Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Getting AI bonuses as a human player

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> Getting AI bonuses as a human player Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Getting AI bonuses as a human player - 7/7/2018 3:07:15 PM   
LordOfPants

Score: 0
I took a game that I started playing as the Axis, and switched sides after conquering the UK to see how trying to retake the UK would go. I found that I was getting bunches of Russian units from scripts, and I'm pretty sure those are supposed to be AI only. How do I tell the game "I am not an AI, only run human player scripts from me" if the side I'm playing started as an AI?
Post #: 1
RE: Getting AI bonuses as a human player - 7/9/2018 1:23:31 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Can you send me a saved turn of the game to support@furysoftware.com?

Reason being it should not be happening as described as those events should only fire for an AI side as you suggest, so I wonder if it might be something else. If it is a bug I would be happy to correct it. Also can you tell me which date you switched over to the Allies? This will help me narrow down which events would have already fired and which should not have fired etc.

Thanks,
Hubert

(in reply to LordOfPants)
Post #: 2
RE: Getting AI bonuses as a human player - 7/11/2018 3:41:24 PM   
LordOfPants

I'll go back through my save games and find the one with the switch, I can send both the pre-switch game and a post-switch one. The switch was in December 1941 IIRC, and I got extra units both during that winter and in late 1942 (not talking about the AT guns and Siberian units), as well as a big group in the Caucasus when Turkey entered the war later on.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: Getting AI bonuses as a human player - 7/12/2018 7:06:06 PM   
LordOfPants

I've been poking around at this, and I can duplicate it with a standard scenario.
Select the 1942 (Case Blue) scenario, up the difficulty to intermediate, leave the side to play as Axis.
Start the game, then save and exit back to the main menu.
Go to load saved game, load your new save.
Select to play as Allied, then start the game and let the axis finish their turn.
Declare war on Turkey as your first action as the Allies, and the AI-only units at Tblisi spawn immediately.

I'll send my saved games later tonight when I have my laptop connected to a network again, but I don't think it's anything specific to that particular game since I can reproduce it this easily.

(in reply to LordOfPants)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> Getting AI bonuses as a human player Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI