Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bugs?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Bugs? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bugs? - 6/11/2001 11:29:00 PM   
Larry Holt

I can't seem to find the consolidated bug thread, then again search doesn't seem to be working, it just times out. SPWAW 5.01: I assaulted Polish bunkers with German Engineers and Infantry (both 70's experience). The % to hit was equal to the number of men (8 men squad had an 8% chance) in the unit while the Poles had a 43% or so chance against me. I also noticed that the engineers did not expend any flamethrower shots or satchel charges during their close assault. This seems wrong. I have units that are surpressed, various levels, 29 or so to 99 . At the START of my turn, the rally button is greyed out. That is I don't even get to try one time to rally them. How can this be?

Never take counsel of your fears.
Post #: 1
- 6/12/2001 12:27:00 AM   
Belisarius

Just checking: Did you use the "attack hex" function? They won't use their 'throwers or satchel charges if you assault the bunker with direct fire. As for the second, I don't know. I guess if you play with Combat Command switched on, you might not have enough command points to rally. (I'm not sure here, I'm 'green' with the game, so I've played mostly w/ combat command turned off.)

Got StuG?

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 2
- 6/12/2001 12:46:00 AM   
Cyric

I ran into a similar situation with one tiger. It took no shots and was O.K. BUT my next turn after soviets it had suppression of 99?! Alltough i could rally it, i just wondered the hows and whys, but because it didn't affect the game i forgot about it.... But this really can pose a problem if it manifests it self in a bad place, so to speak.

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 3
- 6/12/2001 12:58:00 AM   
Larry Holt

quote:

Originally posted by Belisarius: Just checking: Did you use the "attack hex" function? They won't use their 'throwers or satchel charges if you assault the bunker with direct fire. As for the second, I don't know. I guess if you play with Combat Command switched on, you might not have enough command points to rally. (I'm not sure here, I'm 'green' with the game, so I've played mostly w/ combat command turned off.)
I used direct fire, I was unaware of the need to use attack hex (Z key IIRC). C&C was not being used.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Bugs? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI