Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Surrender Conditions - Reparations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Surrender Conditions - Reparations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Surrender Conditions - Reparations - 8/4/2018 5:12:10 PM   
pzgndr

An issue/bug in the code affects surrender conditions B.3 and C.3. Rather than having the loser pay 1/2 or ALL, respectively, original home nation tax value during the next Economic Phase, the code quarters the debt and pays it over the next four eco phases. Or should, but may only be doing it for two eco phases apparently. So this isn't correct.

I can fix the code for one payment, or fix the documentation for four payments. Alternatively, the original game rules provide an option for 1/3 or 2/3, respectively, during each of the next two eco phases, rounded up. I don't know if I could add another selection for the loser to choose, but I could make the single payment the default and, if the loser is still at war with another major power then make it the double payment.

I'm not sure why Marshall had it coded the way it is, but I'd like to make it right. I'd prefer to stay faithful to the original rules and implement the default one payment or double payment as proposed. I'm interested in player feedback on this, based on how it has been done in boardgame play. Thoughts?

Bill
Empires in Arms Development Team
Post #: 1
RE: Surrender Conditions - Reparations - 8/5/2018 10:45:14 AM   
Maple Leaf

My preference would be a single payment - either full or half depending on the condition chosen - in the next Economic phase.

That way it would conform to the original rules, and be easier to track.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 2
RE: Surrender Conditions - Reparations - 8/5/2018 1:06:39 PM   
pzgndr

The double payment also conforms to the original rules. I'm curious under what conditions players would chose that option, and perhaps code it in. Paying ALL reparations at once if still at war with another major would be rather severe, so I could see going for the double payment so you can still afford supply and maintenance costs. Certainly a single payment would be easier all around, but the code is already there for multiple payments so making adjustments is easy.

Bill
Empires in Arms Development Team

(in reply to Maple Leaf)
Post #: 3
RE: Surrender Conditions - Reparations - 8/5/2018 5:38:24 PM   
Pans

I would also prefer the double payment as with C.3 it can easily bankrupt the MP. Anyway this surrender condition (C.3) is not correct implemented as right now you only got a quater tax value each in two eco-phases which is the same as B.3.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Surrender Conditions - Reparations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI