Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Garrison Bases

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Garrison Bases Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Garrison Bases - 6/28/2018 9:41:34 PM   
AdmiralFatcat

How do you Garrison bases? I've looked in the rules and can't find it.

The enemy invariably attacks on one of two occasions: 1. When you're ready for them. 2. When you're not ready for them.
Post #: 1
RE: Garrison Bases - 6/28/2018 9:49:52 PM   
DConn

Just have ground units there with an assault value at least equal to the garrison value.

--Dave Conn
Currently defending the free world against montesaurus, DBB-B, Scen. 28

(in reply to AdmiralFatcat)
Post #: 2
RE: Garrison Bases - 6/28/2018 9:50:48 PM   
jwolf

Some bases require a certain amount of ground combat strength (AV) in order to avoid penalties. You simply move an appropriate ground unit, or combination of units to that base so that your AV meets or exceeds the minimum required.

Post #: 3
RE: Garrison Bases - 6/28/2018 9:57:58 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: AdmiralFatcat

How do you Garrison bases? I've looked in the rules and can't find it.

You'll find it on page 199 under Partsans. Basically you need to have enough AV at a base equal to or greater than the garrison level. Units capable of attacking have an AV.

Post #: 4
RE: Garrison Bases - 6/29/2018 6:03:51 AM   
BBfanboy

The tricky thing is in India, where there are a lot of places requiring small garrisons of less than 100 AV. If you have upgrades turned on for you garrison, it might just upgrade to a device that is less plentiful in the pools and lose most of its AV when the old devices are withdrawn. A couple of armoured or recon units do this.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 5
RE: Garrison Bases - 6/30/2018 5:14:47 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

The tricky thing is in India, where there are a lot of places requiring small garrisons of less than 100 AV. If you have upgrades turned on for you garrison, it might just upgrade to a device that is less plentiful in the pools and lose most of its AV when the old devices are withdrawn. A couple of armoured or recon units do this.

Also there are a lot of small garrison. I tend to fins a small unit, which is normally too big even so, and split them by flying them to another garrison base. Because the unit is not split it stops the upgrade problem.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Garrison Bases - 6/30/2018 5:10:17 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Also there are a lot of small garrison. I tend to fins a small unit, which is normally too big even so, and split them by flying them to another garrison base. Because the unit is not split it stops the upgrade problem.

Or (like in China), I rotate Japanese LCUs that have been degraded over time on the front line back to rear echelon positions to rest and recuperate and take replacements. A Japanese division of 330 AV that has been beaten up a little on the front lines can be split into A/B/C subunits of approximately 80-100 AV. Good for garrisoning some of the Chinese cities that require more than the 40 AV that the regional Chinese forces provide.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 7
RE: Garrison Bases - 6/30/2018 5:32:55 PM   
rustysi

quote:

Or (like in China), I rotate Japanese LCUs that have been degraded over time on the front line back to rear echelon positions to rest and recuperate and take replacements. A Japanese division of 330 AV that has been beaten up a little on the front lines can be split into A/B/C subunits of approximately 80-100 AV. Good for garrisoning some of the Chinese cities that require more than the 40 AV that the regional Chinese forces provide.

OK, that works, but I prefer something a bit more 'permanent'. There are a number of 'large Chinese' forces that'll fit nicely at certain bases. In addition Japan gets a number of divisions that are shall we say are lacking. IOW these divisions have little in the way of engineers and heavy equipment. What they do have is a pretty good AV value. Divided up they may 'garrison' two-three sites. I use two in Shanghai to cover most of its pretty large requirement.

Also don't forget that those 'Chinese' divisions that you get may be divided to cover garrison requirements more 'efficiently'.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8
RE: Garrison Bases - 7/2/2018 6:41:36 AM   
Barb

Yup, several possible ways...
Chinese Colaborationist forces (either RGC or NCPC) are usually of 24-48AV, but there are handful with about 130AV too.

Japanese Independent Regiments/Brigades were IRL garrison forces with about 150AV - groupings of 4-5 infantry battalions without meaningful engineer/artillery support - so not suited for direct combat.
There are also Japanese Type C Divisions - with only light artillery (70/75mm guns) and mortars, but no heavier guns or AT guns - which were in fact a garrison units (the units with about 280-320AV).

Independent Mixed Regiments/Brigades as well as Type B (standard) and Type A (reinforced) divisions were the actual "combat" units.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Garrison Bases Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI