Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Supply issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply issues - 7/17/2018 10:44:04 AM   
Kensai

Hi,

I have the issue that my units in at the heigth of Rostov receive absolutly no supplies at all.

The units are around 40MP from the railhead but in the range of the HQ. All have full vehicles and I even used a cheating tool to raise the number of stocks and vehicles. That all did not change anything.

Also, units sitting well in the railheads in Poland get hardly over 50% of the required supplies.

What I'm doing wrong?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Kensai -- 7/17/2018 10:46:53 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Supply issues - 7/17/2018 11:51:45 AM   
Searry

The unit in the attachment is past 30 hexes from rail. What I have understood is that 30 hexes is the absolute limit. Less is much much preferred.

(in reply to Kensai)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply issues - 7/17/2018 4:54:05 PM   
Aufklaerungs

Difficult to determine from information in supply details. Perhaps you are using too much of your rail capacity for strategic movement? The farther east the Germans advance, the greater the greater the impact of the Axis Rail Supply Modifier (20.4.3.1 and 20.4.3.2). Also, your truck supply columns are useless because they have no fuel.

Aufklärungs

(in reply to Kensai)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply issues - 7/17/2018 7:40:19 PM   
Kensai

I didnt use any strategic movement. Also, I have added tons of fuel to the pool and it did nothing.

Anyway, thanks for the info about the manual, I've read those points again in detail

But I'm still somehow much too slow with my FDB units, I have absolutely no clue how to get units supplied at Rostov at November 1941

Especially the south is a mess for me

< Message edited by Kensai -- 7/17/2018 7:41:03 PM >

(in reply to Aufklaerungs)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply issues - 7/17/2018 8:18:09 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

Searry has it right about the 30 hexagons.
Your units in Poland probably is out of range of the HQ? In this case, the supply deliveries are halved.

If you are interested in the Details of the supply system, I recommend following the link in the signature, some documents deal with this topic.

(in reply to Kensai)
Post #: 5
RE: Supply issues - 7/17/2018 10:02:24 PM   
Aufklaerungs

quote:

I have added tons of fuel to the pool and it did nothing.

Assuming the pool makes the fuel available immediately at each permanent supply source - Linz, Magdeburg, Königsburg - and does not require extra transport time from refineries & synthetic fuel plant locations, it will still require at least one turn, best case, to reach your railhead closest to Rostov. In Nov 41 you are dealing with all the leftover logistical bottle necks caused by mud.

quote:

But I'm still somehow much too slow with my FDB units, I have absolutely no clue how to get units supplied at Rostov at November 1941

If Rostov is a critical objective in your "master plan" for 1941, you should attach an FBD to HQ AOK11 as early as possible. Assign this FBD to 11th Army HQ, and keep it well supplied.
Maintain an RRV of 16 in the FBD by attaching one or two labor groups/detachments when necessary. There is a technique you can use along with FBD. Lock the HQ and add extra construction support units your Army HQs approaching Rostov from Rumania to maximize/localize automatic rail hex repairs.

Aufklärungs

(in reply to Kensai)
Post #: 6
RE: Supply issues - 7/19/2018 6:40:19 AM   
Kensai

Thanks for your answers. Did help quite alot

(in reply to Aufklaerungs)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Supply issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI