are, in fact, waiting for a docking bay to become available. Once a bay becomes available the game will make the one and only check to see if they are detected.

2 Terraforming a relative amount is not possible because there is no way to meep track of the planet's original, unmodified habitability rating once the terraforming starts. If it was an instant process instead of a process over time that would be possible but I wanted something that happened gradually over time so the change has to be absolute.

3 State-owned passenger ships CAN be given missions just like private ones. I do it all the time.

4 I have never done auto-refit so I was not aware of this issue with the bomber bays. Unfortunately, to the AI, the bomber bay is just another fighter bay and I don't see any way to change this so I'm afraid you'll have to deal with a little clean up aftter auto-refitting your fighter-carrying ships. At least its easier with the ability to select existing components on your design and have the leftside menu jump to them.

Re: my game always crashing on save. I sortof found a solution. I run the whole game in a clean Win 7 virtual machine and I never save. When I want to stop I just pause the game and shut down the entire virtual machine.

(in reply to Kothyxaan)
Post #: 606
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/3/2018 11:55:26 AM   
Kothyxaan

1) Yeh i tested and was able to ransom (rival empire must not have had the cash on them at the time) Also had some bug pop up message though and then the box wouldnt open at all with ctrl+p, but this was on version 1.65, so meh, not bothered oh and setting the capture chance to 0 did actually mean they were not being kept.
is there a kill spy option in the new one?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) I have saw them getting vapourised at space stations which means they were there to do a smuggling delivery, and got nuked? Do they act like normal cargo ships when they dont have a smuggling mission? If not it would seem strange that an empire would put out a smuggling mission, then kill the deliverers.

2) yes instant terraforming would feel wrong.

3) Ah... I see, I had made a military ship into a pasanger ship (and this i what I meant, I should have been more specific).

4) Auto-fit is useful for mass changes... but yeh, there are problems...

Shame you couldnt get it working normally.
Better go, I have soup getting cold even as I type!

< Message edited by Kothyxaan -- 6/3/2018 12:25:08 PM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 607
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/5/2018 4:01:39 AM   
Pocus

(a) How do I transport specifically a resource? Say a space station lacks osalia for an upgrade. I need to transport only that but want it done asap, so state ship.
(b) How do I give back a state ship to the private sector?
(c) How can I unload the content of a mining/gas ship to a planet?

(d) How do I trigger the use of !note and anything that need typing?

Great mod, congrats for all the work that went int

< Message edited by Pocus -- 6/5/2018 4:27:20 AM >

AGEOD Team

(in reply to Kothyxaan)
Post #: 608
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/5/2018 3:14:30 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pocus

(a) How do I transport specifically a resource? Say a space station lacks osalia for an upgrade. I need to transport only that but want it done asap, so state ship.
(b) How do I give back a state ship to the private sector?
(c) How can I unload the content of a mining/gas ship to a planet?

(d) How do I trigger the use of !note and anything that need typing?

Great mod, congrats for all the work that went int

Hi Pocus,

a) You can't really, other than finding a source location that has an overabundance of osalia. The manual transport order will take all resources that are present in much greater quantities than other resources. A osalia mine would work.
a2) Another way, although it was not intended for this, is to use a free trader. Free traders can buy and sell any resource so you could buy the resource you need and sell it at the destination. It's too much micromanagement to do multiple times. The whole free trader thing was just for people who wanted to try and make a living buying and selling while their empire mostly ran on full auto.

b) You can't. Scrap it or sell it to another empire.

c) Give an order to move to the planet and then press Alt-U

d) Ctrl-E.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 609
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/5/2018 4:23:19 PM   
sotthata

It would be nice if state-owned, non-military ships (basically the one Bacon made buildable) could have their target destination dashed-lines disabled. I went crazy with state-owned passenger ships and now it obscures military movements. :P

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 610
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/5/2018 10:07:34 PM   
Kothyxaan

Oh dear lord... i never made the passenger ships from the build menu before... i always though theyd get cobntrolled by sector even if you built them... ho hum.

(in reply to sotthata)
Post #: 611
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/8/2018 2:29:37 AM   
RogerBacon

Just a little update.

I've been fixing some bugs and semi-bugs this week, Semi-bugs are things that are working correctly but they could get in an unworkable state. In this case this occurred if you started a new game, didn't like your start, and went back to the main menu and re-rolled your galaxy. If that case, the science ships and bacon stats wouldn't work. I've fixed those issues.
I also found a bug where a ship docking at a base could lose its fuel. This traced back to the improvement where freighters always try to fill their load. This could result in a base having less of a resource (like Caslon) than its reserved amount. When the ship docked and tried to refuel it would take on a negative amount, which would result in its fuel being transferred to the station. I assume this bug has been around for a while but I never noticed it happen until this week. This is also fixed in the next version.

New features:
The mouse wheel will work to zoom the map when there is another menu open (such as the diplomacy panel). This will help evaluate those offers of such and such base in exchange for whatever.

The hyperjump engine setting to mitigate some of the gravity well effect, which I've already mentioned.

and...

Infrastructure

!infrastructure is a new command that will allow you to invest money in a planet's infrastructure (bridges, roads, etc.) It will raise the development level for the planet. Here's the comment from the BaconSettings.txt for infrastructure

// This allows spending on infrastructure projects to boost a planet's development level. Durability is how fast the investment decays. 1.0 = no decay, 01 = very fast decay. range 0.1 = 1. Recommended value is 0.9 Smaller populations receive a bigger effect and decay rate is lower.
infrastructureSpendingPerDevelopmentLevel=25000
infrasetuctureDurability=0.9

(in reply to Kothyxaan)
Post #: 612
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/8/2018 5:37:21 AM   
Pocus

Nice little update! So the investment is not permanent with a decay factor (yes, obvious and stupid question I know).
You have a typo, in infrasetuctureDurability it should probably be infrastructureDurability

Noticed a few things:

if you designate with Alt-1 or Alt-2 something you don't own, you get an exception (not done on purpose, but I targeted a planet instead of its mining station)
auto upgrade convert bomber bays to fighter bays
sometime a negative amount of resource is reserved (probably a vanilla bug?)

AGEOD Team

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 613
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/8/2018 1:57:33 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

Nice little update! So the investment is not permanent with a decay factor (yes, obvious and stupid question I know).
You have a typo, in infrasetuctureDurability it should probably be infrastructureDurability

Noticed a few things:

if you designate with Alt-1 or Alt-2 something you don't own, you get an exception (not done on purpose, but I targeted a planet instead of its mining station)
auto upgrade convert bomber bays to fighter bays
sometime a negative amount of resource is reserved (probably a vanilla bug?)

Hi and thanks. I've fixed the typo and fixed the crash bug. Now you will get a message popup if you try to designate a non-owned object as source or destination for a cargo mission.
Yeah, someone else mentioned the bomber bays switching to fighter bays when auto-upgrading. There's nothing I can do about it really because a bomber bay is just another type of fighter bay as far as the AI knows.
The negative amount of resources reserved may be a vanilla bug. It's not a big deal though as it sorts itself out. It just means that a ship might try and pick up more resources than available but it won't actually pick up more than available so its purely a cosmetic thing.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 614
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/8/2018 8:01:40 PM   
Pocus

Thanks for the extra explanations (in this thread and the other).

I'm still banging my head against the mysteries around the civilian freight. Even with your tools (controlling state ships) this is still quite aggravating. I'm faced with a shortage of caslon, despite, ample stocks in numerous nearby refineries, and will probably end up controlling more ships in the end to alleviate the issue. But even if I do that, the AIs won't so in the end I'll have no challenge.

This is quite representative of the issue:

The Beta Delphini refinery is one of my 5 'pure caslon' refineries, each routinely sit on a stockpile of 30 k+ Caslon. And despite that Earth as a shortage. And when freighters move, they don't transport much.

The same is true for others resources. I still see freighters moving 2 carbon because a mining station is at 48 carbons, while the ideal and expected stockpile is 50. Usually, in most of the games handling a stockpile, there is an acceptable range for stockpile, not a single value. For example here the range would be 50-150. And if you fall under 50 (say you fall at 48), then you don't bring 2, but you bring 150-48 = 102. So that you don't trigger another transportation of 3-4 carbons in the near future because something used a few of them.

Not sure if you can work on that, but currently, all the evil ghosts of DW are biting again at me, and I now remember why I stopped playing it.

AGEOD Team

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 615
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/8/2018 9:53:17 PM   
DasTactic

@Pocus Are you playing the vanilla Bacon World mod or one of the add-ons? I have the same issues you are having particularly with Caslon reserves but I wasn't sure if that was the mod I was playing or an issue with the Bacon Mod.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 616
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/9/2018 3:38:41 AM   
Pocus

I'm playing your mod-mod(-mod?)

i.e Bacon + DasChromeBlue + retreatUE

Do you think it comes from UE? How this can affect the base algorithms on civilian distribution?

After some checking on many civilians, it seems to happen when your main colony has no Caslon in reserve, in this case numerous freighters will try transporting a tiny amount of it from one of your refinery to facilities in need. But I still see freighters with order to move Caslon from the same refineries to Earth for a full load.

Hopefully when Earth is back to a decent stock, the freighters will resupply from it and transport more to mining stations. I can just hope, because having a freighter spends 2 years in space to transport 4 Caslon (while using probably 300 itself as fuel) seems pointless.

Also I should add that at start I did not had enough energy collector on my space facilities to cover static needs. Meaning all of them sucked up some Caslon over time to get energy. Perhaps it caused a crash to the civilian sector which was unable to meet the demand. If the stations had been self sustaining, what would have happened? I'll try to see with a vast program of upgrade and fixing.
The difficulty is how to you amend a crashed economy when you need some juice to fix it? Catch 22!

Q1 (@Roger probably). When I edit the name of something private, the 'automated' icon disappears, and I can't put it back. Does it cause some adverse effect? How to work around that?

Q2 I have great difficulties removing a repeat order (shift when doing alt3). It seems it kicks in after non-repeat order are set, cancel order, refuel, etc. Meaning that once you have done a repeat, the ship is bound to always have a repeat. (addendum: I even have a freighter that is ordered to make another round trip but is reverting to its original round trip after making one trip of its 'edited' order. Not sure if I'm clear...). Is it shift-alt3 or alt3-shift btw, I have oddities with that too.

Q3 Is Aculon the first resource (of index 0 in the collection). I would not be surprised about that. Because once again my 2 deep space fuel depot (that I managed to refill manually with Caslon) got 2000 units of Aculon. As if the game wanted to do something, but because of a bug on a resource index, it does something else. My guess from having these kind of bugs myself, when a parameter is not properly set and you end up with a default value sent, like 0.

Q4 Sorry to bother with a question that is from the vanilla game, but as I got your attention ;-) ... Are area weapons doing friendly-fire damages? Will they be particularly efficient against fighters?

Q5 What are the probabilities for good and bad traits. So far on my 12 or so characters, 2/3 of the acquired traits are bad. Most are useless because of that.

< Message edited by Pocus -- 6/9/2018 6:34:54 AM >

AGEOD Team

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 617
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/9/2018 11:44:22 AM   
Retreat1970

quote:

Do you think it comes from UE?

Resource distribution is a core game mechanic and nothing UE can touch. RetreatUE is very superficial.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 618
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/9/2018 1:51:09 PM   
RogerBacon

Hi Pocus,

I looked into the issue with ships transporting only one or two of a resource to get a station back up to the magic number of 50 (or 25 for some resources). I was able to make a change to allow users to set the preferred supply level. In this example it is set to 100.

It probably doesn't matter though as these minimal stockpiles are only for upgrades and its rare that the same station is doing two or more upgrades close together (unless you are researching like a madman).

Caslon, and any other resource designated as fuel, is a special case. The reserved amount for those is zero at stations like mining stations and other non-spacestations. In your case it is probably happening because the bases were using fuel to supplement their energy generation.
Your questions:
1 As far as I know, private ships always remain automated regardless of whether the automated icon is present or not. I don't think I ever changed the name of a private ship so I've never seen the icon disappear.

2 The repeating mission will continue until you clear it with the !clear command. The read me mentions this but it could be clearer.

3 I have no idea why a deep space station would be stocking up on any resource above the minimum needed for retrofits.

4 I used area weapons once and wiped out half my fleet with friendly fire. I never used them again after that. I've read on the forums that they don't affect fighters and the designers did that because otherwise whey would be the ultimate point defense weapon.

5 I don't know but, like you, it seems my guys always develop bad traits. Maybe it's designed that way so when you lose them you won't feel so bad. :)

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 619
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/9/2018 3:43:37 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

The difficulty is how to you amend a crashed economy when you need some juice to fix it? Catch 22!

If its (State) money you need, take out a bacon load (!loan [amount]). If its public money then it will recover over time. Lowering taxes helps.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 620
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/9/2018 4:38:46 PM   
DasTactic

If Pocus and I have the Caslon reservation issue using RetreatUE but Roger doesn't running vanilla then I assume there must be something different in RetreatUE impacting this. Pocus's report on the Energy Collectors could be a clue. I'll do some checking with RetreatUE vs vanilla.

@Pocus, what faction were you playing in RetreatUE?

As far as the characters getting negative traits is concerned from what I can remember they were supposed to start with a fair number of negatives and then overall progressively get more positive skills as they gain experience. So it was often better to keep a poor governor or leader because of the improvement. Some negatives could still come in but from what I remember they generally got better skills the longer they were around.

------------EDIT--------------
I did a lot of testing and while the design templates are different with 3 energy collectors in vanilla and 1 in RetreatUE it doesn't seem to change the energy issues (although I didn't see usage in battle). The energy collected is about the same.

The vanilla version also had a lot of Caslon reserved at times and this was waiting for freighters. The frustrating thing is wanting to fuel up your military ships while a station has all the fuel you need but it is reserved for freighters. Is there any code that could give military ships (or state ships) priority over the Caslon supplies?

< Message edited by Das123 -- 6/9/2018 8:32:41 PM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 621
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/9/2018 10:54:31 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Das123

------------EDIT--------------
I did a lot of testing and while the design templates are different with 3 energy collectors in vanilla and 1 in RetreatUE it doesn't seem to change the energy issues (although I didn't see usage in battle). The energy collected is about the same.

The vanilla version also had a lot of Caslon reserved at times and this was waiting for freighters. The frustrating thing is wanting to fuel up your military ships while a station has all the fuel you need but it is reserved for freighters. Is there any code that could give military ships (or state ships) priority over the Caslon supplies?

If you are really having fuel issues, ship the bases all together. Make State-run gas miners with some docking bays and place them where you want them. Be sure to issue a nodump command after giving them an order to mine the resource you want. Then just refuel your fleet from them.
Other options include making gas mining stations with more cargo space and researching faster mining and then adding more gas extractors.

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 622
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/9/2018 10:58:05 PM   
RogerBacon

Version 1.70 released.
Added infrastructure building, ability to configure hyper engines with gravity well mitigation, manual setting of resource resupply level for bases in regards to how many resources they keep in reserve for refits. Also included were some bug fixes.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 623
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/10/2018 5:19:29 AM   
Pocus

Thanks Roger!
I'm playing the Humans.
I can refuel my military without too much issue, as I have several gas cloud refineries with a lot of caslon in stock. In theory, the civilian sector should not be stalled by caslon, as I have almost half a million in stock. Practically, as they don't move enough of it to planets, it means they have to refuel from the cloud refineries. The same is true for the AIs, each time my manually ordered state freigthers dump 14k caslon onto a planet, most of it is reserved by my allies. It is a bottomless pit of unsatisfied need for caslon currently.

I believe I have the economy to field more state owner freighters and organize convoys to mass unload caslons to my planets now. The problem is that I see a lot of AIs ships clearly out of caslon out there, and they won't have this advantage.

Being a pragmatic, I would say that the easiest and quickest way to minor this vast issue is to first reduce the penalty from being out of gas to having 50% of max speed, no less. Not having fuel should not cripple too much an empire, to start with. And 50% is already hefty.

AGEOD Team

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 624
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/10/2018 5:26:07 AM   
Pocus

I posted the bug report in the other thread, sorry...

< Message edited by Pocus -- 6/10/2018 5:44:47 AM >

AGEOD Team

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 625
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 6/10/2018 5:44:17 AM   
Pocus

Also really a big thanks for this freetrader feature and interface, it can solve bottlenecks.

Here is the bug, in 1.69, but 1.70 crashes same, just wait 4 days and you'll get it.
https://we.tl/9zQGgVqsVj

AGEOD Team

(in reply to Uncle Lumpy)
Post #: 626
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 6/10/2018 6:32:50 PM   
RogerBacon

Version 1.70 is temporarily removed due to a potential crash bug. I will upload a new version 1.70 soon. Until then, if starting a new game use the !nukem command to destroy abandoned ships and you should be fine.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 627
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 6/10/2018 8:44:42 PM   
RogerBacon

Version 1.70 Re-uploaded with the crash bug fix. If you downloaded yesterday please re-download. Sorry for the inconvenience.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 628
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 6/11/2018 7:12:00 PM   
Pocus

Thanks Roger. Is it a bug linked to my crash?

Also, how easy it is to amend the deployable 'object inspector' on the left. The list of mining facilities soon become useless, as it can't be sorted or filtered. How about adding icons, one per resource, and we could filter on a specific resource, to see where we extract it?

AGEOD Team

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 629
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 6/11/2018 7:53:38 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

Thanks Roger. Is it a bug linked to my crash?

Yes, that was the bug I fixed. Your saved game runs fine now.

quote:

Also, how easy it is to amend the deployable 'object inspector' on the left. The list of mining facilities soon become useless, as it can't be sorted or filtered. How about adding icons, one per resource, and we could filter on a specific resource, to see where we extract it?

I've never looked at those panels. I'm afraid I'm not able to make any changes there. Sorry.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 630
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI