Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/19/2018 12:09:05 PM   
ITAKLinus

oh well more PPs are quite useful as Japanese since you can trash China and other funny places.

Allies do not really benefit from that from my point of view: they do not have the possibility to employ those units for offensive duties and since they are fighting overwhelming Jap units, they are at disadvantage no matter what they do.

In the long run, they also marginally benefit from having more naval assets since what they get is sufficient to mount multiple offensive. I do not think they can mount far more operations with more assets.

As far as I can understand you can maintain the strategic initiative well into 1943. On normal Scen1 I consider a strong success to maintain the initiative until JUN-1943 with the strongest offensive efforts ending in Fall '42

< Message edited by ITAKLinus -- 6/19/2018 12:10:06 PM >

Francesco

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 91
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/22/2018 7:45:40 PM   
uncivil_servant

Personally I think the only thing stopping you from taking all of India and Australia (and more) is yourself. You are limiting what you take as to not take too much too soon and your opponent go "No Mas". You're in February and can take all of India, Australia, and soon China as you have posted zero battles where you were pressed. I really don't think all those "extra" allied PPs used to buy out units that will disappear for North Africa is going to matter as they would have to make it to India and Oz to fight you.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 92
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/23/2018 2:05:55 AM   
njp72

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

quote:

ORIGINAL: njp72
Thus far the Allies haven't played the game except to engage me aggressively with his subs.

What are your long-term plans for the aerial ASW?

There are mixed views among JFBs about the extent of usage of IJAF bombers for ASW duty. It is a given that IJAF bombers gradually lose efficiency in the primary role as war progresses and Allies get capable fighters. By 44 the most useful duty for the bulk of the rank and file of IJAF bombers might indeed be ASW and training for Peggy torps (edit: oh, yea, and Kami training). However, the beginning years are tough to call. Some JFBs advocate earmarking a lot of groups for ASW training from the beginning, foregoing faster advancement in China and elsewhere where you can bomb Allies unhindered in 41-42. But on the other hand in the mid 42 you will be able to fly 70 skill ASW Sallies/Helens over most of your active routes, dishing out pain.

Howdy, I have always used IJA bombers extensively for ASW work especially the Sallies and Helens. Only in China are the IJA flying offensive ground strike missions.

It worked well around the Home Islands where the Allies have withdrawn their subs but on operations where I haven't yet established land based air coverage, Mike is stinging me hard. However once I am established, the subs move off to sting me somewhere else where land based air has not been deployed in depth.

Probably the most effective Allied player I have come across with regards to use of subs.

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 93
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/23/2018 2:08:07 AM   
njp72

quote:

ORIGINAL: ITAKLinus

oh well more PPs are quite useful as Japanese since you can trash China and other funny places.

Allies do not really benefit from that from my point of view: they do not have the possibility to employ those units for offensive duties and since they are fighting overwhelming Jap units, they are at disadvantage no matter what they do.

In the long run, they also marginally benefit from having more naval assets since what they get is sufficient to mount multiple offensive. I do not think they can mount far more operations with more assets.

As far as I can understand you can maintain the strategic initiative well into 1943. On normal Scen1 I consider a strong success to maintain the initiative until JUN-1943 with the strongest offensive efforts ending in Fall '42

Thanks Francesco, I agree I need to maintain the initiative at least through 42 if not early into 43. With new airframes entering service soon, I should have good superiority with regards to carrier air which should prevent the Allies from getting too ambitious

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 94
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/23/2018 2:15:03 AM   
njp72

Thanks for your feedback and part of me agrees with you.

Lack of troops and logistical issues are causing a pause at the moment. I have very few division left until I can wrap up Manilla. Based on sig int and sighting troop ships the Allies have heavily fortified Bombay and Karachi and there is no way I can take these two.

Australia offers more possibilities but again with what spare divisions? I could strip India bare but that would invite disaster and China is still full on.

I am pretty keen on digging in and consolidation some of the key real estate I have in the central Pacific including Midway and Johnstone Island.

Still until I can bring up fuel and supplies and relieve the situation and Fiji I am going nowhere fast.

quote:

ORIGINAL: uncivil_servant

Personally I think the only thing stopping you from taking all of India and Australia (and more) is yourself. You are limiting what you take as to not take too much too soon and your opponent go "No Mas". You're in February and can take all of India, Australia, and soon China as you have posted zero battles where you were pressed. I really don't think all those "extra" allied PPs used to buy out units that will disappear for North Africa is going to matter as they would have to make it to India and Oz to fight you.

(in reply to uncivil_servant)
Post #: 95
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 7/28/2018 11:22:00 PM   
njp72

Update Oct 42

The game continues at a great pace with Mike being a formidable and generous opponent.

I have been very lazy in updating the AAR but the key developments summarised below:

1. China- progressing very well. Main assault on Chungking to commence in the next 2 weeks.

2. India- consolidation. Was not prepared to seize empty bases and string my self out. The Allies are massing around Madras.

3. Australia- still hold the West but was eventually forced out of the East coast with relatively light casualties. Digging in hard around PNG.

4. Central Pacific- main action has been here. Repulsed an attempted landing on Midway but unfortunately didn't really make the Allies pay heavily. Baker, Canton and Tarawa are heavily fortified and mined.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 96
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 7/28/2018 11:24:39 PM   
njp72

Kuriles- base building and fortifying.

Never been a big fan of expanding into the Aleutians. Logistically always found it too hard.

Happy with progress here.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 97
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 7/28/2018 11:27:29 PM   
njp72

China- main theatre of action.

Getting ready to assault the beast

Tough resistance continues from the Chinese forces but they are largely scattered and lacking supplies.

Would like to have this wrapped up by early 43 if possible.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 98
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 7/28/2018 11:30:04 PM   
njp72

India- digging in and waiting for the big assault.

His P38s have been scoring well against my air with high alt sweeps but they are still limited in number.

Keen to fight hard for Calcutta. Ceylon is also heavily fortified.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 99
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 7/28/2018 11:32:36 PM   
njp72

PNG- likely to be the next battle ground.

Worked hard here to build depth into the defensive positions. This should be pretty tough for the Allies to gain a foothold.

Plenty of air and supplies stockpiled here.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 100
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 7/28/2018 11:35:47 PM   
njp72

Noumea- a problem child.

Heavily exposed without too much support. Heavy Allied build ups in Sydney and Auckland.

Will probably abandon as it is too late/ risky to try and conduct a major evac so close to his main naval forces.

They will be sacrificed for the Emperor.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 101
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 7/28/2018 11:40:02 PM   
njp72

Central Pacific- happy with the base building and fortifications.

These atolls are not going to be easy to take.

Once the Allies have naval supremacy and can cut off the supply lines they will be useless but that is some months away yet.

Until then they can provide excellent int on Allied naval movements.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by njp72 -- 7/28/2018 11:41:21 PM >

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 102
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 7/28/2018 11:44:19 PM   
njp72

Midway- my rock of the Pacific

It will be interesting if he makes a second attempt here. It is also a useful sub base as well.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 103
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 7/29/2018 7:06:51 AM   
obvert

quote:

Noumea- a problem child.

Heavily exposed without too much support. Heavy Allied build ups in Sydney and Auckland.

Will probably abandon as it is too late/ risky to try and conduct a major evac so close to his main naval forces.

They will be sacrificed for the Emperor.

Can you just fly out the major portions of important units? Seems like that and some fast transports could grab a lot, but not sure of course what is there.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 104
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 7/30/2018 4:21:16 AM   
njp72

Yep as usual your right Obvert, will remove the key elements before it get's too ugly.

Pressure is now mounting on Madras in the other theater and Horn Island.

Looks like the Allies are getting ready to roll

[/quote]

Can you just fly out the major portions of important units? Seems like that and some fast transports could grab a lot, but not sure of course what is there.
[/quote]

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 105
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 9/27/2018 2:04:56 AM   
njp72

April 43

My slackness know's no bounds as I struggle to document this excellent game. We are punching through the turns ( 3 per day) and good spirit pervades the contest.

Summary:

* Chungking the last Chinese position is being assaulted every 5 to 6 days. 700,000 Chinese and forts at 5 (were 6) is making this a very tough nut to crack. Chinese AV initially started at 13K but now down to 8. Should fall in 2 months.

* One of my better CV raids caught a division+ around the Line Islands and sent them swimming along with 50 AKs/APs

* Calcutta and Madras now besieged by Allied forces.

* No major Allied warship sunk since Oct 42

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 106
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 9/27/2018 2:07:47 AM   
njp72

China- 700K (it was 800K) of Chinese troops dug in and starving in Chungking.

Just rotating divisions through to continue the assault and keep up the pressure. Daily air raids and bombardments continue.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 107
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 9/27/2018 2:13:22 AM   
njp72

To illustrate the scale of carnage at Chungking, attached is the last deliberate attack.

First deliberate attacks started around early Jan 43 on Chungking.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 108
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 9/27/2018 2:17:36 AM   
njp72

Calcutta and Madras are besieged but they have plenty of supply and very high forts.

Calcutta has forts at 7, Madras 6.

Really hard to knock me out of these positions without massive naval bombardments which can't happen with these positions presently. Could hold here for another couple of months- maybe more.

*Indian and British forces have taken a pounding during this conflict which may also be giving Mike pause for thought.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 109
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 9/27/2018 2:19:29 AM   
njp72

Perth- he is taking back Perth but I left months ago.

To far away to adequately defend it and my perimeter was just to big.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 110
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 9/27/2018 2:21:33 AM   
njp72

PNG- slowly the Allies advance here.

Watching and waiting for an opportunity. Missed one last turn when KB decided not to fly- but still managed to reveal its position.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 111
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 9/27/2018 2:23:54 AM   
njp72

Midway- has resisted 2 attempts to take it thus far. Remnants of the last assault still on the island but I don't have the firepower to eliminate it.

Getting harder to hold it due to supply.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 112
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 9/27/2018 2:26:17 AM   
njp72

Central Pacific- Tarawa is in serious trouble. Cut off and out of supply.

Mike has too much naval power in the area to attempt a resup or evac.

They will be left to die for the Emperor as other positions are strengthened.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 113
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 9/27/2018 2:32:15 AM   
njp72

Economy- I am struggling here for a number of reasons but the main one being the additional naval toys and the acceleration of airframes have chewed up a lot of supply and HI.

The ramp up is nearly complete now with large amounts of engines now stockpiled. The George and Frank will arrive in the next couple of months (Frank about 4 months) which will make a big difference.

Also plenty of supply has been expended in hardening positions to slow the Allies down. Need to prevent him from strat bombing the Homeland as long as possible.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 114
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 9/27/2018 2:49:42 AM   
Mike McCreery

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 115
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 9/27/2018 2:35:02 PM   
dave sindel

Would you be able to post a pic of the large strategic map, with bases highlighted ? I'd like to see the overall positions of your perimeter.

(in reply to Mike McCreery)
Post #: 116
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 9/29/2018 9:15:12 PM   
njp72

Sorry Dave, a bit distracted with the end of our footy season.

God I can't believe Collingwood lost another grand final- the pain Probably only Australians would understand this.

Anyway here you go- Perth is in real trouble now and he has surrounded Calcutta.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to dave sindel)
Post #: 117
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 9/30/2018 12:27:13 AM   
dave sindel

thanks !

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 118
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 9/30/2018 8:45:10 PM   
njp72

Latest carnage at Chungking

Rotating divisions now so a deliberate attack occurs every 3 to 4 days.

For some reason I have not been able to reduce the forts.

It has been the toughest fight I have ever experienced for the capital but it is still only April 43

Attachment (1)

(in reply to dave sindel)
Post #: 119
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 10/2/2018 7:37:18 PM   
GetAssista

quote:

For some reason I have not been able to reduce the forts.

It has been the toughest fight I have ever experienced for the capital but it is still only April 43

I assume that you have necessary HQs (army/corps + command) and all LCUs prepped 100%. Still kinda strange to see AV adjusted downwards so much. Anyways, the carnage is onesided with yours being majorly disablements. And you have more VP harvested from revived units the longer the siege lasts (not that I advocate to prolong it to eternity)
Edit: scratch that "strange", seems like this AV reduction is a regular occurrence in big sieges even against a hopelessly outgunned opponent.

I see you did not paint many of the dot bases in the DEI. Sneaky snoopy Catalinas can make you regret this later

< Message edited by GetAssista -- 10/2/2018 8:59:06 PM >

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI