Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any way to get old games off Slitherine PBEM queue?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Any way to get old games off Slitherine PBEM queue? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any way to get old games off Slitherine PBEM queue? - 8/6/2017 4:48:39 AM   
elxaime

I have about three resigned games that are still there on the PBEM server, some for weeks. I read somewhere they are supposed to go away on their own, but that doesn't seem to be happening. There doesn't seem to be a way to clear the old games from player side, I assume it has to happen via Slitherine. Not a big deal, but irritating.
Post #: 1
RE: Any way to get old games off Slitherine PBEM queue? - 8/7/2017 11:41:52 AM   
FriendlyKomissar

While on this topic is it possible to change the time stamp to local time? As judging by the time differences on the saves it's based on u.s. mountain time

Wisely keeping out of Comrade Stalin's way.

(in reply to elxaime)
Post #: 2
RE: Any way to get old games off Slitherine PBEM queue? - 6/21/2018 9:10:17 PM   
SaulGoodman

Elxaime, indeed, you may have a lot of resigned game seeing that you leave games when you are losing !

(in reply to FriendlyKomissar)
Post #: 3
RE: Any way to get old games off Slitherine PBEM queue? - 6/21/2018 9:32:47 PM   
PvtBenjamin

I have no problem with someone quitting a game they feel they have no chance.

Leaving an open game stagnant is totally not acceptable.

(in reply to SaulGoodman)
Post #: 4
RE: Any way to get old games off Slitherine PBEM queue? - 6/21/2018 9:35:07 PM   
elxaime

Not really. The Axis player generally has two choices with France in 1940. Conquer it and accept Vichy surrender and the creation of the neutral Vichy colonies (Algeria, Tunisia, Syria). Or refuse the French surrender and press on to conquer everything, which means the French government transfers to North Africa and the Axis has to conquer Algiers. I was wondering why you had surrounded Paris and eliminated the French unit there, and pretty much all the rest of the French forces in France, but did not advance to take Paris itself. The next turn, France surrendered (which I assume was due to meeting the conditions where enough of the country is occupied) but there was neither Vichy creation or a transfer of government. Instead everything reverted to Axis control, which included Syria, Tunisia and Algeria.

Either this is a bug or an intentional manipulation of the rules to achieve a result unintended by the designer. I did not assume it was intentional, because I had no idea whether Paris was left unoccupied by choice or you simply weren't able to move anyone in. And I always prefer to assume the best of people until proven otherwise. So I went ahead and reported it as a possible bug or oversight to the mod designer, being careful not to make any charges.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4183873&mpage=15

If this is working as designed for the mod, then I stand corrected. If this was intentional, then its not the sort of thing I'd want to be part of. No hard feelings and I am sorry you are making this personal. Good luck to you.

Post #: 5
RE: Any way to get old games off Slitherine PBEM queue? - 6/21/2018 9:43:21 PM   
elxaime

Sorry, my prior post was in response to SaulGoodman. I resigned not because France surrendered - honestly, that happens 100 percent of the time - but because there seems to be a glitch in FWII 17.0 where the French surrender isn't happening properly. If I am wrong, happy to hear that from the designer. Never seen it happen where everything goes to Axis without Vichy creation. My supposition was that this occurred because Paris was intentionally left untaken while the rest of the country fell. But I did not want to assume this, as you may be as taken off guard as I am by this outcome. But if it was intentional, then you should know better.

(in reply to elxaime)
Post #: 6
RE: Any way to get old games off Slitherine PBEM queue? - 6/21/2018 10:10:36 PM   
SaulGoodman

If you take Paris before french moral drop then vichy will be created. But i didn't enter in Paris in order to not have vichy.

This is historically accurate, if the Germans had conquered all France, what would it be worth to create it?

< Message edited by SaulGoodman -- 6/21/2018 10:15:23 PM >

(in reply to elxaime)
Post #: 7
RE: Any way to get old games off Slitherine PBEM queue? - 6/21/2018 10:18:26 PM   
elxaime

quote:

ORIGINAL: SaulGoodman

If you take Paris before french moral drop then vichy will be created. But i didn't enter in Paris in order to not have vichy.

That's what I assumed. So the question is whether that is an intended design result. I've asked that very question to the mod designer. Not sure if it isn't the same or not in vanilla version. But if it is intended, it seems to defeat the purpose of giving the Axis a choice of either accepting Vichy surrender or fighting on to take everything, which usually means taking Algiers, Tunis and Damascus. If the Axis can get it all simply by taking everything but Paris then that needs to be confirmed as intended or, if unintended, fixed.

As far as what is historical, the Germans only entered Paris after the French surrender. But they did so as part of a treaty that created Vichy, including the Vichy colonies in Tunisia, Syria and Algeria.

< Message edited by elxaime -- 6/21/2018 10:23:49 PM >

Post #: 8
RE: Any way to get old games off Slitherine PBEM queue? - 6/21/2018 10:26:21 PM   
SaulGoodman

I don't know if it the same in the original version. But there is a difference : if you take Paris, refused vichy, and then take Algiers, Spain will joins Axis. If you only wait until french moral drop and refuse vichy creation, Spain will not.

However I now understand why you left the game in this point of view. I guess it could be consider as a glitch I didn't realize it before.

< Message edited by SaulGoodman -- 6/21/2018 10:34:10 PM >

(in reply to elxaime)
Post #: 9
RE: Any way to get old games off Slitherine PBEM queue? - 6/21/2018 10:38:38 PM   
elxaime

quote:

ORIGINAL: SaulGoodman

I don't know if it the same in the original version. But there is a difference : if you take Paris, refused vichy, and then take Algiers, Spain will joins Axis. If you only wait until french moral drop and refuse vichy creation, Spain will not.

However I now understand why you left the game in this point of view. I guess it could be consider as a glitch I didn't realize it before.

Let's see what Crispy says on his mod thread. I have no idea how this plays out in Vanilla, so welcome thoughts from anyone else who does.

Post #: 10
RE: Any way to get old games off Slitherine PBEM queue? - 6/23/2018 2:38:31 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: elxaime

I have about three resigned games that are still there on the PBEM server, some for weeks. I read somewhere they are supposed to go away on their own, but that doesn't seem to be happening. There doesn't seem to be a way to clear the old games from player side, I assume it has to happen via Slitherine. Not a big deal, but irritating.

There should be a server maintenance script that handles this automatically. Unfortunately I do not have control over the server scripts that take care of this but if they are older than a month let me know and I'll try and have someone look into it as best as I can.

(in reply to elxaime)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Any way to get old games off Slitherine PBEM queue? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI