Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Alternate Missile Alert

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Alternate Missile Alert Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Alternate Missile Alert - 8/8/2018 10:00:02 PM   
Mini_Von

Hello Everyone,

The default missile alert sound was getting on my wife's nerves. I took the "alert_missile.mp3" file and altered it. I lowered the volume and shortened the length of the file to give 2 beeps instead of 4. I thought I would post it for others to try. My wife thinks the new sound file is less irritating.

The "alert_missile.mp3" file needs to be placed in your "Command Wargame of the Year Edition\Sound\Effects" folder. Make a backup of the original so you can change back if desired.

Rob

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1
RE: Alternate Missile Alert - 8/9/2018 2:03:13 AM   
RedBunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mini_Von

Hello Everyone,

The default missile alert sound was getting on my wife's nerves. I took the "alert_missile.mp3" file and altered it. I lowered the volume and shortened the length of the file to give 2 beeps instead of 4. I thought I would post it for others to try. My wife thinks the new sound file is less irritating.

The "alert_missile.mp3" file needs to be placed in your "Command Wargame of the Year Edition\Sound\Effects" folder. Make a backup of the original so you can change back if desired.

Rob

I say you're missing an opportunity here: change the mp3 to a recording of your voice saying "I love you".

Bet your wife will encourage your play of CMANO and may result in more 'missile alerts' if you're lucky!

(in reply to Mini_Von)
Post #: 2
RE: Alternate Missile Alert - 8/9/2018 2:45:29 AM   
kevinkins

oy vey

(in reply to RedBunny)
Post #: 3
RE: Alternate Missile Alert - 8/9/2018 2:49:18 AM   
DWReese

quote:

change the mp3 to a recording of your voice saying "I love you".

No, that would be bad. She (like all wives) would jump to the conclusion that your statement was intended for your game and not her, and that you obviously love CMANO more than her, so you will likely end up in a divorce. On the bright side, it will give you more time to play, though. <lol>

Doug

(in reply to RedBunny)
Post #: 4
RE: Alternate Missile Alert - 8/9/2018 6:35:32 AM   
Roby7979

I try

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Alternate Missile Alert Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI