Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for an intermediate german (closed)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for an intermediate german (closed) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for an intermediate german (closed) - 6/13/2018 4:24:56 PM   
mouse707

As far as now, I've played approximately 12 games as the soviet. None of them have gone to 1942 (I have one game in progress, turn 6, with a strong german push).

In all games but one, the german player was not happy with its barbarossa campaign and left the game early (even when he has committed to a long game). The quicker left on turn 2 and the more tenacious left during december 41. Given the time used to build slowly the Red Army, i find frustrating to be unable to advance a little bit in the game, to use good russian general and all of the guard and shocks units.

In the remaining game, the game did not advance more than turn 1 but it was my fault. It was a fully optimized german turn 1, the whole russian army was trapped without a single air recon. I've played my turn but did not sent it back. Maybe i should have. My apologies.

So i'm looking for an intermediate and long lasting german. Intermediate in the sense that he can manage to have successes during Barbarossa, sufficiently to continue to play until the end. Maybe the defensive part is less enjoyable for the german, but it can be interesting too. Intermediate also in the sense that the player does not know the precise position of each russian tank on turn 1, and how to exploit each line of the bookrules to have an advantage.

Concerning rules, i do not cheat, i do not optimize and i do not use exploits, so I have no house rules. I just play a strategic and tactical game.

About options, i propose the full campaign, with Bitter end victory conditions to have a quantitative evaluation of the achievements and the possibility for the german to have memory of his achievements.
I play only an online game on the server, to prevent too much reloading. I have a cat, so i know that a mistake can happen, but a decisive battle should not be played until it is a victory. I play with the latest beta patch. As i do not optimize, i don't know if this patch is german or soviet oriented. I play with it because it is the latest one.
When i Receive my turn, I need 1 to 3 days to send it back. The first turns for the russian are very very very long, but at the end of barbarossa, i can play a turn in one day.

Full FOG. Normal CV. Non random weather, but if the german player wants to change, it's ok for me. Full blizzard and no bonus, but if the german player wants to change, it's ok for me too (i'm not a running russian, so a +1 bonus in exchange of a mild blizzard will make a difference on the ground).

I'm open to any discussion. I can also add to I like to discuss the ongoing game with the other player, but it's not an obligation :-)

< Message edited by mouse707 -- 6/13/2018 9:50:25 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Looking for an intermediate german - 6/13/2018 6:50:33 PM   
weinsoldner

I don’t think I am an intermediate player yet. I have only two games as the axis under my belt versus human soviet opponente. But I am Triggerfinger tor reply because I believe in stikking to the game until the end, no matter winning or losing. And I welcome an opponent SHO wants to discussnthe ins and outs of our murual game. so I am willing to play the GC against you as the axis.

(in reply to mouse707)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking for an intermediate german - 6/13/2018 6:50:50 PM   
weinsoldner

I don’t think I am an intermediate player yet. I have only two games as the axis under my belt versus human soviet opponente. But I am Triggerfinger tor reply because I believe in stikking to the game until the end, no matter winning or losing. And I welcome an opponent SHO wants to discussnthe ins and outs of our murual game. so I am willing to play the GC against you as the axis.

(in reply to mouse707)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking for an intermediate german - 6/13/2018 6:52:10 PM   
PIOLIN03

late, sorry

< Message edited by PIOLIN03 -- 6/13/2018 6:53:06 PM >

(in reply to mouse707)
Post #: 4
RE: Looking for an intermediate german - 6/13/2018 10:39:07 PM   
beender

Now I do recons even in Turn 1, a lesson learnt from our game

(in reply to PIOLIN03)
Post #: 5
RE: Looking for an intermediate german - 6/13/2018 10:46:46 PM   
mouse707

ah ah
if you want, i can send you my turn, the encirclement was broke in the south, but there were still highways towards ukrainia :-)

(in reply to beender)
Post #: 6
RE: Looking for an intermediate german - 6/13/2018 10:50:55 PM   
beender

No it's ok. Now i only play on server so probably it was for the best.

Btw as you proved, that opening had room to improve, and i did improve it since then

(in reply to mouse707)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for an intermediate german (closed) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI