Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game drags and freezes temporarilly when I move units around

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Game drags and freezes temporarilly when I move units around Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game drags and freezes temporarilly when I move units a... - 7/9/2018 11:32:43 AM   
Verntallat7

This was an issue on TOAW III too, sad to see it again in TOAW IV, I couldn't find anyone else with this issue but it shoudln't be that uncommon, isn't it?? Basically moving units cause the game to freeze for a moment, as if it was charging a spring, then a few seconds later it would defreeze and show the units where they should be. Is there anything I can do to solve that issue?? The game doesn't crash, it just freezes for a moment when I'm moving units around
Post #: 1
RE: Game drags and freezes temporarilly when I move uni... - 7/9/2018 1:35:26 PM   
hingram

Open up Task Manager and watch your CPU and memory usage. See if CPU increases dramatically and make sure you aren't exceeding your RAM amount

Hank

If you aren't part of the solution, there is good money to be made prolonging the problem.

(in reply to Verntallat7)
Post #: 2
RE: Game drags and freezes temporarilly when I move uni... - 7/9/2018 2:57:18 PM   
sPzAbt653

This happens to me when doing a long distance rail movement of multiple units, but that is the only time I see it. I have a W7 machine from 2012.

(in reply to Verntallat7)
Post #: 3
RE: Game drags and freezes temporarilly when I move uni... - 7/10/2018 2:10:57 PM   
larryfulkerson

You might try turning off everything running in the background. It sounds like
your CPU is getting saturated with work.

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 4
RE: Game drags and freezes temporarilly when I move uni... - 7/11/2018 3:47:53 AM   
sPzAbt653

Does this show anything of use ? It's right after a multiple unit rail movement that travels across multiple screens. Of course, when I was trying it it wouldn't freeze up. I'll try and remember to pull up the TM each time I run a long rail to see if it will freeze for a screeny.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sPzAbt653 -- 7/11/2018 3:48:20 AM >

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 5
RE: Game drags and freezes temporarilly when I move uni... - 7/11/2018 1:17:28 PM   
hingram

Use the Resource Monitor. If it freezes up, get a snapshot of the monitor afterwards. Make sure you drag the graph to the left a bit.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by hingram -- 7/11/2018 1:19:00 PM >

Hank

If you aren't part of the solution, there is good money to be made prolonging the problem.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 6
RE: Game drags and freezes temporarilly when I move uni... - 7/11/2018 5:18:53 PM   
sPzAbt653

This one was about 5 seconds after a screen freeze [multiple unit rail movement across multiple screens].

Attachment (1)

(in reply to hingram)
Post #: 7
RE: Game drags and freezes temporarilly when I move uni... - 7/11/2018 5:30:55 PM   
sPzAbt653

So after I moved I hit the Resolve Combats, and while it was resolving I got this entire blank screen about 5 times, it only lasts a second or two. I've never seen this in all my born days, so I have to close that Resource thing because my machine doesn't like it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 8
RE: Game drags and freezes temporarilly when I move uni... - 7/12/2018 3:15:01 AM   
Lobster

Yeah looks like the hard drive got maxed out for a short time twice. Virtual memory maybe? Otherwise it should just shunt stuff to memory if you had enough. Lots faster. I know how it is with old machines. My brain is old and running out of memory too.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 9
RE: Game drags and freezes temporarilly when I move uni... - 7/12/2018 2:13:12 PM   
hingram

You should not be going to virtual memory if you have 4 gig or more of RAM. You are only showing 2.3G of usage. But if you have a slow hard drive that needs to be defragged, that would definitely do it. It's waiting on those platters.

Hank

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 10
RE: Game drags and freezes temporarilly when I move uni... - 7/16/2018 12:07:47 AM   
sPzAbt653

Defrag is set to run once a week here, so the drive doesn't need to be defragged at this time.

(in reply to hingram)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Game drags and freezes temporarilly when I move units around Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI