Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hanukkah War of 2018 Version 2.0 for Playtest (Closed)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Hanukkah War of 2018 Version 2.0 for Playtest (Closed) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hanukkah War of 2018 Version 2.0 for Playtest (Closed) - 6/14/2018 10:03:46 PM   
BeirutDude

Download updated to Version 3.0 in a separate thread Please don't use this one anymore (7/20/2018)

1. Removed all naval units
2. Removed all non SAM/SSM/or Targeted ground units (Barracks, Artillery, etc)
3. Removed all attack helios
4. (Hopefully) corrected an issue where the Russians immediately jump on the IAF and attack them. I've tested about 10 times without it reoccurring.
5. Fixed issue with Syrian/Iranian SSMs.
6. I DID NOT move IAF Squadrons form their actual bases to make it more playable. I feel there is a certain part of real world simulation that should occur with a scenario and given the small size of Israel and their normal operating procedure (to the best of my knowledge) they don't. Part of the challenge should be to create a Time On Target attack from spread out airbases. Otherwise, IMHO, your just blowing S*** up. To suggestions, go into the editor and adjust to your liking or when the aircraft are on a mission reassign them to the base you want them to return to. Either would work.
7. Some airbases are now single unit airbases, but given the huge amount of work to load magazines I wasn't redoing them wholesale. I don't use unlimited magazines as using up ammo is part of the challenge. That is a reason to reposition aircraft.
8. Corrected some weather issues.

Again download is located in another thread (needed to consolidate into one)

New file in the attachment.

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 7/20/2018 2:02:59 PM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Post #: 1
RE: Hanukkah War of 2018 Version 2.0 for Playtets - 6/20/2018 1:12:23 AM   
BeirutDude

Any feedback?

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 2
RE: Hanukkah War of 2018 Version 2.0 for Playtets - 6/23/2018 4:21:07 PM   
BeirutDude

OK, so either it was really good and nobody has more feedback , or, more likely, it really sucked and nobody wants to provide feedback?

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 3
RE: Hanukkah War of 2018 Version 2.0 for Playtets - 6/23/2018 6:29:03 PM   
Randomizer

I would suggest that you not read anything into a poor response to your scenario as there are many possibilities for a lack of feedback. To avoid disappointment try designing your scenarios to please yourself. If other's like them, well that's fine but hardly essential and the main issue should be whether it meets your personnel standards, unless of course you're uploading your work in search of third-party praise.

Don't pet the sweaty stuff...

-C

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 4
RE: Hanukkah War of 2018 Version 2.0 for Playtets - 6/23/2018 7:36:07 PM   
stilesw

I think Randomizer is right on. Lots of potential reasons - jobs, summer vacations, emphasis on vNext testing and so forth. I often wondered the same thing about how a scenario will be received on the campaign I'm working on. Decided, hey, I'll do my best creating something I like and "Devil take the hindmost".

Also, as they say, no news can be good news.

-Wayne

Attachment (1)

“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 5
RE: Hanukkah War of 2018 Version 2.0 for Playtets - 6/23/2018 11:45:02 PM   
BeirutDude

Well I think I will submit is as is. I won it twice in my playtesting but then I know where the targets are. Besides can always update it in the future.

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 6
RE: Hanukkah War of 2018 Version 2.0 for Playtets - 6/24/2018 2:06:39 AM   
Excroat3

Don't sweat having no feeback on your scenarios. When I released my 2 recent scenarios for playtesting (A New World and Southern Brawl), I didn't expect much feedback. People can be intimidated by the scenario size, or just don't have the time to play. Especially with a heavy hitting scenario such as the Indian Fury one in testing right now, with similar scale, people are probably playing other scenarios right now. And when you take the amount of people who play a scenario vs the amount of people who play the scenario and provide good feedback, I can probably count that number on one hand. If you have the steam version of C:MANO, I would release your scenarios on the steam workshop as well. I've gotten good feedback from there as well.

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 7
RE: Hanukkah War of 2018 Version 2.0 for Playtets - 6/24/2018 3:14:57 PM   
Andrea G

Right said Excroat; I would gladly playtest this scenario but my limited amount of playing time is even more curtailed these days so I am playing only Indian Fury to finish it in a reasonable time.

(in reply to Excroat3)
Post #: 8
RE: Hanukkah War of 2018 Version 2.0 for Playtets - 6/30/2018 12:26:13 PM   
gilmaor

Hi, I was very eager to play this scenario, but it run very slow In a way that I just cant play it.
could it be some scripting or version issue?

Gil,

(in reply to Andrea G)
Post #: 9
RE: Hanukkah War of 2018 Version 2.0 for Playtest - 7/1/2018 8:02:27 PM   
MichaelJCuozzo

Just downloaded it, I'll test it out on the 4th and let you know, Dude. :)

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 10
RE: Hanukkah War of 2018 Version 2.0 for Playtest - 7/3/2018 1:13:34 PM   
BeirutDude

Thank you!

(in reply to MichaelJCuozzo)
Post #: 11
RE: Hanukkah War of 2018 Version 2.0 for Playtets - 7/3/2018 1:15:29 PM   
BeirutDude

There is a lot going on, it does slow down at times for me as well. I actually scaled back on a lot of units but if it remains a problem I might have to ditch all of the land units. Thanks for the feedback!

(in reply to gilmaor)
Post #: 12
RE: Hanukkah War of 2018 Version 2.0 for Playtets - 7/14/2018 1:27:49 AM   
BeirutDude

Going to withdraw this one and maybe rework it when I have some time.

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 13
RE: Hanukkah War of 2018 Version 2.0 for Playtets - 7/18/2018 2:21:58 AM   
BeirutDude

Working on a major revamp/Version 3.0 will only cover air and missile war. All Naval units removed and all ground units not Sensor, SAM or SSM. Some air fields have been changed to single unit airfields and all attack helios are removed. That should help take care of the slowdown.

That update is now in a another thread (I had two going on this scenario and want to consolidate into one, 7/20/18)

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 7/20/2018 2:00:04 PM >

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Hanukkah War of 2018 Version 2.0 for Playtest (Closed) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI