Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

UNABle to run game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> UNABle to run game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
UNABle to run game - 7/4/2018 3:38:45 PM   
hufc

Ihave downloaded uncommon valour onto my new computer but get message error RUN WITH ADMINISTRATOR PRIVELEGES ANY IDEAS
Post #: 1
RE: UNABle to run game - 7/5/2018 4:25:16 AM   
zakblood

you need to login and have full admin account to be able to play, without you get the error, so if you only have a basic account, the game will throw the same error message right click run as admin normally does it, but if your not the administror on the pc, eg a works pc, the game won't install either most of the time, as it wont have the correct permissions to set it self up in the right places on the pc

(in reply to hufc)
Post #: 2
RE: UNABle to run game - 8/31/2018 5:37:52 AM   
Monkey

I’m having the same problem. I reinstalled UV but just can’t get it running, I’ve tried running as administrator (it’s my pc too) and in every combo of compatibility modes possible, but the game steadfastly refuses to run. I’m stuck as to what to try next so any help would be really appreciated

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: UNABle to run game - 8/31/2018 6:34:06 AM   
zakblood

sorry but not enough information given to make anything other than a guess, which for me would be antivirus, eg a poor one is blocking something from running, or admin rights, game needs to be installed as right click install as admin and run as admin

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=214857

(in reply to Monkey)
Post #: 4
RE: UNABle to run game - 9/2/2018 3:56:13 PM   
Tbilisi

I spent a few hours last night and was successful in getting Uncommon Valor to play over Windows 10 but it took a bit of effort and in the end I didn't care for the distortion of the graphics on a 1920 x 1080 monitor. Still, it is playable and I might try to monkey with it some more to get it where the horizontal elongation isn't so noticeable. The mouse lag was bad and I eventually followed the steps defined in a sticky post in this forum that deals with the same problem on Windows 8. Too bad the game was originally written to handle only a 4:3 display aspect, but at the time of its development 16:9 was probably seen as a bit exotic and not mainstream. It's worth giving it a try though.

Also, I was surprised that the game loaded and executed very slowly on a new 8700K system. The last time I tried to play it I was still on my old FX8350 and it didn't seem like the newer machine made much difference. Not a big deal, but I expected different performance results.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: UNABle to run game - 5/18/2019 1:28:28 PM   
gfc1963

I installed the game and got the same message about 'Run with Admin privaleges". I disabled my anti virus and tried again. I get to the launch screen and click on Play Uncommon Valor and NOTHING happens! I click on the other links on the menu and they work fine! I have Windows 10, and good graphics and processor. Does it run on Windows 10 or am I wasting my time?

(in reply to Tbilisi)
Post #: 6
RE: UNABle to run game - 5/18/2019 1:46:06 PM   
zakblood

game works on windows 10 as per post and link

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4061344

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3912371

(in reply to gfc1963)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> UNABle to run game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI